Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

ladystorm

1 hour ago, Fnordlover said:

The guns aren't a selling point for everyone. I'd be more likely to need a ship for a fantasy game where they'd be out of place. The guns worry me, since they seem so prominent that even if taking them out is an option the ship will still have gun ports down it's side. It does look better than the other one, though.

It's a pretty common trend that people look for late medieval / early Renaissance aesthetics for their character models, but seem to expect a more modern 17th/18th century look to for watercraft.

I attribute it to the popularity of cinematic pirate films set in that era. I'm not sure there is much for Reaper to do on that front though. This kind of ship is going to be way more popular than a 12th century cog. (It's also bigger and more impressive looking.)

• Like 9
  • Sad 1

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

Clearly, this is a tie in to the "encounter" scene, and meant to invoke Shelob from LotR.

I don't think even Sting would have made much of a dint in that one's hairy belly!  More like Ungoliant herself than Her Ladyship... 

Edited by Tordelback
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Interesting. That spider looks really angry.

We already have Cadirith from Bones 2, and the recent Emrith Kul spider set.

Anyone else want a giant spider family picnic diorama? Or make it a "Spider Grandma's birthday party"! Or a wedding between giant spiders with a dark elf priestess officiating.

It's wholesome fun for the family.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 16
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, klarg1 said:

It's a pretty common trend that people look for late medieval / early Renaissance aesthetics for their character models, but seem to expect a more modern 17th/18th century look to for watercraft.

I attribute it to the popularity of cinematic pirate films set in that era. I'm not sure there is much for Reaper to do on that front though. This kind of ship is going to be way more popular than a 12th century cog. (It's also bigger and more impressive looking.)

Sadly that Is why we aren't going to get it,ourselves. If it had been the 12th century cog we would have xD

This one is too big and too modern, hubby is a stickler that If we spend a lot on a ship model,it is going to look right

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

57864348c1d5b1262dba422fc436300f_original.thumb.jpg.fdf6c62821d4850873b2467f2dd5e740.jpg

Yeah, much as I want to put a top hat (and monocle) on the Catoblepas, I'm not getting the same urge for this guy. 

On the flipside though, that is one creepy spider that looks downright vicious, and I want a few.  Well done @TaleSpinner!

Now I'm curious how tall the thing is if it fits a 130mm diameter base... 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4