Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

1 minute ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Still won't stop a lot of us asking for such.  If there's enough demand, who knows, it could be possible.  Would be an absolute godsend too, because I'd be a lot more willing to pour even more money in, especially during pledge manager phase. 

Yup. But I wouldn't expect them to do it; if only because it makes things even more complicated for packing purposes. 

Not saying don't stop asking for it, just, y'know, don't hold your breath. ^^;

• Like 4
  • Replies 14.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, haldir said:

Allot happier with this cyclops vs the one that was in B4. He is a proper HUGE size critter for 5e. Too bad he'll come out long after I've ran an adventure that has a cyclops in it. lol

and in Sanjay standards, he's large :P :P  :P

regards,

Sanjay

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

Kid adventurers are cool, but I can't help but think morbidly:

Us DMs have to willingly be mean TO CHILDREN. With swords and monsters and stuff! Whoops kiddo, you nat 1'd, your axe went astray and you chopped off your foot!

I mean, I totally did put my players through some nasty abuse with bad guys, but they're adult peoples and characters. And I kinda avoid that sort of meanness to the dog cleric sortof, BECAUSE HE'S A DOG. I can't flay a dog! Its a dog for goodness sake!

RPG ruleset out there made just for kid players.

This is one of them:

247700-thumb140.png

• Like 5
32 minutes ago, CAVBOSS said:

I "believe" the turn table is 10" across.

Is that because you have the same model turntable?

9 minutes ago, BrokenWolf668 said:

I just can't do cute. They're beautiful, but I don't think my painting style would work for them. 

While we're at it, anyone know what's up with #197 in the core set? it's in line with the rest of the golems, but it looks like a flat, 2d version of a knight?

There was a movie or anime or something where a stained glass window sprang to life (?) I never saw it, but they've made reference to it.

That one will be translucent plastic so the painter can ink the frames in their choice of colors.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, StarFyre said:

and in Sanjay standards, he's large :P :P  :P

regards,

Sanjay

Whatever size he is, he's a vast improvement over "Shrimpy" from B4. That one is really not even a large creature, more of a med-rge size figure. As I needed a cyclops, it was a huge disappointment for me. & I had to get the recent D&D prepaint for the encounter. (not the most exciting mini either but it's actually huge)

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

Kid adventurers are cool, but I can't help but think morbidly:

Us DMs have to willingly be mean TO CHILDREN. With swords and monsters and stuff! Whoops kiddo, you nat 1'd, your axe went astray and you chopped off your foot!

I mean, I totally did put my players through some nasty abuse with bad guys, but they're adult peoples and characters. And I kinda avoid that sort of meanness to the dog cleric sortof, BECAUSE HE'S A DOG. I can't flay a dog! Its a dog for goodness sake!

Being mean to kids is easy!

Kid hits 0 HP.... and they wake up out of Dreamland and must wait until the next night to rejoin their friends. Make anyone who does this complete a page of multiplication problems, copy a page our of a book, and read a Wikipedia science page. When “school” is done, then they can go back to sleep. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 14
4 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

Being mean to kids is easy!

Kid hits 0 HP.... and they wake up out of Dreamland and must wait until the next night to rejoin their friends. Make anyone who does this complete a page of multiplication problems, copy a page our of a book, and read a Wikipedia science page. When “school” is done, then they can go back to sleep. 

Write a two-page essay on "What I did on my summer vacation". But then I've always been kind of a killer GM.

• Like 1
  • Haha 11
17 minutes ago, Skallabjorn said:

Stained glass golem

>face palm<

Of course.

22 minutes ago, StarFyre said:

i agree. they arent for me either. although, my special super rare kit arrived today... and its big.  i could use the kids as 'scenery' on the base :P (ie. cut up in pieces as monster food) :P :P :P

Sanjay

Ok, so..

1.I like where your head's at.

2. Can you share what the super rare kit is?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

Earlier today, I heard "two more" but I have no idea how accurate or official that is. Seems low.

Well, they had that huge jump in the beginning and did not expect to blow past all these goals already.  I'm pretty sure they said they are considering adding more.

• Like 3

Number Based on 1600-1700 Reaper time today:
Current Total Pledges: $1,597,604
Current Total Backers: 13,025
Total to Next Goal: $1,600,000
To go to Next Goal $2,396
Hours to next goal based on gains this hour: 0.4
Hours to next goal based on 24h Avg: 0.9

Gain in last Hour: $5,977
New Backers This Hour: 40
Total Gain Today: $48,839
Total Gain 24 Hours: $61,783