Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

ladystorm

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Piata said:

Anyone else notice they are no longer updating the core package? The last 5 or so updates have been add-ons and expansions. I know adding to the core doesn't encourage people to increase their pledges but it would be nice to see a little more.

The add-one drive pledge increases (as you say), which helps prevent the mid-campaign slump (re: "mid-campaign" being any day other than first or last).

I don't know for sure, but I'd be willing to bet the SGs that took days to reach in prior campaigns were mostly additions to the core set. Keeping the expansions, encounters and other add-ons coming is a good way to stave off the doldrums.

"Stave it off, 1 2 3"

Though to be clear, I'm also eagerly awaiting the next additions to core!

Edited by Sanael
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

Well, that was unexpected, but I really like it. I don't have much in the way of monstrous spiders beyond the 4 mediums that came in Bones 2 or 3, so I'm fine with getting more. Very nice little add-on there, and more halfling adventurers are never a bad thing.

Halfling in PLATE armor!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, ksbsnowowl said:

image.thumb.png.45497a6af2338af78c95c9ed250e9838.png

A good option because you can break it down into many other things. You have the intrepid halfling hero for characters, the piano-playing spiders, the husks for what's REALLY in Peter Parker's basement, and the ruined shrine can be used in any number of adventures.

• Like 7
  • Haha 5

5 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

As soon as we get an image for this trollish nest (the missing 244) I might consider the Troll Bridge. But I have enough spiders in my mini box, in my life, in my head... :zombie:

In your HE-EAD, in your HE-EE-EH-EAD, arachnids, arachnids, arach-NIDS, NIDS, NIDS!

*With apologies to Dolores O'Riordan, and the forums in general.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Just now, Sirithiliel said:
1 minute ago, Sylverthorne said:

Who.. uh.. who sculpted this? Because they're a mad, evil genius, whoever they are.

(for why.. don't go looking up Oglaf and the Sheela na Gig strip...)

julie guthrie, it was at her station at ReaperCon

... genius. 

Now I kind of need that expansion. 

Granite comes in pink, right? >.>

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Piata said:

Anyone else notice they are no longer updating the core package? The last 5 or so updates have been add-ons and expansions. I know adding to the core doesn't encourage people to increase their pledges but it would be nice to see a little more.

There is also a cost-value analysis that they run that plays into it.  As the backer total rises, they need to be very careful about adding to the core set, as it could quickly bankrupt the KS if they just keep adding figures to the Core.  They need to pull more money into the KS with expansions and add-ons at an increasing rate to offset the costs of core additions.

7 minutes ago, Sylverthorne said:

Who.. uh.. who sculpted this? Because they're a mad, evil genius, whoever they are.

(for why.. don't go looking up Oglaf and the Sheela na Gig strip...)

7 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

Actually, It was Bob Riddolfi; they share a station.  Julie might have done a figure or two, but most of it was Bob, IIRC from our conversation. Poor Bob, he always gets forgotten.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 6

6 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

Julie getting her O'Keeffe on is brilliant. 

(Or Bob - whomever. I love it. It's brilliant.)

::D:

Edited by izzylobo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

Actually, It was Bob Riddolfi; they share a station.  Julie might have done a figure or two, but most of it was Bob, IIRC from our conversation. Poor Bob, he always gets forgotten.

ah, well it was in front of her spot where she was sitting, not in front of his, so i naturally thought it was hers

they share a station but they do have two seats, and i thought his work was in front of him

• Like 2