Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

ladystorm

7 minutes ago, Chris Palmer said:

I’m not sure why they didn’t get that up yesterday. Maybe they ran out of time. Or perhaps they’re waiting for today’s unlock to update everything. 
    At least they’re getting lots

of pictures out to us via the emailed updates. 

That's true. It's just I wonder how many pledgers hadn't seen the mails; or have them sent to spam inadvertently. Not to count people who are following the KS without having pledged yet. 

Edited by NyarlaBcn
  • Like 1

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, StarFyre said:

Just fyi, there are 2 Frost and 2 fire Giants in the official gf9 line.  1 hill and 1 storm :)

I normally use 1 or 2 minis and counters for the rest since I rarely paint duplicate types of models. Demons and dragons are the exceptions, or stuff like skeletons nthat I don't care about and just rush them.

I didn't realize ppl try to get enough of models for d&d to not use counters until bones.  And the prepainted stuff.  All dms I know do it via countered and fewer Painted ones

sanjay

Ok, I was looking more at the wizkids line, as it is a more direct competitor on the affordable plastic market.

GF9 is great, but also quite a bit more expensive. 

I've been working with paper stand ins, proxys or bare bases in the past. Works well enough, but I prefer the look of having the whole encounter build with the right miniatures. I will sometimes be inspired to create or alter encounters by the miniatures I have (aw, throw in 3 wolves with those orcs, I have them in a drawer somewhere). But that's a style of playing that's only really possible with those affordable plastic miniatures, and to specify, only really with Bones since they often come in different poses and weapon options within one race. I don't really want to buy 4 packs of with 2 identical orcs each to build an orc force, this doesn't motivate me at all.

• Like 4

Number Based on 0500-0600 Reaper time today:
Current Total Pledges: $1,636,690
Current Total Backers: 13,262
Next Goal At $1,655,000
To go to Next Goal $18,310
Hours to next goal based on gains this hour: 10.9
Hours to next goal based on 24h Avg: 5.4

Gain in last Hour: $1,675
New Backers This Hour: 14
Total Gain Today: $9,795,045
Total Gain 24 Hours: $83,688
Average Hourly Pledges Today: $1,673
Average Hourly Pledges 24 Hours: $3,405
Current Average Pledge: $123.41
Average Hourly Backers Today: 13.2
Average Hourly Backers 24 Hours: 19.5
Previous Hour Total Pledges: $1,635,015
Previous Hour Total Backers: 13,248

Bit more of a slowdown than I was expecting overnight. Still probably will unlock the goal before lunch time. 

• Like 5

Number Based on 0600-0700 Reaper time today:
Current Total Pledges: $1,638,760
Current Total Backers: 13,271
Next Goal At $1,655,000
To go to Next Goal $16,240
Hours to next goal based on gains this hour: 7.8
Hours to next goal based on 24h Avg: 4.7

Gain in last Hour: $2,070
New Backers This Hour: 9
Total Gain Today: $12,105
Total Gain 24 Hours: $84,734
Average Hourly Pledges Today: $1,729
Average Hourly Pledges 24 Hours: $3,462
Current Average Pledge: $123.48
Average Hourly Backers Today: 12.6
Average Hourly Backers 24 Hours: 19.5
Previous Hour Total Pledges: $1,636,690
Previous Hour Total Backers:

That's better... 

13 minutes ago, Pineapple said:

Might want to double check the total gain today. ;)

Hua... I have no idea how I screwed that up... Thanks! 

Edited by Crowley
  • Like 7

15 hours ago, Sirithiliel said:

shadow dragon

b68201ff467a74d0c8140ec649e3b0cf.png

d70c38af0c6bf9b29577537c808468ab.png

I love this dragon.  I have been waiting for someone to do a dragon in a pose with the wings furled.  Most dragon sculpts have the wings fully or partially extended.  This one is fantastic and on my MUST list.

6 hours ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

Ouch, Bones 5 is killing it! I wonder what is driving the trend? Better Bones? The intro of Bones Black? Better word of mouth? or a combination of a lot of factors?

Don't underestimate Reapers entry into new social media outlets int he last couple of years.  They have expanded their Facebook presence greatly, added a YouTube channel, and now live Twitch videos that are later available on YouTube.  Old guys like me may not be impressed, but people my kid's age are watching.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

Don't underestimate Reapers entry into new social media outlets int he last couple of years.  They have expanded their Facebook presence greatly, added a YouTube channel, and now live Twitch videos that are later available on YouTube.  Old guys like me may not be impressed, but people my kid's age are watching.

It has really been impressive seeing how Reaper's Facebook page has just exploded with membership in the past couple years.  And actually, it's amazing how the miniatures hobby in general has blossomed on Facebook.  Reaper's Forum is one of the last miniatures forums I actually follow anymore, as I get most of my hobby news, information, and discussion on Facebook these days.

$15,000 to goal now!

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 3

I love that shadow dragon figure. 

I remembered that there were 2 dragons with those black dragon horns, but this one is even better than the previous one.

I am trying to keep my purchasing to a reasonable 4.5 huge dragons from this kickstarter. 

was hoping for a workday start but , I guess its a noon unlock. 

• Like 4

I'm not sure I'm going to be able to resist any of the dragons this time around... 

This is gonna be an expensive kickstarter. I'm probably gonna end up around $500+ when all is said and done. 

1 minute ago, Pineapple said:

That shadow dragon is the one in DD right?

Nope. Different dragon. 

Edited by Crowley
  • Like 6

I like that there are this many dragons. I only backed KS 4, and that one was notoriously low on dragons.

They all seem to be on the more managable side sizewise as well. The bigger ones seem to go on 3 inch bases (adult dragon in D&D 5e) so they're scary boss monsters, but not world ending cataclysmic encounters. The two in the core set and the one in DD seem to be even smaller, making them perfect for lower level adventures that still want to feature a dragon.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, TGP said:

What was incorrect about it?

I was trying to say exactly what everyone “correcting” me was saying. I just picked different words. 

Kroas did not state whether he had ever pledged any money or not.

I don’t get it. 

I think it’s because you suggested pledging $14, and then gave an example of purchasing a $14 item in PM, vs paying a 20% up charge for it.  It sounded like you meant that they had to pledge the total amount for the items they want to buy or they would have pay an up charge.

I knew what you meant, but it was probably good to clear it up for anyone that isn’t familiar with how the Bones PMs worked in the past.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Nice big jump in backers this hour! 

Number Based on 0700-0800 Reaper time today:
Current Total Pledges: $1,641,773
Current Total Backers: 13,296
Next Goal At $1,655,000
To go to Next Goal $13,227
Hours to next goal based on gains this hour: 4.4
Hours to next goal based on 24h Avg: 3.8

Gain in last Hour: $3,013
New Backers This Hour: 25
Total Gain Today: $15,118
Total Gain 24 Hours: $86,103
Average Hourly Pledges Today: $1,890
Average Hourly Pledges 24 Hours: $3,519
Current Average Pledge: $123.48
Average Hourly Backers Today: 14.1
Average Hourly Backers 24 Hours: 20.2
Previous Hour Total Pledges: $1,638,760
Previous Hour Total Backers: 13,271
  • Like 6

51 minutes ago, Chris Palmer said:

It has really been impressive seeing how Reaper's Facebook page has just exploded with membership in the past couple years.  And actually, it's amazing how the miniatures hobby in general has blossomed on Facebook.  Reaper's Forum is one of the last miniatures forums I actually follow anymore, as I get most of my hobby news, information, and discussion on Facebook these days.

$15,000 to goal now!

This really comes as a surprise. Here I was, convinced Facebook was dead. Maybe it is, just not for the demographics of Reaper? 

• Like 3