ladystorm

Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

6 minutes ago, izzylobo said:

Sophie's Chance

Sophie's Trophy 

Almost rhymes

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Mckenna35 said:

Just picked up the Trumpeter 1/200 scale USS Hornet the other weekend, and the lower hull is one piece and it's about 4.5 feet long.  Whether or not Reaper would have access to the same manufacturer in China that Trumpeter uses, obviously I have no idea.  It's certainly going to be an expensive set of molds, that's for sure!  I suspect it'll get broken into quite a few sections.  I seriously doubt it'll be a 'pull out of box and play' option.

I honestly do not see much use for a "straight out of box" product. I'd much rather have it require assembly, so as to be easier to produce, modify, and make modular as well.

• Like 8

image.png.e4115f6407bffa3578877355f259dd2b.png

Now waiting for the Otter and Undead Pirates to show up.

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 2
  • Haha 12

You know that ship is going to be a hit with historical miniature players as well. The first guy who runs a serious naval campaign who shows up with that at a con will be a hero.

• Like 13

9 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Youngster.

I started in college [after 6 years active duty in the US Navy] with White Box and self ablating dice.

GEM :lol:

Counting Heroquest I started when I was 6! :lol:

Our kiddo doesn't have long before she gets her own, non plushie, dice. She already has three full sets of stuffed polyhedral dice! ::P:

Gawd, I never realized how fast children grow up.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Skallabjorn said:

Draugs! WE HAVE DRAUGS!!!!

Which means you can't get them in  a draug free zone.

I HATE the War on Draugs!

Purple.

• Like 1
  • Haha 15

11 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Hubby thinks it would be good to have two of these. Just in case for ship to ship battles :rolleyes:

i mean, anything else of this size for the cost is going to be a pain in the tushy to put together. I’ve seen those kits. They’re more obnoxious looking than the barge decor.

Both of us want two ships, so that means we need four, right?

Purple, but a very reluctant purple. It is so EASY to picture all of us crawling around the floor, playing with our toy boats. Me, Grump, BD, Jon, Julie, and Trouble. All of us going Boom! Boom! Boom! ::D:

10 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Wherever one makes room for it.  Hubby said he has no interest already, but I want it... And crewed by otters! 

Amazing what an airbrush can do - the CAV dropship was airbrushed by someone over the course of a weekend, for example. 

Something that gorgeous?  Oh yeah, room will be made for such a beauty! 

This and the CAV dropship.... Which will we get first, ooooooooooh... :p /ghost noises

A dire otter! 

Name the otter crewed ship The Brandy Tree.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oKzDcE53iss

3 hours ago, Crowley said:
Number Based on 0500-0600 Reaper time today:
Current Total Pledges: $1,813,717
Current Total Backers: 14,017
Next Goal At $1,845,000
To go to Next Goal $31,283
Hours to next goal based on gains this hour: 22.9
Hours to next goal based on 24h Avg: 16.4

Gain in last Hour: $1,364
New Backers This Hour: 7
Total Gain Today: $9,554
Total Gain 24 Hours: $45,730
Average Hourly Pledges Today: $1,365
Average Hourly Pledges 24 Hours: $1,905
Current Average Pledge: $129.39
Average Hourly Backers Today: 6.6
Average Hourly Backers 24 Hours: 8.8
Previous Hour Total Pledges: $1,812,353
Previous Hour Total Backers: 14,010

Previous hour's numbers are estimates.

Good luck finding a copy... I really liked that version too. 

I take it back... apparently it's only $9 on the big river?? I went looking for it years ago, and the only copies were stupid expensive. Woohoo!!

*clicks add to order*

Ours is in a paper slip cover, we got it from Family Dollar.

It was hard to find, not to buy, we had it slipped between two DVDs and couldn't FIND it! Then I pulled out Muppet Treasure Island, and there it was.

Muppet Treasure Island is ALSO wonderful! :lol:

We have four versions of Treasure Island, and only Muppet Treasure Island was originally mine. We have  a LOT of pirate movies.

• Like 12
  • Haha 4

On the topic of rear guns on the frigate, now that we are seeing other packs of naval usable cannon from other sources, it will not be hard at all to upgrade the firepower.

@PaganMegan check out the rules for Lego Pirate Ships for combat, they were build your own and very fun games.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, PaganMegan said:

I'm taking further pirate misadventures to off topic.

The ship has derailed my train of thought.

derail.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

Shiiiiiiip. Ship. Ship. Ship. Ship. Ship. Ship. Ship. Ship. Ship. Ship. Ship. Ship. Ship. Ship. Ship. Ship. SHIP!

*runs around in circles* I wants it!!!!!! ARGH! 

First we have to unlock it. Then wait two years. No sense getting worked up. 

F5. f5. F5. F5....

• Like 3
  • Haha 16

Number Based on 0900-1000 Reaper time today:
Current Total Pledges: $1,819,203
Current Total Backers: 14,051
Next Goal At $1,845,000
To go to Next Goal $25,797
Hours to next goal based on gains this hour: 12.3
Hours to next goal based on 24h Avg: 13.9

Gain in last Hour: $2,096
New Backers This Hour: 13
Total Gain Today: $15,040
Total Gain 24 Hours: $44,484
Average Hourly Pledges Today: $1,367
Average Hourly Pledges 24 Hours: $1,854
Current Average Pledge: $129.47
Average Hourly Backers Today: 7.3
Average Hourly Backers 24 Hours: 9.0
Previous Hour Total Pledges: $1,817,107
Previous Hour Total Backers: 14,038
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 8

That’s an average of about $130 per pledger, if I haven’t slipped a decimal place on my trusty slide rule. :poke:  So there’s plenty of scope for increase of pledge amounts as well as pledge numbers. 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Rob Dean said:

That’s an average of about $130 per pledger, if I haven’t slipped a decimal place on my trusty slide rule. :poke:  So there’s plenty of scope for increase of pledge amounts as well as pledge numbers. 

I'm only in for the core box amount right now.  Got a couple of other KS going right now so it's looking like an expensive month.  Much as I'd like to up it, it'll probably wait till later in the PM for that.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1