Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

ladystorm

15 minutes ago, dwarvenranger said:

Welp there goes another chunk o money. I hope the cannon are removable and the gun ports able to be closed.

They said in the twitch stream that their goal is to have the port doors hinge and be closable, and the cannons removable, but this is still a very early render, and the peculiarities of bringing it to reality haven't been fully realized yet.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Nunae said:

So, ehhh, boyfriend told me to take storage space into considaration after the last kickstarter shipped. 

Any ideas on where to inconspicuously store that ship? :ph34r:

Edit: Probably best to say it could be used as WH terrain. Or finally get that glass storage thing and put it on the wall. Anyhow, I'm happy and my PCs will have some seafaring to do soonish.

9 minutes ago, Chris Palmer said:

Decorative fireplace mantel display? :lol:

Yeah, I think the ship becomes the decorative storage container.

• Like 4
  • Haha 9

9 minutes ago, ksbsnowowl said:

They said in the twitch stream that their goal is to have the port doors hinge and be closable, and the cannons removable, but this is still a very early render, and the peculiarities of bringing it to reality haven't been fully realized yet.

They can simulate removable cannon and opening/closing ports by arranging for "plugs" with the different configurations that will slip into suitably sized receptacles.  Might be easier from a design and mold making standpoint than actual working ports.

This also allows for different size cannon to be simulated with different plug configurations, or ports open and the cannon not run out.  All sorts of possibilities with just a slight tweak in design thinking.

GEM

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

Yeah, I think the ship becomes the decorative storage container.

I can see this getting suspended from the ceiling out of a traffic area for those with extreme storage constraints.  Un-ship the masts, load up the decks with extra minis, then hang it with wire or cordage from a convenient corner of the room.

GEM

• Like 7

6 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

If Ed does announce a pirate ship (and means it and delivers) then I'm a real rakshasa with backwards hands and an aversion to holy weapons.

That's why I'm not inducing chaos on the kickstarter comments. To chaotic ::P:

He still hasn't delivered ::P:

At least we all know I've always been Lawful Evil :devil:

• Like 3
  • Haha 13

27 minutes ago, Chris Palmer said:

Decorative fireplace mantel display? :lol:

AFC547B7-3478-4654-9EA8-7D078F1FAE5D.jpeg

Hmm...

Let's see:

Bones material ship + fire heat source = FLOPPY MASTS! (I think I just found the new ship name)

The classic boil and ice dunk trick is going to be a problem at that size.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2