Jump to content

Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread


ladystorm

Recommended Posts

  • Moderator
26 minutes ago, rubegon said:

 

What is it you don’t like about underwater encounters?

 

I ran my only underwater game so far in an AL session (Underworld Speculation), and it was a lot of fun in ways I hadn’t anticipated.  Thinking in 3D made things a bit trickier, and the change of scene from a typical cave/dungeon scene was refreshing.  The players were a bit out of their comfort zone and it made for a really tense, exciting session.  A flail snail KO’ed 3 of the 6 players in one encounter.

 

That got me excited about Saltmarsh.  I’ve read most of it and now I’m looking forward to running it in sandboxey-type campaign.  Need a bunch of sahooligans for that one!

 

Probably, like your players, it’s outside of my comfort zone.

The setting doesn’t capture my imagination. I haven’t read any fantasy or watched any that was centered on underwater adventures.

I find the concept limiting. The reliance on magic to breath. 

It just doesn’t appeal to me the way traditional fantasy does.

And that’s from someone who’s enjoyed the classic Barriers Peak module, which is certainly not fantasy based.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Moderator
6 hours ago, Fire_Eyes said:

Caught the stream on YouTube and grabbed a few screenshotsScreenshot_20191009-184740-600x600.png.d65993d91b535fb29e3db76b9ea7d665.png

 

Screenshot_20191009-184514-600x600.png.2c5a396b86865317976f9a5839ce0c5b.png

 

Screenshot_20191009-184530-600x600.png.ff754fe10246031af9f99f8ae9f43cb2.png

 

Those spiders are lifelike enough that my brain keeps going AAAHH KILL IT WITH FIRE!!! :;,;:

 

Which naturally means we will be getting them. :rolleyes:

 

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

  • Like 7
  • Haha 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator
57 minutes ago, Nunae said:

I think the Reaper Live tonight has something to do with the pirate ship that has been memed about so much. Not sure if it is as much a forum thing as it is a twitch and facebook thing, but there has been a lot of talk about that ship, and Reaper brings up (and denies *wink *wink) that idea way too often to not have anything similar up their sleeves. Plus, a person was writing about how they want a pirate ship in the last twitch stream I watched and one of the people behind the camera said "you person definetly want to watch Reaper Live this week"

 

51 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Pirate ship's been a comment-section baby for years now.

 

When we finally get it we should probably just start asking for a second.

 

Marvin has the right of it. I know I’ve been asking for a sailing ship for years, as have many other forumites.

The topic keeps coming up, especially when there’s been several dock based terrain kickstarters over the past few years, and some cardboard based ships and such from other companies.

 

I think they are certainly within Reapers capabilities to manufacture in either of the Bones plastics.

 

And they don’t have to be big ships. They just need to have some playable deck space.

I actually bought a couple from small manufacturers back when GW released their Legends of the High Seas ruleset. 

 

Never put them together. Neither came with sails though both came with dowels for the masts, and a bag of metal bitz to dress up the ship. The smaller one is resin, the larger one is a hard foam.

8F74171D-C93B-4DA0-BE12-6A51775F8B13.thumb.jpeg.79a56bb54960632a911b9e3cbab76226.jpeg0E32A718-E790-4B26-832A-AAC8A18921A8.thumb.jpeg.5e37f5402b6f4019ae6d531b2be3691b.jpeg

 

  • Like 12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok, let me correct myself: in the ramp up to this KS and now during the KS, I've read way more "pirate ship! pirate ship!" chants in the twitch chat than I have here. And Ron has brought it up way too many times in a teasing way, so I believe something like that might come, maybe together with the catfolk and otter pirates.

 

It would be a good time for it, too, since 5e has a newish campaign which involves ships and sea creatures. 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Marvin said:

Pirate ship's been a comment-section baby for years now.

 

When we finally get it we should probably just start asking for a second.

 

I wish Reaper would be smart enough to realize that any ship they build will fail to meet more people's hopes/needs than it could ever fulfill. 

 

The barge proved that. 

 

It would take two or probably three big steel molds to stamp all the parts to a sizeable ship so it’s up front cost to make will be very, very high. So it would end up super expensive even in the KS. 

 

3 hours ago, OneBoot said:

 

Those spiders are lifelike enough that my brain keeps going AAAHH KILL IT WITH FIRE!!! :;,;:

 

Which naturally means we will be getting them. :rolleyes:

 

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

 

I rather like the terrain piece, particularly the statue, but there is so much else I like more. The spiders are spiders. 

 

I think I would grab the terrain piece minus the spiders... :upside:

 

 

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good morning, from Maryland!   Wow 200 pages already....interesting to think there will probably be some 800+ more before it’s all over. That’s a lot of enthusiasm yet to come! :lol:

 

     And some nice pledging action overnight; only $23,000 to go at this point.  Will be interesting to see if the pledging picks back up this morning when folks who weren’t online last night find out about the Deep Depths Exp this morning.

 

     Hmmm...Dungeon Dwellers, Daimyo, Deep Depths...Reaper is on a D roll this Kickstarter.  I guess we should stay tuned for the “Dirigibles, Dastardly Deeds, and Daring Damsels” Steampunk Expansion! ::D:

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, aku-chan said:

Hmm... A lot more tempted by the underwater set than I thought I'd be, lets see what the other parts bring.

 

The Sea Ogres are definitely going on my 'Buy at retail' list if I don't get the set though.

Is the undersea thing in an update email? 

Not seeing it on Kickstarter. The spiders should have unlocked. I bet Chris just posted that. But nobody awake at RHQ to hit the unlock button. 

 

3 hours ago, Darsc Zacal said:

 

 

Marvin has the right of it. I know I’ve been asking for a sailing ship for years, as have many other forumites.

The topic keeps coming up, especially when there’s been several dock based terrain kickstarters over the past few years, and some cardboard based ships and such from other companies.

 

I think they are certainly within Reapers capabilities to manufacture in either of the Bones plastics.

 

And they don’t have to be big ships. They just need to have some playable deck space.

I actually bought a couple from small manufacturers back when GW released their Legends of the High Seas ruleset. 

 

Never put them together. Neither came with sails though both came with dowels for the masts, and a bag of metal bitz to dress up the ship. The smaller one is resin, the larger one is a hard foam.

8F74171D-C93B-4DA0-BE12-6A51775F8B13.thumb.jpeg.79a56bb54960632a911b9e3cbab76226.jpeg0E32A718-E790-4B26-832A-AAC8A18921A8.thumb.jpeg.5e37f5402b6f4019ae6d531b2be3691b.jpeg

 

 

Other people already make ships. They are questionably usable for gaming (what with some people needing a one inch grid and others wanting a semblance of historic accuracy) and there is a general level of fail when it comes to the rigging. Ship masts were never giant dowel sticks matey! Arrrr!!

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, TGP said:

 the undersea thing in an update email? 

Not seeing it on Kickstarter. The spiders should have unlocked. I bet Chris just posted that. But nobody awake at RHQ to hit the unlock button

 

 

Yes, the undersea Expansion was in an email update last night.   It can bee seen on the Kickstarter page under the Updates tab:  https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/reaperbones5/reaper-miniatures-bones-5-escape-from-pizza-dungeon/posts/2645552

 

 

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, TripleH said:

cdf158eb17547064e4be92641976d9c7_original.jpg?ixlib=rb-2.1.0&w=700&fit=max&v=1570664193&auto=format&gif-q=50&q=92&s=ea647970c294c37c577d78f55dcfa1f9

 

ninja'd by @Chris Palmer

 

OMG!

 

I thought I could resist the merfolk, surely there wouldn't be enough in the underwater expansion to lure me in?

 

Dunkleosteus?

Sharks?

Crocosaur?

601-Perch Fish?

 

I do not know what 610 is but I want it and the Slithes are nice.

I do not need the merrows.

The Merfolk...I could be tempted to keep those.

 

This might be it!

Maybe take the Goroloth as well and the Seas of the Lost World will never be the same!

 

Please include a shipwreck !

Maybe some rays and eels?

A prehistoric seascorpion a Tiktaalik?

 

If part 2 and 3 are useful to me I will pledge for this one!

 

 

 

 

9 hours ago, turbocooler said:

Legit question, are there some good techniques for making spider webs that look realistic?

 

Take a look at Greenstuffworld, they have a spray to do just that.

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Number Based on 0600-0700 Reaper time today:
Current Total Pledges: $1,769,227
Current Total Backers: 13,810
Next Goal At $1,790,000
To go to Next Goal $20,773
Hours to next goal based on gains this hour: 15.9
Hours to next goal based on 24h Avg: 10.0
   
Gain in last Hour: $1,309
New Backers This Hour: 6
Total Gain Today: $9,145
Total Gain 24 Hours: $43,600
Average Hourly Pledges Today: $1,306
Average Hourly Pledges 24 Hours: $2,072
Current Average Pledge: $128.11
Average Hourly Backers Today: 5.7
Average Hourly Backers 24 Hours: 8.8
Previous Hour Total Pledges: $1,767,918
Previous Hour Total Backers: 13,804

 

 

Previous hour numbers are estimates.

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, turbocooler said:

Legit question, are there some good techniques for making spider webs that look realistic?

 

I have not tried it myself, but Greenstuff World has an airbrush product which is supposed to make convincing cobwebs for miniatures. Might be interesting.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...