Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

ladystorm

10 hours ago, PaganMegan said:
18 hours ago, Corsair said:

Actually a clear ship could be just as "ghostly" as a green translucent.

In reality, yes.

In people's heads, no.

Sure, they can hit it with a green transparent paint for the same effect, but a translucent green ship will be seen as ghostly, while people will think a clear ship is invisible.

Must be a cultural thing, to me ghosts are relatively white with maybe a hint of blue and I've even gotten the question if it's some sort of poisonous ghost with the green translucent ghosts from my players in the past.

• Like 10

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, TGP said:

I think @Skallabjorn may have talked me into getting one of these. I was just going for 2x ballista. 

@Skallabjorn do you think the ammunition is going to be molded into the spoon? or a separate piece for the customer to glue in?

Surely they'll leave it separate so that people can load their boulderkin into it.

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

To me the Reaper ship is far superior, especially with all those guns.

The guns aren't a selling point for everyone. I'd be more likely to need a ship for a fantasy game where they'd be out of place. The guns worry me, since they seem so prominent that even if taking them out is an option the ship will still have gun ports down it's side. It does look better than the other one, though.

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

They could be "magic" cannons.

I ran a pre-gunpowder game that used cannons, but the "gunners" were wizards and the cannons were focusing tubes, they amplified the damage and range of fireballs to act like a cannon.

• Like 13

9 hours ago, TGP said:

18 Gun Sloop-Of-War...

I was told that most injection molding machines want a mold to be no bigger than a 12x12 inch block of steel? Maybe that was just the limits for Thomas?

But it seems obvious that the ship is going to be a multi-mold process no matter what. But given that, it creates the opportunity to make different parts of the ship from different materials. Perhaps allowing it to be the Second Bones product* to created from different materials with each portion of the ship crafted from the optimum material for that component. 

*Wyrmgear was the first, right?

I had not read the update but just seeing the picture I figured Druid and Sapling Treeman?  That looks like an animated tree stump or section of tree trunk. But woodland apothecary works for me...

...nice art Izzy.

Izzy's dark elves are the only versions IMO that capture the absolute arrogance/broccoli-like appearance and demeanor that I would expect from dark elves. 

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, Adrift said:

Izzy's dark elves are the only versions IMO that capture the absolute arrogance/broccoli-like appearance and demeanor that I would expect from dark elves. 

What's funny is, I've painted up a bunch of regular elves to be my world's dark elves because I needed them for a campaign I'm running. I don't really need many more dark elves at this point, so I was actually planning on painting the Bones 4 and 5 Drow up as regular elves.

Edited by Disciple of Sakura
  • Like 3
  • Haha 6

9 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

That's a cool idea!

RE: gun ports on a fantasy ship----they're ballista ports.

If only we had some catapults, ballistas and trebuchets to go with that ship.

Oh wait.

Reaper you mad geniuses!

• Like 7
  • Haha 7

17 minutes ago, NyarlaBcn said:

It has been so excruciatingly slow though that I really hope for a reveal that can inspire, at least for just a day, another pledge festival. Just to cleanse the palate.

Still hoping for a tease of Greek 2 and something else upcoming. 

Sanjay

• Like 7