Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

ladystorm

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy smokes!  I just peeked into the KS comments, and there are some very unhappy people spending a lot of time in there.

I don’t understand why anyone that is so unhappy with a product would waste so much time and energy on it.  Life is too short - they should go find something that brings them joy and spend their time on that.

I guess that’s just what trolls do though.  It really makes me sad to think it must be like inside their heads.

6 minutes ago, Darsc Zacal said:

Just something that was mentioned on today’s Bones 5 Twitch show.

At some point a special edition Sophie dice set will be added to the core, as a tie in to the comics, where Sophie has her lucky dice stolen and tries to get them back.

That sounds awesome!  Makes sense now that they’re making dice I guess.

Edited by rubegon
  • Like 15

22 minutes ago, Darsc Zacal said:

Just something that was mentioned on today’s Bones 5 Twitch show.

At some point a special edition Sophie dice set will be added to the core, as a tie in to the comics, where Sophie has her lucky dice stolen and tries to get them back.

Nice,hopefully included in their own little segment when the core set is broken up so I can get some too

• Like 10

I don’t like gaming underwater encounters, so it’s very doubtful I’ll be backing this latest expansion, but I might be picking up ones I find interesting to paint up later on when they hit retail.

Unless of course there ends up being enough interesting stuff in the set that it would cost be well over the expansion price to buy at retail.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Darsc Zacal said:

Unless of course there ends up being enough interesting stuff in the set that it would cost be well over the expansion price to buy at retail.

That's pretty much where I am with the Daimyo expansion. I'll probably add it in the Pledge Manager 8 months from now, but only after I get everything else I want. 

I wasn't overly excited for the Dark Depths expansion. When they previewed all that stuff on Reaper Live a month ago, the only thing that really interested me was the Sahaugin. But now with the two Merrow, the giant croc-fish, and a couple Sahaugin sculpts... I'm keeping my eye on it. Might end up being worth it in the long run. 

Edited by ksbsnowowl
  • Like 5

14 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

Luckily, or maybe unluckily, for me I love painting water stuff and I am only getting stuff from this KS I want to paint 

Don’t get me wrong. I like some of the underwater minis, it’s just that I can’t get everything and since it’s unlikely I’d use them in game they drop down on the priority list.

I have the Dragon Turtle from the last kickstarter and the Kraken from a couple back mostly because I think they’ll be interesting to paint and are somewhat unique.

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, Darsc Zacal said:

I don’t like gaming underwater encounters, so it’s very doubtful I’ll be backing this latest expansion, but I might be picking up ones I find interesting to paint up later on when they hit retail.

What is it you don’t like about underwater encounters?

I ran my only underwater game so far in an AL session (Underworld Speculation), and it was a lot of fun in ways I hadn’t anticipated.  Thinking in 3D made things a bit trickier, and the change of scene from a typical cave/dungeon scene was refreshing.  The players were a bit out of their comfort zone and it made for a really tense, exciting session.  A flail snail KO’ed 3 of the 6 players in one encounter.

That got me excited about Saltmarsh.  I’ve read most of it and now I’m looking forward to running it in sandboxey-type campaign.  Need a bunch of sahooligans for that one!

• Like 6

I like the underwater stuff. We have some flightstands for 3D combat and that has worked great so far, unless someone really overcomitted and used all their movement to go upwards. That player has to stand there in shame, holding their miniature up with their own hand and think about their mistake ^_^

I think the Reaper Live tonight has something to do with the pirate ship that has been memed about so much. Not sure if it is as much a forum thing as it is a twitch and facebook thing, but there has been a lot of talk about that ship, and Reaper brings up (and denies *wink *wink) that idea way too often to not have anything similar up their sleeves. Plus, a person was writing about how they want a pirate ship in the last twitch stream I watched and one of the people behind the camera said "you person definetly want to watch Reaper Live this week"

• Like 10
  • Haha 2