Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

ladystorm

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Hikikomori said:

Are the dino people used for some game? I think they're cute, but I don't see much utility and they span genres longer than the troll's bridge.

They could be used for t'skrang in Earthdawn as well, although I would normally consider the t'skrang to be more "raptor-ish."  But, still, humanoid dino...

Beggars and choosers.  *shrug*

• Like 2

Just now, Sinfolmatt said:

Is anyone else going crazy waiting for the other expansions? My favorite previews have been the Greek themed minis and giants and the underwater themed minis. 

That's why the Sophie with the F5 cartoon.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Sinfolmatt said:

Is anyone else going crazy waiting for the other expansions? My favorite previews have been the Greek themed minis and giants and the underwater themed minis. 

I personally will be at a lower than normal (for me, it's all relative) sanity level until I am locked in my cave sometime in 2021, gleefully fondling and drooling over my new lovelies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Sinfolmatt said:

I wouldn't say "going crazy," but I'm certainly "waiting with enthusiasm."  That may, or may not, be relevant to my reported level of sanity.

The current add-ons just aren't grabbing me like they have in the past.  Which is fine, as I've got a few minis from Bones III and Bones IV (and general purchases)...

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, strawhat said:

I wouldn't say "going crazy," but I'm certainly "waiting with enthusiasm."  That may, or may not, be relevant to my reported level of sanity.

The current add-ons just aren't grabbing me like they have in the past.  Which is fine, as I've got a few minis from Bones III and Bones IV (and general purchases)...

Yeah, I am not as excited about what is currently available as what will hopefully come and the drop in pace for unlocks is what is driving me crazy. 

9 minutes ago, Corsair said:

That's why the Sophie with the F5 cartoon.

Hah, I am not refreshing that often. More going crazy because I worry about the slow down in growth. What if I don't get to see what I really want. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Sinfolmatt said:

Yeah, I am not as excited about what is currently available as what will hopefully come and the drop in pace for unlocks is what is driving me crazy. 

Hah, I am not refreshing that often. More going crazy because I worry about the slow down in growth. What if I don't get to see what I really want. 

In that case, it will probably be rolled over to the Core set for Bones 6. (HAH, there, I said it! First!) Or become a new release at some point. I honestly don't think Reaper will let a design they have already paid the artist for go to waste.Especially if it has gotten past the digital render stage.

• Like 4

Just now, Sinfolmatt said:

This is pretty normal for a KS campaign. Pretty tough to sustain extreme growth outside of the first and last 48 hours.

Keep in mind that even at 50k per day (which we're outpacing) we'll add 1.3 million dollars before we even get to the rush of the last 48 hours.  Most the people who have "remind me" set in the KS will pledge in the last 48 hours, so there should be a big surge at the end.

It's not out of the question for this KS to hit 3.5 million or more.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Pineapple said:

This is pretty normal for a KS campaign. Pretty tough to sustain extreme growth outside of the first and last 48 hours.

Keep in mind that even at 50k per day (which we're outpacing) we'll add 1.3 million dollars before we even get to the rush of the last 48 hours.  Most the people who have "remind me" set in the KS will pledge in the last 48 hours, so there should be a big surge at the end.

It's not out of the question for this KS to hit 3.5 million or more.

Yeah I saw the numbers from a prior Bones KS and it seems like there will definitely be a surge at the end. Just driving me crazy to wait that long to see the other stuff. 

• Like 4