Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

ladystorm

14 minutes ago, Sinfolmatt said:

Was away for a bit and hard to keep up with all the posts. Has reaper given any update on where we are with the social media goal?

"Ron Hawkins about 1 hour ago

We were at 2900+ at about 3:00 pm cst, but I think I should go check again..."

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my first kickstarter, and I’ve gotten really invested in this thing.  I was vaguely aware of the B4 one but never took the plunge.

I joined the forum after going to ReaperCon, which I learned about somehow in the spring.  I think I was just looking for other cons nearby after our whole family went to Comicpalooza here in Houston this year and had a blast.

Following the forum has become a throughout-the-day thing during the KS campaign though!  It’s so exciting to see all this cool new stuff being created and helping make it happen a little.  Having seen and met some of the wonderful and talented people that actually do it at RC adds a lot to that for me.

I get that it’s a business and this is great marketing and Reaper’s KS campaign is a really smart business model.  They get customers to provide investment capital to grow their product line, and by doing so ensure that there’s demand for the new product.  We get first access to the product at what must be close to cost.

I like this business a lot though.  It makes me happy to know the Pughs are doing well, growing the business and creating this place where people get to work on and make this stuff.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, rubegon said:

This is my first kickstarter, and I’ve gotten really invested in this thing.  I was vaguely aware of the B4 one but never took the plunge.

I joined the forum after going to ReaperCon, which I learned about somehow in the spring.  I think I was just looking for other cons nearby after our whole family went to Comicpalooza here in Houston this year and had a blast.

Following the forum has become a throughout-the-day thing during the KS campaign though!  It’s so exciting to see all this cool new stuff being created and helping make it happen a little.  Having seen and met some of the wonderful and talented people that actually do it at RC adds a lot to that for me.

I get that it’s a business and this is great marketing and Reaper’s KS campaign is a really smart business model.  They get customers to provide investment capital to grow their product line, and by doing so ensure that there’s demand for the new product.  We get first access to the product at what must be close to cost.

I like this business a lot though.  It makes me happy to know the Pughs are doing well, growing the business and creating this place where people get to work on and make this stuff.

Indeed, we are getting goodies at close to cost as a way to raise the necessary capital for the production of the molds to make the new products  With even a simple mold running $10,000 or more to make it's a significant investment and the KickStarter Model that Reaper has developed is apparently working well for all involved.

Enjoy the ride, this gets kinda intense the last few days.

GEM

1 minute ago, Corsair said:

All you newer folks, if you haven't dropped in on the Randomness thread in General. It is a fun place and we talk about anything.

What he said!

Lots of good natured fun and food of all sorts is an ongoing topic, including recipes.

GEM

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

What he said!

Lots of good natured fun and food of all sorts is an ongoing topic, including recipes.

GEM

And you will find out the secrets of WOOF, MEOW, LOTS,RIBBIT, etc. Oh and don't step on the mouselings!

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

27 minutes ago, Corsair said:

On the map, I really hope we will see at least one reveal for a Chronoscope expansion! we need some sci-fi!

The only thing mentioned for the Chronoscope expansion so far is the Pulp figures and car.

May not be a lot of sci-fi in Chronoscope this time round.

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

5 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Please define old.

I need to know this information as my Original Factory Warranty expires in less than two weeks.

GEM

I don't need a definition...I AM old! I have earned the right to be a crotchety grouchy old fart! Get your tentacles offa my lawn!

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

6 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Please define old.

I need to know this information as my Original Factory Warranty expires in less than two weeks.

GEM

Not young? Remember/own some some or all of those minis? Past 50?

On an unrelated note, I seem to be stuck in typeover mode on my posting window. Anybody know how I can get back to insert mode?

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Skallabjorn said:

Not young? Remember/own some some or all of those minis? Past 50?

On an unrelated note, I seem to be stuck in typeover mode on my posting window. Anybody know how I can get back to insert mode?

My Three Score and Ten is used up in less than two weeks.

Not to worry, I'm already making plans for the 100th Anniversary of the opening of Disneyland.

Which means I plan to participate in a ~whole lot~ of Reaper Kickstarters.

GEM

Edited by Green Eyed Monster
tentacles
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4