Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

ladystorm

Feels like we’re in the doldrums a bit.  After really strong pledging volume Monday and Tuesday, it’s been about half that the rest of the week - just over $40k a day.  Since weekends seem to be slower, I guess we’ll unlock the wights maybe late Sunday/early Monday.

67FE8CD4-4CB7-4D76-951F-1F1C1A65C70D.png.6cb26b91a6e03de72b0ae32a2d8af4d8.png

New backers also dropped by about half after Tuesday:

A998C0FA-42FE-4C11-A342-AD4E37FF843F.png.2afea8055136ddd5a8e8ffdc67861bf5.png

The Kicktraq projection has come down to $2.8M to $4.1M - midpoint is about $3.5, which is still bigger than any prior Bones KS.

CFC8A726-AE3B-4FBB-8F5F-BE72DF8C3D0E.png.cb27022d68c2666802cb980db59f52ad.png

I still have a feeling it’s going to come in at the high end, over $4M.  The hobby is booming, the new bones black figures are awesome and really popular, the economy is strong and unemployment is at historic lows ... and I tend to be an optimist, so this might just be me.

Still, $4M sounds like a good number.  It’s gonna happen!  I just hope they have enough things to keep throwing more SGs at us!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, rubegon said:

Feels like we’re in the doldrums a bit.  After really strong pledging volume Monday and Tuesday, it’s been about half that the rest of the week - just over $40k a day.  Since weekends seem to be slower, I guess we’ll unlock the wights maybe late Sunday/early Monday.

67FE8CD4-4CB7-4D76-951F-1F1C1A65C70D.png.6cb26b91a6e03de72b0ae32a2d8af4d8.png

New backers also dropped by about half after Tuesday:

A998C0FA-42FE-4C11-A342-AD4E37FF843F.png.2afea8055136ddd5a8e8ffdc67861bf5.png

The Kicktraq projection has come down to $2.8M to $4.1M - midpoint is about $3.5, which is still bigger than any prior Bones KS.

CFC8A726-AE3B-4FBB-8F5F-BE72DF8C3D0E.png.cb27022d68c2666802cb980db59f52ad.png

I still have a feeling it’s going to come in at the high end, over $4M.  The hobby is booming, the new bones black figures are awesome and really popular, the economy is strong and unemployment is at historic lows ... and I tend to be an optimist, so this might just be me.

Still, $4M sounds like a good number.  It’s gonna happen!  I just hope they have enough things to keep throwing more SGs at us!

i think the end of the week slowed down a lot since last weekend and start of this week were greek expansion and storm giant.

those things generated a lot of excitement.  THe ship could get a lot but without a price and where it is on the map, ppl dont know how much to pledge.  the rest of the stuff on the map isnt that exciting, compared to the greek expansion and storm giant IMHO and it would appear that holds true with the pledging pattern.

Sanjay

• Like 8

Don't recall seeing this in previous comments here, but over in the KS comments there is discussion of making the Ship in translucent material and Ron & Ed are going to actually seriously research it. It may be a strong possibility if they can do translucent in styrene & abs. If so, we may be able to get a translucent green ghost ship to go with the sailors from the last KS.

• Like 6
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, StarFyre said:

i think the end of the week slowed down a lot since last weekend and start of this week were greek expansion and storm giant.

those things generated a lot of excitement.  THe ship could get a lot but without a price and where it is on the map, ppl dont know how much to pledge.  the rest of the stuff on the map isnt that exciting, compared to the greek expansion and storm giant IMHO and it would appear that holds true with the pledging pattern.

Sanjay

I think you’re right.  A $10 set of wights and 3% more stuff in the core set isn’t going to pull in much more money from backers or pull many new ones in from the sidelines, respectively.

I’m hoping they’ll show Greek 2 tomorrow and that will get more people chucking in another $50.

Speaking of pledging more, I’m considering adding to my pledge to get a few extra core sets to sell on eBay.  Does anyone do that?  It seems like a pretty safe investment.  I got my B4 set on eBay this summer for about $200.

It would both subsidize my own mini acquisition and help boost the KS a bit more.  Is there any downside, or do Reaper discourage or not allow it, is it considered bad form, etc.?

• Like 9

Just now, rubegon said:

I think you’re right.  A $10 set of wights and 3% more stuff in the core set isn’t going to pull in much more money from backers or pull many new ones in from the sidelines, respectively.

I’m hoping they’ll show Greek 2 tomorrow and that will get more people chucking in another $50.

Speaking of pledging more, I’m considering adding to my pledge to get a few extra core sets to sell on eBay.  Does anyone do that?  It seems like a pretty safe investment.  I got my B4 set on eBay this summer for about $200.

It would both subsidize my own mini acquisition and help boost the KS a bit more.  Is there any downside, or do Reaper discourage or not allow it, is it considered bad form, etc.?

i dont get core sets normally but i do sell stuff i dont want from expansions, etc.  its how my wife lets me fund the habit :P sell stuff i dont want or can part with, for newer stuff.

I'm still selling stuff to cover the projected cost of Bones 5, and the Gorjirasaurus i got.

Sanjay

• Like 8

I haven't upped my pledge yet, am just in for the cost of a core set. May add in the funds for the expansions before it ends. Progress seems steady. Lots of the big boardgames kickstarters get stuck in the doldrums at this stage. 

The rune wights are cool. If you brought two sets you would have a brilliant skirmish warband or unit for a slightly bigger scale game like Saga or Dragon Rampant. 

I would be interested to see how the two current expansions fill out. It is generous obviously to have so many big minis in the box but you want goons, npcs, human size models as well. For example, I know that you can buy ninja, samurai, geisha elsewhere but it would be good to have had some in the Reaper style and scale in the KS. On the other hand there is this really cool skirmish fame called Daisho and this expansion essentially provides all the monsters you need for that game. 

It is hard to get sharkmen so I could see an add on set of those being popular, as well as there being 2 or 3 in the deep depths expansion. 

I love pulp and victorian science fiction/fantasy so am really looking forward to anything like that. 

The picture thread from Reapercon suggests that if unlocks continue there will be a set of 5 dwarf axemen, a group of succubi, werewolves, and some more adventurers. Also a trio of otter privateers. All good stuff to look forward to and support. 

I won't repeat my long wish list from elsewhere but would also love to see a set of half orcs (that don't look evil), captives (that don't look creepy), ogre with crossbow or cannon, and something like a kobold or goblin war wagon. 

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, rubegon said:

As soon as people have product in hand you will start seeing offerings for add-ons, the various expansions, and Core Sets.  As well as individual pieces that people have acquired as part of a package and don't want.

As far as an "official" policy, I'm not aware of any.  There are a lot of Reaper Products offered for sale  from both individuals and commercial retailers, at prices ranging from "reasonably priced" to "turn you upside down and shake you over a blanket" for rare or hard to find items.

GEM

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

As soon as people have product in hand you will start seeing offerings for add-ons, the various expansions, and Core Sets.  As well as individual pieces that people have acquired as part of a package and don't want.

As far as an "official" policy, I'm not aware of any.  There are a lot of Reaper Products offered for sale  from both individuals and commercial retailers, at prices ranging from "reasonably priced" to "turn you upside down and shake you over a blanket" for rare or hard to find items.

GEM

Or items they think are hard to find/out of production.

The Auld Grump - I just finished painting a female Bones Black necromancer with shovel... and have no immediate plans for her.

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

>>Or items they think are hard to find/out of production.<<

The Auld Grump - I just finished painting a female Bones Black necromancer with shovel... and have no immediate plans for her.

Indeed.

And a few minutes spent in digital foraging will demonstrate whether or not the item is rare or if the asking price is actually reasonable.

GEM

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

My Three Score and Ten is used up in less than two weeks.

Not to worry, I'm already making plans for the 100th Anniversary of the opening of Disneyland.

Which means I plan to participate in a ~whole lot~ of Reaper Kickstarters.

GEM

Good the you got the Extended Warranty. ::):

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Please define old.

I need to know this information as my Original Factory Warranty expires in less than two weeks.

GEM

"Old" is always 20 years older than I am at that moment. Luckily for you, that means you're not old. :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Skallabjorn said:

Not young? Remember/own some some or all of those minis? Past 50?

On an unrelated note, I seem to be stuck in typeover mode on my posting window. Anybody know how I can get back to insert mode?

Press the "Insert" key to toggle between typeover and insert modes.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Super excited to be getting dark elves in core, not that I thought it was "weak" but its super nice to get a nice little squad of them, especially since they seem to not be the typical dagger/staff dark elves for  different types of encounters.

...Unfortunately I have to lower my pledge just a hair, but I would rather know everything is going through and still save a little bit for the holidays (Santa can't only come for me after all), but I am very thrilled that the pledge manager is rumored to stay around for a year as this is my first reaper kickstarter, considering the time of year, that really does add flexibility and a chance to get all you could need. 

All the same, I am excited to see just how far this can go, even if I can't toss any more in until after its over. ...Wonder if we are going to get a complete set of Chromatic Dragons? So far I have seen Blue, Green, Black, and a Shadow (not necessarily a Chromatic but evil so it can share a shelf if I can convince the wife early 2020). Very much looking forward to seeing a Red and White. 

I'm hoping the Greek 2/3 really have some cool things in them, they started off really good with the bronze golem, and cyclops but with the giant being an add on I don't know what is going to follow it up.. 

Also, as I am new here, does anyone know on average these minis will take to hit retail once all waves of the kickstarter go out and are received? Or even ones from the previous kickstarters if they haven't hit the market yet?

• Like 10

I wonder if this deceleration is something Reaper did on purpose. I mean, with Shavinra, the Greek Expansion, Spiders and the Giant things were going quite fast: maybe too fast, considering how early we are. Ruin Wights and Dark Elves aren't the kind of stuff that inspires increased pledges. Wonder if Reaper keeps this kind of stuff to reveal it when a break is needed, or it was really prepared to be revealed now. 

• Like 5