Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

ladystorm

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

Not for me but I can certainly appreciate (undead? or are they just evil?) Vikings. Especially Vikings with legs and arms like that.

Visualize the Barrow-wight from LoTR, Fellowship of the Ring. In fact Wights in general are from Norse/Germanic myth.

Next maybe Huldrafolk? Swartalfar? Ljossalfar? Jotun, Thurse, and Troll are pretty well covered.Disir? Oh, please, Reaper, please. I'll be a really GOOD grumpy old dwarf and I even promise to cut back on the grumbling and swearing> (Dorf tries puppy dog eyes, fails miserably)

Edited by Skallabjorn
  • Haha 6

@criticalhit

Huh. After doing some searches, it would appear that the female Bones halflings I've been using (I usually play halfling rogues) are marketed as gnomes or dwarves. If they hadn't been labeled as such, I'd have thought the female dwarves particularly WERE halflings due to their sturdier proportions. The gnomes do have slightly pointed ears that give them away (though I used an exacto knife to round them a bit on mine). 

I would recommend adding your suggestion to the Bones we want to see thread: https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/76562-bones-youd-like-to-see-thread-4/

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

• Like 10

A note about ships. Just did a quick bit of research. Given that 28mm = 1/56 scale, I looked up a few historic ship sizes to see how large they would be on the tabletop. These are just rough estimates, mind, so take them with a goodly amount of salt.

Galley - 27.5 inches long by 2.5 inches wide

Cog - 10.5 to 17.5 inches long by 3.5 to 5.5 inches wide

Sir Walter Raliegh's Ark Royal - 22 inches long by 8 inches wide

Bermuda sloop - 29 inches long by 9.5 inches wide

Really, the only one that I think would be reasonable is a smaller Cog, but that is just me.

• Like 11