Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

ladystorm

8 minutes ago, Doug Sundseth said:

Dude! It's a ship. You live next to an ocean. Do I need to draw you a map?

:poke:

Think it'll float? Because now I am imagining playing D&D in a hot-tub or pool. Better waterproof your character sheets!

• Haha 21

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

It is big enough to put Thanksgiving dinner on it!

Ok, I've heard of the term "gravy boat" but this is getting outta hand.

Edited by BrokenWolf668
  • Haha 9

Just now, Cyradis said:

Think it'll float? Because now I am imagining playing D&D in a hot-tub or pool. Better waterproof your character sheets!

PVC density is very close to 1g/cc. As long as there's enough freeboard, it should float. But I'd take the masts off to reduce the chance of capsizing, since it doesn't really have the right hull shape for stability.

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, Bane Of Humanity said:

There definitely needs to be a sir forscale on the deck
I dont know how Im gonna get two....

If you zoom in on the image you can see about 4 figures on deck in the render.

image.png.3ed22868c8b9c4aa6f084f6db9564e3d.png

Edited by Skallabjorn
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 7
  • Confused 1

@OneBoot Can you msg me and tell me if they are making an astral dreadnought and a hecatonacheries. I doubt they ever would, at least for the latter , but still. 

I month or so ago, I believe they said the tallest model was around 30 inches. Or 32 or something.

Must be the central mast.of the ship.

And I must say, that ship is longer than even my tony mcvey gojirasaurus. Well played reaper.  Well f([email protected]#$ played :)

Sanjay

Edited by StarFyre
  • Like 7

Just now, Doug Sundseth said:

PVC density is very close to 1g/cc. As long as there's enough freeboard, it should float. But I'd take the masts off to reduce the chance of capsizing, since it doesn't really have the right hull shape for stability.

depending on how thick the bottom is, you could always make some strategic slices and add in some fishing weights. The disc shaped ones I use to add weight to bases for large minis would probably work ok.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Doug Sundseth said:

It would need to be deeper with more hollow space for that, and a weighted bottom. I'm sure someone could do that mod. Right?

D&D in a pool will be the new trend. For uh.... reasons. Not that the DM wants to loaf about with a margarita in the pool while rolling dice. Nope. definitely not that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 14

So, ehhh, boyfriend told me to take storage space into considaration after the last kickstarter shipped. 

Any ideas on where to inconspicuously store that ship? :ph34r:

Edit: Probably best to say it could be used as WH terrain. Or finally get that glass storage thing and put it on the wall. Anyhow, I'm happy and my PCs will have some seafaring to do soonish.

Edited by Nunae
  • Like 9