ladystorm

Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

4 minutes ago, Chris Palmer said:

I think the best set would be a team of Dino paleontologists/archeologists, with Fedoras, pith helmets, shovels, maps, etc., in the Pulp Expansion!  ::):

Fixed that for you!

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

1 minute ago, Hikikomori said:

Are the dino people used for some game? I think they're cute, but I don't see much utility and they span genres longer than the troll's bridge.

Hi @Hikikomori, welcome to the place. I am not aware of any games with the dinos specifically, but I just used the Blacktooth Suppressor from Bones 4 as a Vesk in Starfinder.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, pcktlnt said:

Wouldn't mind military dinosaurs. ^.^

Saving Private  Rhoetosaurus? 

::):

5 minutes ago, Hikikomori said:

Are the dino people used for some game? I think they're cute, but I don't see much utility and they span genres longer than the troll's bridge.

No particular game, but could be used in just about any game. Ghost Archipelago and Rogue Stars off the top of my head are two. 

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, Hikikomori said:

dinosaur princess/dinosaur princess 2020?

some flavors of d&d

starfinder

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Hikikomori said:

Also, for tabletop wargaming, they will make good command/hero/wizard models for a lizardman army. Saurials in a Forgotten Realms AD&D campaign. Mutants in a post apocalyptic game. Albedo. Shapeshifted / polymorphed npcs, villians, etc. Biological constructs for a fantasy or science fiction game.

Edited by Skallabjorn
  • Like 5

19 minutes ago, Chris Palmer said:

I think the best set would be a team of Dino paleontologists/archeologists, with pith helmets, shovels, maps, etc., in the Pulp Expansion!  ::):

*throws money at the computer screen*

13 minutes ago, Hikikomori said:

Not specifically... Though there are dino races for D&D... I just think they're great. I've started working on the sci-fi ones this week. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Hikikomori said:

They would be great for Bloodbowl too. GURPS Traveler had a dino race too.

Edited by Corsair
  • Like 2

Clearly my gaming diet is not varied enough. Thanks y'all. I did consider them as substitute lizardmen. Some sculpts are more suitable than others for that. I have my eye on that triceratops wizard.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Hikikomori said:

Clearly my gaming diet is not varied enough. Thanks y'all. I did consider them as substitute lizardmen. Some sculpts are more suitable than others for that. I have my eye on that triceratops wizard.

Unless you are engaged in tournament play, it is your (and your group's) tabletop. It's not a question of where to use them, it is a question of where do you WANT to use them. Rule of Cool.

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, Skallabjorn said:

Unless you are engaged in tournament play, it is your (and your group's) tabletop. It's not a question of where to use them, it is a question of where do you WANT to use them. Rule of Cool.

100% agree, but I'm a sucker for dinos.  I'm about to go on a field trip with my daughter's class to the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History and I have no doubt it'll be one of the highlights of the school year.

One of my favorite things about minis is that I find that once I paint a mini, I have no trouble finding a way to incorporate it into a game.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Skallabjorn said:

QFT!!

I'll be honest, I have absolutely zero need for them, yet at the same time, I absolutely NEED THEM!! Because I'm still at heart an 8 year old kid who loves dinosaurs, bad saturday morning cartoons, and making sound effects for my toys as I play with them. 

• Like 10

Def need the golems from the core once they are split up.  Need that larger stone golem.  painted the metal version of the regular bones one.  Not sure what to do on the Asian dragon. Don't like that expansion except for a few models (the oni) and the dragon.  That said, I've made profits selling the bones stuff I don't want to keep from each Kickstarter so may be worth getting it and selling most of it.

It sounded like reaper would tease something else tonight but they didn't post an update 19.

Regards

Sanjay

• Like 3