ladystorm

Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

About all this talk about the kids, it also bears mentioning:

Both updates today (on a Saturday!) have been great! A further-ahead stretch goal to cover the weekend, timely updates to the KS front project page (including another page of the comic! Wooohooo!), and new scale images (which will also apparently be available from Reaper's website soon).

While I'd still personally like to see more of a Reaper presence in this thread, I'm actually really happy with what this weekend has brought. Seems like they're getting caught up on the day 1 aftermath!

• Like 14

1 minute ago, Skallabjorn said:

Bridge is still showing 2 styles of paving. Asked about it in update comments.

My guess would be because it's the same 3D print that's been shown every time. Someone mentioned they did it purposefully to gauge people's opinions of which they liked better during ReaperCon. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Sanael said:

Both updates today (on a Saturday!) have been great! A further-ahead stretch goal to cover the weekend, timely updates to the KS front project page (including another page of the comic! Wooohooo!), and new scale images (which will also apparently be available from Reaper's website soon).

While I'd still personally like to see more of a Reaper presence in this thread, I'm actually really happy with what this weekend has brought. Seems like they're getting caught up on the day 1 aftermath!

With everything else they have to do during KS season (including run their actual business) I don't really expect much presence in the thread as long as there are consistent updates elsewhere.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Sanael said:

Totally agreed.

• Like 5

It's okay, already got a back story for it.

The Bridge of Stout-Lager

This bridge exists on a disused former trade road that once ran between the Dwarven mountains and the Goblin plains. It was built during the reigns of High King Snorri "Boilermaker" Arnulfson and Grand Biggest Boss Yag "Fartflinger" Yagsprog as a cooperative effort to attempt to establish trading relationships between the Dwarf and Goblin domains. All went well, with separate Dwarf and Goblin crews working toward a common meeting point at the river crossing now known as "Busted Keg" by the Goblins and referred to only obliquely in Dwarven records as "The site of the 347th Goblin atrocity". 

Historians have managed to reconstruct some of the occurrences that led to what is now called the "52nd Dwarf-Goblin War". Apparently, the two competing crews reached the crossing at the same time, and began constructing the bridge. The Goblins, more numerous but haphazard, paved their side of the bridge in traditional Goblin style, using diagonal rows of rounded pavers. The Dwarves, a smaller but more efficient crew, laid their pavers with typical Dwarven precision, using squared pavers in neat horizontal rows.

Both crews completed their work at roughly the same time and met in the middle to bless the final paver with a ceremonial baptism of their chosen potables. The

goblins brought a large keg of "Buglip's Really Old Peculiar Funky Fungus Lager", while the Dwarves brought out an even larger barrel of "Gut Gutbusterson's XXXXXX Moshroom Stout". The crewleaders each filled a large mug with their beverage and solemnly exchanged them for the ritual of "Quaffing and Libation".

That is where it all went horribly wrong. The Dwarf crewleader was the first to spit out his huge gulp of Goblin lager, shouting "This tastes like pig urine wrung out of a sweaty gambeson. Are you trying to poison me?!!" The Goblin crew leader responded, saying that the Dwarf stout was "Like trying to drink mud mixed with the droppings of several incontinent goats". Stronger words were soon exchanged, with things rapidly degenerating to the point of the final act of disrespect. 

It is not clear who did it to whom, but both sides agree that one crewleader grabbed the other and stuffed them head first into their opponents keg, Getting that crewleader ridiculously drunk, and causing the keg to eventually burst. As both races take their drinking very seriously, there was no possible turning back from this final atrocity.

Thus we have the abandoned Bridge of Stout-Lager at Busted Keg crossing.

• Haha 12

21 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

I just had an amazing head-cannon: the kiddie hero with the dragon is Hyrekia and Kaladrax. ::o:

:blink:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Ron just posted another Update, and took some glamour shots of the models.  Showed off some that we haven't seen yet:

Centaur

image.thumb.png.6306a58c64cc628872322585502ca7cf.png

image.thumb.png.d065a61c89c1802f46181f8bc9f326b1.png

Pirate Skeletons

image.thumb.png.2876ea5f01fe23fa1c6a87c542cf7be6.png

Old Bones Stone Golem vs. the new one in Bones Black

image.thumb.png.dcf86f0cf02b2bab624589e279291c68.png

Edited by ksbsnowowl
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 5

5 minutes ago, ksbsnowowl said:

Ron just posted another Update, and took some glamour shots of the models.  Showed off some that we haven't seen yet:

Centaur

image.thumb.png.6306a58c64cc628872322585502ca7cf.png

Dat demon-centaur tho... ::o:

(yes, yes, I know it's supposed to be horns on the helmet. Demontaur...).

• Like 6