Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

ladystorm

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, Chris Palmer said:

Pledge Manager just announced in the new update!

Somewhat different from before...

https://pm.reapermini.com

Yes, and I don't fully understand on the instructions - sorry, not a native english speaker - nor I remember exactly how did I do it on previous Bones Ks... 

This pledge manager is something like a test right now, isn't it? because I don't see a way to link it to the pledge amount I already pledged on KS. 

And, now we talk about it... could you remember how does it work? Once the KS finishes it will automatically charge me the amount pledged, and I will be able to increase the pledge later with the pledge manager? Or it won't charge anyhting to my card till I use the pledge manager and confirm it? 

Guess it's really obvious but I'm not that used to this yet... 

Edited by NyarlaBcn
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, emmagine said:

There is a bones 5 figure WIP in this photo.    But we are on the wrong side of the screen!   Seriously though, this has pretty much been our view of my wife  @Rainbow Sculptor for the past 2 months as she excitedly tackles her bones 5 assignments.  Gotta say though.... The one she's working on here is SO COOL!

received_699835510523264.jpeg

Your wife appears to be both talented and lovely. You're a lucky man.

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, NyarlaBcn said:

Yes, and I don't fully understand on the instructions - sorry, not a native english speaker - nor I remember exactly how did I do it on previous Bones Ks... 

This pledge manager is something like a test right now, isn't it? because I don't see a way to link it to the pledge amount I already pledged on KS. 

And, now we talk about it... could you remember how does it work? Once the KS finishes it will automatically charge me the amount pledged, and I will be able to increase the pledge later with the pledge manager? Or it won't charge anyhting to my card till I use the pledge manager and confirm it? 

Reaper won't get any information about your pledge until after the Kickstarter is done.  For right now, the PM is just a convenient way to keep track of what you might want and how much that adds up to.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, NyarlaBcn said:

I really struggled with it the first time too.   While I am not a reaper rep, I can tell you what has consistently gotten me my kickstarter models :)

step 1: pledge some money to the kickstarter.  Don't pledge more  than you want to spend, but if you are short, that's okay for now.
Step 2: enjoy the kickstarter as it goes.   Get excited about new stuff, increase your pledge as appropriate.  But how much?   For now, reaper provides a calculator to figure out how much you need to pledge to get all the stuff you want.  You use the pledge manager.   You select all the things you want to get, read the total it gives you, and pledge that much to kickstarter.

Step 3:  the kickstarter will eventually end.  When it does, they will collect all the funds you pledged.

Step 4: after a few weeks, reaper will CHANGE  what the pledge manager does.  (they should really change the name at this point)  After they change it,  the pledge manager will be how you tell reaper what you want to do with the money you pledged to kickstarter.  You "lock in" your pledge in the new changed pledge manager by selecting all your rewards, and locking it in.  Once that is done, you can't "unpledge".  Remember, the pledge manager won't do this until AFTER the kickstarter, and AFTER they change the pledge manager.
Step 5:  The pledge manager will stay "open" for about a year (historically). You can continue to order more rewards, and pay for them with credit card, or pay pal through the pledge manager.

Step 6:  Receive your bones minis!  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

7 minutes ago, lowlylowlycook said:
13 minutes ago, NyarlaBcn said:

Reaper won't get any information about your pledge until after the Kickstarter is done.  For right now, the PM is just a convenient way to keep track of what you might want and how much that adds up to.

Yes, once the Kickstarter ends,  it will take a few days for Kickstarter to tabulate the pledges and deliver a list of everyone and thier pledges to Reaper.  Reaper will then load these pledge amounts into the Pledge Manager and you will then "spend" your pledge kind of like you were shopping in store.  IF you pick out more things than you pledge covers, the Pledge Manager will charge you the diffrerence, and you will pay the difference in the Pledge Manager. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, emmagine said:

I really struggled with it the first time too.   While I am not a reaper rep, I can tell you what has consistently gotten me my kickstarter models :)

step 1: pledge some money to the kickstarter.  Don't pledge more  than you want to spend, but if you are short, that's okay for now.
Step 2: enjoy the kickstarter as it goes.   Get excited about new stuff, increase your pledge as appropriate.  But how much?   For now, reaper provides a calculator to figure out how much you need to pledge to get all the stuff you want.  You use the pledge manager.   You select all the things you want to get, read the total it gives you, and pledge that much to kickstarter.

Step 3:  the kickstarter will eventually end.  When it does, they will collect all the funds you pledged.

Step 4: after a few weeks, reaper will CHANGE  what the pledge manager does.  (they should really change the name at this point)  After they change it,  the pledge manager will be how you tell reaper what you want to do with the money you pledged to kickstarter.  You "lock in" your pledge in the new changed pledge manager by selecting all your rewards, and locking it in.  Once that is done, you can't "unpledge".  Remember, the pledge manager won't do this until AFTER the kickstarter, and AFTER they change the pledge manager.
Step 5:  The pledge manager will stay "open" for about a year (historically). You can continue to order more rewards, and pay for them with credit card, or pay pal through the pledge manager.

Step 6:  Receive your bones minis!  

2 minutes ago, Chris Palmer said:

Yes, once the Kickstarter ends,  it will take a few days for Kickstarter to tabulate the pledges and deliver a list of everyone and thier pledges to Reaper.  Reaper will then load these pledge amounts into the Pledge Manager and you will then "spend" your pledge kind of like you were shopping in store.  IF you pick out more things than you pledge covers, the Pledge Manager will charge you the diffrerence, and you will pay the difference in the Pledge Manager. 

Cool! 

So if, let's say, I pledge 200$ now, I can increase or decrease it till the KS finishes; then, on november 2nd (I think it was) whatever my pledge is will be charged on my credit card; but that won't be the end of it, because then the pledge manager will become aviable, and I'll be able to increase my pledge by adding (and paying) more stuff & (I guess) shippment costs. Any way, a charge will be made to the credit card for whatever the pledge is when KS finishes (I stress out that part because I'm using as always a card that I only use for online operations and I will need to transfer the money there beforehand) 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, NyarlaBcn said:

Cool! 

So if, let's say, I pledge 200$ now, I can increase or decrease it till the KS finishes; then, on november 2nd (I think it was) whatever my pledge is will be charged on my credit card; but that won't be the end of it, because then the pledge manager will become aviable, and I'll be able to increase my pledge by adding (and paying) more stuff & (I guess) shippment costs. Any way, a charge will be made to the credit card for whatever the pledge is when KS finishes (I stress out that part because I'm using as always a card that I only use for online operations and I will need to transfer the money there beforehand) 

That is correct.   as soon as the kickstarter is over, you will be charged the total amount you pledged.  You can increase (or decrease) your pledge at any time before the project funds.

You CAN add MORE money after the kickstarter is complete, just like you said.   There is a downside to this.  Purchases after the kickstarter funds will not help unlock additional stretch goals.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NyarlaBcn said:

Cool! 

Correct!

Now, last time, the catch was that shipping costs were recalculated each time you added. So... let's say in December, a box between A and B pounds is $X to ship. In January there's a rate hike. Last time, if you didn't increase your pledge after January, then they didn't increase your shipping. But add 1 mini to it in March, and you get hit with the new higher shipping rate. Which Reaper has to pay WHETHER OR NOT you increase your pledge. So I can't blame them at all.

But between that and unlocking stretch goals, it encourages people to pay as much up front as they can.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, emmagine said:

That is correct.   as soon as the kickstarter is over, you will be charged the total amount you pledged.  You can increase (or decrease) your pledge at any time before the project funds.

You CAN add MORE money after the kickstarter is complete, just like you said.   There is a downside to this.  Purchases after the kickstarter funds will not help unlock additional stretch goals.

Haha yep, right now I'm going all in. 

Pledge manager will be, I think, just to add extra stuff for friends and family. Thank you all!

Edited by NyarlaBcn
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, Argentee said:

Correct!

Now, last time, the catch was that shipping costs were recalculated each time you added. So... let's say in December, a box between A and B pounds is $X to ship. In January there's a rate hike. Last time, if you didn't increase your pledge after January, then they didn't increase your shipping. But add 1 mini to it in March, and you get hit with the new higher shipping rate. Which Reaper has to pay WHETHER OR NOT you increase your pledge. So I can't blame them at all.

But between that and unlocking stretch goals, it encourages people to pay as much up front as they can.

Notably, Reaper also has a history of keeping their pledge manager open for quite a long time, maximizing your opportunities to spend more money.

For your convenience, of course. :devil:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

Number Based on 1600-1700 Reaper time today:
Current Total Pledges: $1,681,717
Current Total Backers: 13,453
Next Goal At $1,695,000
To go to Next Goal $13,283
Hours to next goal based on gains this hour: 1.2
Hours to next goal based on 24h Avg: 3.8

Gain in last Hour: $10,904
New Backers This Hour: 14
Total Gain Today: $53,194
Total Gain 24 Hours: $90,090
Average Hourly Pledges Today: $3,129
Average Hourly Pledges 24 Hours: $3,505
Current Average Pledge: $125.01
Average Hourly Backers Today: 14.7
Average Hourly Backers 24 Hours: 17.8
Previous Hour Total Pledges: $1,670,813
Previous Hour Total Backers: 13,439

I guess people are really excited about spiders... 

Edited by Crowley
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 4

Les than $14,000 to go to the goal.  So I guess we'll get the Giant in the middle of the night, or early morning TX time?  

EDIT:  Based on Crowley's post above, which was posted a second before this one, maybe even the Giant early tonight?  I hadn't realized the pledging has picked up so much!

So the Spiders should be a shoe-in for tomorrow?

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 6