Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

ladystorm

1 hour ago, Rainbow Sculptor said:

I agree, the Forscale unit seems like a great official unit of Reaper measurement haha

That IS a chew toy, it's my favorite part of that sculpt. (half torn apart as they always are)

She could be either an elf or half elf. As it stands she is the only non human kid hero.

I love the colors. I am loving the limitless amount of colors to choose from when I start a new sculpt. Pushing colored pixels is the best!

That's a super fun idea, I would have fun doing those!

*best Ron impersonation* hmm....gem dragon huh? that's interesting. 

So.. um.. what do we have to bribe you with to get non-human kid-heroes? 

I've got.. um.. pound cake? Cookies? Mebbe fudge.. ?

• Like 4
  • Haha 7

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Sylverthorne said:

I feel like I'm saying this too much, but I'm so for this.  I need more non-humans in general.  Some NPC non-human kids would be awesome as well.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Sylverthorne said:

HAHA I have lots and lots of ideas I'd love to do within the kid heroes genre. I got to explore quite a bit of cultural variety in this set which was a ton of fun. Things like alternative races and various ages/classes would all be things I'd like to get more into.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Rainbow Sculptor said:

So, the scale question is a little tricky to answer as 1. that may be subject to change and 2. I've intentionally made some shorter and some taller for variety purposes. That said, currently they stand at about 2/3rds the size of Sir Forscale if that helps :)

The eyes are oversized and would certainly fall somewhere between normal and chibi size. I'll put some pictures here that might give you a better look. 

I'm really glad to hear of all the plans to get kids playing or fill a gap for current young adventurers. As a nerdy mom it makes me extra excited to offer something for younger players! 

Merlin Facebook Presentation.jpg

Aranei and Silver Portfolio.jpg

Kal and Pickpocket Portfolio Presentation.jpg

FWIW, I plan on using them as half and gnome adventurers. They work really well for that, and add some nice variety to the smaller races. 

• Like 11

1 minute ago, Rainbow Sculptor said:

HAHA I have lots and lots of ideas I'd love to do within the kid heroes genre. I got to explore quite a bit of cultural variety in this set which was a ton of fun. Things like alternative races and various ages/classes would all be things I'd like to get more into.

More races would be great!

Something I would really love to see (kids and adults!) is an exploration of the people in the Five Nations of The Eberron campaign setting. They're loosely based on real world cultures in the post-WWI era. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Rainbow Sculptor said:

For those of you asking, here are the renders for the other kids. The polar bear (Tuktu) has already been resized to about twice as big as pictured here.

Edmund and Altair Presentation.jpg

Kang and Suri Presentation.jpg

Sylvi and Roscoe Portfolio.jpg

Yuka and Tuktu Portfolio Presentation.jpg

Lilith and Shadowthorn Portfolio Presentation.jpg

The kiddos were already high n my list but the closer looks made them my favorite thing in the kickstarter so far! So much personality and awesomeness!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Sanael said:

I'm already concocting character sheets for those kids. I love the diversity of cultures they represent. I think viking-girl is my favorite right now.

Just noticed the Knight with the toucan has slashed pants! So good!

Girl could also be Saxon, Early Norman, North Scots, Orkneys, Early Russian, or Irish/Scandinavian. (Contrary to popular belief, knotwork is not Celtic in origin, it is Norse. It's presence in Ireland was the result of Scandinavian settlers in Cork, Dublin, etc.)

Edited by Skallabjorn
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Chris Palmer said:

Check your inboxes.... a new update just arrived with lots of Sir Forscale comparison photos!

Bridge is still showing 2 styles of paving. Asked about it in update comments. Other than that, AWESOME! Love the size on the war mammoth!

Maybe a Goblin crew built one side and a Dwarf crew the other?

Edited by Skallabjorn
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4