Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

ladystorm

35 minutes ago, Inarah said:

I'm not following the KS comments with dedication, but I check in once a day or so to see if there's anything interesting.   Have to laugh at the near-daily clueless requests for special bundle packages (like all the dragons, or 6 copies of xxx) at "a slight discount" from KS pricing.  Just... wow. 

These are the people who need to wait for retail so they can have an epiphany of how genuinely clueless they are.

GEM

• Like 7

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

If Ed does announce a pirate ship (and means it and delivers) then I'm a real rakshasa with backwards hands and an aversion to holy weapons.

That's why I'm not inducing chaos on the kickstarter comments. To chaotic ::P:

Rakshasas are Lawful Evil, though...

56 minutes ago, criticalhit said:

I hope that the next "underwater" expansions give us a large-sized crayfish, a large-sized eel, a large-sized hermit crab, a large-sized octopus, and/or a large-sized sea slug.

They would all fill gaps in the Monster Manual/published adventures.

Sahuagin with slashing weapons and bludgeoning weapons would also be awesome.

A boy can dreeeeeeeeeam.

As someone else said, slashing and budgeoning weapons don't usually work as well underwater, so it's not terribly likely that most sahuagin would wield them.

11 minutes ago, Pochi said:

I'm telling you, that shark is Bruce!

glenn-kim-color-greatwhite.thumb.jpg.9ff26cdb551c2cfcac767e09a118f4c8.jpg

Art by Glenn Kim

Fish are friends, not food.

• Like 7
  • Haha 10

45 minutes ago, ksbsnowowl said:

Doubt you'll see that.  At least in D&D, slashing and bludgeoning weapons take penalties underwater.  You can jab a spear underwater very effectively.  Not so much with swinging a baseball bat.

Ghosts of Saltmarsh introduced a Sahuagin subtype with a sword, a subtype with a warhammer, a subtype with a glaive, and a subtype with a quarterstaff. It's too many different subtypes to track in a combat when you have two miniatures to represent them, but I know it's a long shot to expect Reaper to meet the need for one specific adventure.

Edited by criticalhit
  • Like 4

49 minutes ago, Chris Palmer said:

For those that don't want the Undersea Expansion because you'll never run underwater campaigns, I just wanted to point out that most all the models in the expansion so far could easily be water-lined and put to use interacting with characters on boats or that come to close to the water's edge...

30226408_1795795723817574_8710441659109736448_n.jpg

Are those plastic sharks made of Bones black?

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, klarg1 said:

I still can't quite wrap my head around shark #607. I can't decide if it's a brilliant sculpt of a slightly cartooned shark, an unintentional divergence from natural shark morphology, or a failure of my own understanding of sharks.

It's probably a combination of all three.

Prehistoric mega shark?

megalodon-shark-scale-1.png

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ksbsnowowl said:

Doubt you'll see that.  At least in D&D, slashing and bludgeoning weapons take penalties underwater.  You can jab a spear underwater very effectively.  Not so much with swinging a baseball bat.

This is only true for creatures without a swimming speed in 5e.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

Number Based on 1600-1700 Reaper time today:
Current Total Pledges: $1,787,778
Current Total Backers: 13,914
Next Goal At $1,790,000
To go to Next Goal $2,222
Hours to next goal based on gains this hour: 2.9
Hours to next goal based on 24h Avg: 1.2

Gain in last Hour: $762
New Backers This Hour: 11
Total Gain Today: $27,627
Total Gain 24 Hours: $44,732
Average Hourly Pledges Today: $1,625
Average Hourly Pledges 24 Hours: $1,864
Current Average Pledge: $128.49
Average Hourly Backers Today: 8.3
Average Hourly Backers 24 Hours: 8.5
Previous Hour Total Pledges: $1,787,016
Previous Hour Total Backers: 13,903
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

23 minutes ago, TGP said:

Are those plastic sharks made of Bones black?

No, they’re whatever plastic a cheap Chinese toy company uses to make their toy sharks.  I bought a bag of them online for a couple bucks. 

19060050_1794581487272331_3528171193955380209_n.jpg

And...at last... less than $2,000 to the goal!

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, Chris Palmer said:

For those that don't want the Undersea Expansion because you'll never run underwater campaigns, I just wanted to point out that most all the models in the expansion so far could easily be water-lined and put to use interacting with characters on boats or that come to close to the water's edge...

Okay, definitely feeling the strong need to do this now, I love it!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Never get on the boat :;,;:

• Haha 8

45 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

These are the people who need to wait for retail so they can have an epiphany of how genuinely clueless they are.

GEM

Guilty. I did, however, state that I understood the difficulty and mostly hoped "unit packages" would become available in Bones on their website, as they already are in metal. Just a statement of hope, not a demand for satisfaction

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Sharks are so versatile, grab people on the boat pull them into the water, breech the surface and scare the pants off of adventures.

IMG_20190829_013158.thumb.jpg.91c6b8b7018c914d31ce0cf10709b207.jpg

• Like 9
  • Haha 4