Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

ladystorm

3 hours ago, kodiakbear said:

It seams like it is taking forever to get off Map 3 not sure if the speed of map 1 and 2 were just because pledgers were throwing the $120 at the screen as fast as they could to get in an early wave or if the perceived slowness of Map 3 is because less people were interested in Daimyo. 

The fact it was it was a Sunday also didn’t help the pledging. It is a notoriously slow day. 

54 minutes ago, DMAgamus said:

I'm hopeful about the undersea expansion. I'd love to see some merfolk and sahuagin type minis.

Merfolk were shown on Reaper Live. There’s pics on the first page of the pre-launch enthusiasm thread. 

1B353909-9FFC-401F-A49F-4813FC98093E.png

7F757424-FEB3-4DE0-8EEF-142B638C7DC9.png

AD6C1F22-DB6A-4FF2-9106-8B88016757C5.png

A646FCE6-2746-4E46-AA55-0ED0852ACAC3.png

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 6

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know they've gotten a lot of criticism from this forum so far, but whoever is in charge of the Reaper kickstarter account has done a good job to keep me watching the KS in the traditionally slow weekend. 

And we might be getting another update in the Texas morning, the stretch goal is really, really close.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, klarg1 said:

I am very much hoping the ballista isn't gigantic. I'd like to see it scaled to a reasonable size for a crew of two to operate.

If that happens, I will need several for sure. Sadly, the pricing makes me fear that it will be significantly larger than I'm hoping.

I'm actually hoping for a "capital" sized manuballista - the big ones that need a loading crew of two just to load the bolts in place. I've got a number of smaller ballistas, from RAFM and Wizkids and similar, for setting up as hallway denial and the like, - I could use a couple of big dragon-killers, the kind of things that get mounted... ohhh, say, on the deck of a old-timey pirate ship as main weapons when the campaign world doesn't have guns? 

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Ok, 45 pages is too much to "skim" through on a Monday morning......:blink:

Has there been any mention of Chronoscope yet?
I'm sure the Greek and Underwater sets will be awesome, but neither is anything I want currently....

I like the looks of the new big stompy dragon.

4 minutes ago, Pineapple said:

I don't think there have been any official teases from the chronoscope expansion yet.

Just hints, rumor, innuendo, and talk of a 1930's car. But it isn't clear if that's part of a chronoscope expansion or some sort of "encounters" type set like the bridge.

Also, if the car doesn't fit on the bridge, we riot!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 8
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, redambrosia said:

I’m sure that would be terrifying to see, but it really just sounds ridonkulous and laughable in print. 

I guess someone will just have to sculpt one so we can be properly intimidated by it :devil:

:blink:  I'm not even sure where one would start.  this would have to interpreted by a talented concept artist first.  I have a good imagination, but not that good.

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

Did we get confirmation with what we'll be doing with our extra two Cat Lords? There are the 5 in the core set and then there is one with the scimitar and another with a Pimp Hat and Sabre.

IMG_20190829_111058.thumb.jpg.d6a0dfb3585f4a4239382013d14927b7.jpg

Posted originally Here, by @Sirithiliel

Looks like we 'lost' the two with the wood flooring, but picked up a Cat-caster type. I poked around but all I found out was that we were shown the Scimitar one by accident.

Clearly by the bases they are standing on some type of wood flooring, which means decking, which means CAT PIRATE SHIP!

Edited by COGobs
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, redambrosia said:
17 hours ago, Sanael said:

I'm looking forward to the Greek stuff, no doubt. And although a hekatoncheries would be cool, I'd really love to see someone make a really terrifying creature: the she-dragon, Campe. A snake-haired scorpion-for-a-head, winged giant woman with many-headed snakes for legs, a chest adorned with the baying heads of fifty beasts, and the armor of sea monsters. Her eyes were fire, the snakes of her feet spat venom and her wings could create typhoons.

I mean, that sounds terrifying, right? Lovecraft got nuthin' on the titanomachy.

I’m sure that would be terrifying to see, but it really just sounds ridonkulous and laughable in print. 

I'm pretty sure somebody got a pre-release version of Kingdom Death.

• Haha 11

On the large size, I'd love to see them do a Demo-dragon; demo-dragon got an update in terms of art on the cover of either Dragon or Dungeon magazine before they went out of publication. Combo that with some of the not-classic heroes from the DND cartoon, Venger and not-Dungeon Master and it would cause much pledge bumping.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, COGobs said:

Did we get confirmation with what we'll be doing with our extra two Cat Lords? There are the 5 in the core set and then there is one with the scimitar and another with a Pimp Hat and Sabre.

IMG_20190829_111058.thumb.jpg.d6a0dfb3585f4a4239382013d14927b7.jpg

Posted originally Here, by @Sirithiliel

Looks like we 'lost' the two with the wood flooring, but picked up a Cat-caster type. I poked around but all I found out was that we were shown the Scimitar one by accident.

Clearly by the bases they are standing on some type of wood flooring, which means decking, which means CAT PIRATE SHIP!

Hahaha, I haven't been into the ship idea until this suggestion. If it's a catfolk ship, I'm all over it!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Joshinminn said:

Hahaha, I haven't been into the ship idea until this suggestion. If it's a catfolk ship, I'm all over it!

If there is a ship, there seems to be three different pirate crews - skeletons, otterfolk, and catfolk. So, I'd wager it'd be more multipurpose than just for those of the feline persuasion.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2