Average Hourly Pledges 24 Hours: $1,949
Current Average Pledge: $129.49
Average Hourly Backers Today: 8.8
Average Hourly Backers 24 Hours: 9.8
Previous Hour Total Pledges: $1,821,100
Previous Hour Total Backers: 14,066
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 5

I still think I will name  my ship the HMS Walletbreaker.

Hmm, what if there is a small wreck in the depth expansion?

And I can see how the little boat from Bones IV might be useful to accompany this big ship.

Oh boy!

I need to paint more Pirates and Conquistadores soon.

• Like 8
  • Haha 3

Sorry, I don't know how to get rid of the quote, so I deleted it.

Looking at the ship, I do have one concern, and that is warping. I think if it's made in sections, that will keep that to a minimum on the hull, especially if they're not too big, but I can see the masts being problematic if they're in traditional Bones. Maybe they could use something like they did for Wyrm Gear's wings, that seems a little more Rigid? 

• Like 5

I just measured the shelf that my still boxed Ma'al Drakar is on... It's only 30".... My dining room table is 46"... :blink: This is a really... really... really... big boat..

32 inches playable deck space. With significant unplayable length out to the figure head. Call it 35 inches between perpendiculars (which is one of the ways they measure the length of real ships). 35x5 (because an inch is five feet on gridded gaming space) = 175 feet. That is no boat. That is a ship. 

By the way, the real world constraint (due to the limits of real world timber) on the length of a wooden ship was about 250-260 feet. After that the keel started bending. (This was known as hogging.)

2 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Look at it as an alternative gaming table..

I can think of ways to make this a gaming piece but they all involve a ballroom. 

1 hour ago, Argentee said:

Gonna need a bigger shark....

If you felt like reading a book about a ship in this size and weight class, I recommend: CS Forester’s Hornblower and the Atropos.

The day that HMS Java  met USS Constitution both ships were carrying more guns than they were rated with on paper. Nominally it was 38 versus 44 guns. It was actually 46 against 54 guns. (With Constitution severely outgunning Java in either case.) But to get to the point, they used to rate ships by their principle weapons carried on the main gun deck. This Bones5 ship had nine heavy guns per side, so 18 total. 

You could consider her an 18 Gun sloop of war which is exactly what the fictional Atropos was. Sloop refers to the rigging: square rigged on three masts but a small ship is a sloop. 

Doug has the rating correct. 6th rate. 

1 hour ago, Chris Palmer said:

I agree.  I was trying to study the photo last night to see if I could see anything particularly "undead" about them.  All I could think was possible the eyes being a little more sunken, but it's hard to tell from the photo as most of their eyes are in shadow.

I got to see these greens at ReaperCon up close. They are undead. But they could be painted and modded to look like a particularly haggard batch of Frostgrave warriors. 

Looking at the ship, I do have one concern, and that is warping. I think if it's made in sections, that will keep that to a minimum on the hull, especially if they're not too big, but I can see the masts being problematic if they're in traditional Bones. Maybe they could use something like they did for Wyrm Gear's wings, that seems a little more Rigid? 

I am hoping that is what they decide for the masts also. Not necessarily the whole ship but definitely the masts. 

That decision has not been made yet. That was stated very clearly in the stream broadcast. (But is worth repeating here, IMO.)

Edited by TGP
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Corsair said:

Okay, it looks to me that the Rune Wights are not "zombiefied", that they could be painted up as regular Vikings, does it appear like that from the renders to anyone else?

The archer looks a bit like my grandpa. He has less beard and looser skin but the muscles and the 'really old Viking' fit.

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

Number Based on 1200-1100 Reaper time today:
Current Total Pledges: $1,828,699
Current Total Backers: 14,121
Next Goal At $1,845,000
To go to Next Goal $16,301
Hours to next goal based on gains this hour: 4.4
Hours to next goal based on 24h Avg: 8.2

Gain in last Hour: $3,704
New Backers This Hour: 27
Total Gain Today: $23,265
Total Gain 24 Hours: $47,841
Average Hourly Pledges Today: $1,662
Average Hourly Pledges 24 Hours: $1,993
Current Average Pledge: $129.50
Average Hourly Backers Today: 10.1
Average Hourly Backers 24 Hours: 10.2
Previous Hour Total Pledges: $1,824,995
Previous Hour Total Backers: 14,094

Now that's better... 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Well, perhaps I should actually pledge this weekend.  Hmm.  Maybe I should wait it until after all of the medical appointments this next week are done.  Then I'll be the guy who pushes us over a goal.

What? Let real life get in the way of games?

• Haha 8

That ship is too big. Way too big. If they pull it off at a good price I'm gonna need two. I guess 2021 me is gonna have to sleep on a twin mattress to empty up some space.

• Like 3
  • Haha 15

The WK ship is listed as 30" overall, this one has 32" of deck space and is 37" overall it is also 2-3" wider

Gonna need a couple of little boats to hang off the sides of it

Edited by Corsair
  • Like 7

6 minutes ago, Bane Of Humanity said:

Is the ship bigger than wizkids ship?

The WizKids site claims 33" of length for the Falling Star, and I think only 27" of that is playable space. So... Reaper's is significantly larger.

But it won't include the magnetized masts, and I'm not sure whether it has access to the lower decks.

So, trade offs.

• Like 6