Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

ladystorm

24 minutes ago, LittleBluberry said:

I have to admit, as much as I wanted to love the Daimyo expansion, the complete lack of living, human samurai really leaves me perplexed.  The Asian dragon is cool and I love the terrain bits, but that's not enough to justify the entire expansion.  I guess it's aimed at people who already have a bunch of samurai, which seems odd given that most expansions try to cover all the standard options.  

Right? It feels... - I think I used this expression a while back on this forum - like a bit of everything and a bunch of nothing. 

What are we gonna do with this expansion? There's not nearly enough Samurai human/troop to build anything; there's not even a single Daimyo (feudal lord). Some monsters - not even relevant ones on japanese folklore except the oni and the dragon -, some goblinoids... If at least it was a cohesive two sides expansion, with living vs undead or something like that... 

And it doesn't work as an oriental D&D setting either, because there isn't anything similar to a adventurers group: there's no Ronin, no Ninja, no Monk, no Onmyoji.... 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

*snaps fingers* The elephant thing in the Yokai option is a baku! That's been tickling my brain since it first showed up.

2 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

A sign saying Goblins Ride Free would mean unlimited ammo! ::P:

The goblins that survive the first time would come running back to DO IT AGAIN!

Would you like a job managing Buglips clones? I would appreciate the assistance and I think you would be a good fit for the position. ::D:

• Haha 11

4 minutes ago, NyarlaBcn said:

Right? It feels... - I think I used this expression a while back on this forum - like a bit of everything and a bunch of nothing. 

What are we gonna do with this expansion? There's not nearly enough Samurai human/troop to build anything; there's not even a single Daimyo (feudal lord). Some monsters - not even relevant ones on japanese folklore except the oni and the dragon -, some goblinoids... If at least it was a cohesive two sides expansion, with living vs undead or something like that... 

And it doesn't work as an oriental D&D setting either, because there isn't anything similar to a adventurers group: there's no Ronin, no Ninja, no Monk, no Onmyoji.... 

Actually, depending on how you paint them, some would not be too far from samurai wearing facemasks. I would have to see some better rensers to be sure, though.

Image result for samurai mask historic

• Like 8

Just now, ironregime said:

...along with living, human Asian-themed peasants, nobles, spearmen/guards, geisha...

YES! THIS! Please, Reaper, please. I promise to buy it if available. Pinky swear, cross my heart and hope to die!

And just as another note, the spirit samurai DOES have SIX swords, not five in the render.

image.png.1a1f349b82f515acffc0cad95cc0ff9a.png

• Like 9

10 hours ago, redambrosia said:

I’m sure that would be terrifying to see, but it really just sounds ridonkulous and laughable in print. 

I guess someone will just have to sculpt one so we can be properly intimidated by it :devil:

Paging @Glitterwolf!

Just thought I checked the thread while I'm on vacation. Cool!!!

I'll be back later this week. Lets see what happened by then.

• Like 8

Number Based on 1100-1200 Reaper time today:
Current Total Pledges: $1,568,930
Current Total Backers: 12,857
Total to Next Goal: $1,600,000
To go to Next Goal $31,070
Hours to next goal based on gains this hour: 16.3
Hours to next goal based on 24h Avg: 17.1

Gain in last Hour: $1,909
New Backers This Hour: 10
Total Gain Today: $20,165
Total Gain 24 Hours: $43,577
Average Hourly Pledges Today: $1,680
Average Hourly Pledges 24 Hours: $1,816
Current Average Pledge: $122.03
Average Hourly Backers Today: 8.5
Average Hourly Backers 24 Hours: 9.9
Previous Hour Total Pledges: $1,567,021
Previous Hour Total Backers: 12,847
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Number Based on 1100-1200 Reaper time today:
Current Total Pledges: $1,568,930
Current Total Backers: 12,857
Total to Next Goal: $1,600,000
To go to Next Goal $31,070
Hours to next goal based on gains this hour: 16.3
Hours to next goal based on 24h Avg: 17.1

Gain in last Hour: $1,909
New Backers This Hour: 10
Total Gain Today: $20,165
Total Gain 24 Hours: $43,577
Average Hourly Pledges Today: $1,680
Average Hourly Pledges 24 Hours: $1,816
Current Average Pledge: $122.03
Average Hourly Backers Today: 8.5
Average Hourly Backers 24 Hours: 9.9
Previous Hour Total Pledges: $1,567,021
Previous Hour Total Backers: 12,847

Oh, it slowed down :( 

Last time I saw this chart posted it was 9h to next goal. 

• Like 3

Rather than wishing for this or that figure, what I'd REALLY wish is that Reaper's kickstarter was organized in such a way that all the roleplayers could still get the usual wide variety of stuff,  but us army-builders could buy "Wargamer Bundles" that simply included multiples of selected figures from the other sets, without all the kooky monsters and such. 

Examples:

SHOGUNATE BUNDLE: 12 Japanese spearmen (6 each in 2 poses), 2 ashigaru gunners, 3 assorted ronin, 2 samurai on foot, 2 mounted samurai, 1 daimyo, 1 ninja, 6 unarmed peasants (pack bearer, scribe, priest/monk, farmer, geisha, and fisherman), bamboo bridge with lanterns

CASTLE SEIGE BUNDLE: 12 assorted siege operators, 1 ballista, 1 catapult, 1 trebuchet, 4 pack horses, supply wagon, barrel of ballista bolts,  pile of catapult stones,  1 commander, 1 spy

CASTLE DEFENDERS BUNDLE: 12 archers (6 each in 2 poses), 12 soldiers (6 each in 2 poses), 3 mounted knights, 1 lord, 6 unarmed servants (stablehand, scullery maid, lady in waiting, cook, chaplain, and herald), gatehouse with drawbridge, 2 castle walls (with removable section that you flip over to become rubble pile)

PHALANX BUNDLE: 12 Greek hoplites (6 each in 2 poses), 6 skirmishers with missile weapons, 3 companion cavalry, 3 heroes/leaders, 1 king, 4 unarmed citizens (orator, oracle, philosopher, and priestess), Greek temple with statues

Edited by ironregime
  • Like 7

3 minutes ago, ironregime said:

Rather than wishing for this or that figure, what I'd REALLY wish is that Reaper's kickstarter was organized in such a way that all the roleplayers could still get the usual wide variety of stuff,  but us army-builders could buy "Wargamer Bundles" that simply included multiples of selected figures from the other sets. 

Examples:

SHOGUNATE BUNDLE: 12 Japanese spearmen (6 each in 2 poses), 2 ashigaru gunners, 3 assorted ronin, 2 samurai on foot, 2 mounted samurai, 1 daimyo, 1 ninja, 1 geisha, 6 unarmed peasants, bamboo bridge with lanterns

CASTLE SEIGE BUNDLE: 12 assorted siege operators, 1 ballista, 1 catapult, 1 trebuchet, 4 pack horses, supply wagon, barrel of ballista bolts,  pile of catapult stones,  1 commander

CASTLE DEFENDERS BUNDLE: 12 archers (6 each in 2 poses), 12 soldiers (6 each in 2 poses), 3 mounted knights, 1 lord, 6 unarmed servants, gatehouse with drawbridge, 2 castle walls (with removable section that you flip over to become rubble pile)

PHALANX BUNDLE: 12 Greek hoplites (6 each in 2 poses), 6 skirmishers with missile weapons, 3 companion cavalry, 3 heroes/leaders, 1 king, 4 unarmed citizens (orator, oracle, philosopher, and priestess), Greek temple with statues

Closest to that is the core "mook mobs". Admittedly, those REALLY expanded both my Lizardman and Undead troops in the earlier Kickstarters. Would love to see Reaper's take on some faction/race specific artillery/heavies. Goblin Doom Divers, Orc war chariot, the Skullchucker re-released in Bonesium, High elf  Bolt thrower, Dwarven flamethrower and "Bazuka", etc. Admittedly, you can SOMETIMES find the originals on Ebay, but it would be nice to see Reaper's take on them.

• Like 2