Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

ladystorm

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Dark Elves might be tomorrow's unlock.

I, personally, am looking forward to what's beyond the gigantic spider. At least it doesn't look like the tarantulas that roamed my college campus, too much butt and not enough hair. Also not enough chasing co-eds down the sidewalk*

*Yes this actually happened. Every year. Multiple times. You'd see this 20 year old girl run by screaming then look down and there's this tarantula with its forelegs up, scuttling in her general direction. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 19
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, NebulousMissy said:

I, personally, am looking forward to what's beyond the gigantic spider. At least it doesn't look like the tarantulas that roamed my college campus, too much butt and not enough hair. Also not enough chasing co-eds down the sidewalk*

*Yes this actually happened. Every year. Multiple times. You'd see this 20 year old girl run by screaming then look down and there's this tarantula with its forelegs up, scuttling in her general direction. 

... that seems like something there oughta be film of. 

Or that would make a good diorama.. >.>

I'm really liking the spider. Don't know if we're getting one, although Mr. Thorne said something like 'we could use a large weaver. Most large spider sculpts are wolf spiders of some sort' - and he's not wrong. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

14 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

Yes this actually happened. Every year. Multiple times. You'd see this 20 year old girl run by screaming then look down and there's this tarantula with its forelegs up, scuttling in her general direction. 

Uhm which school did you go to? 

Sanjay

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

Was in a Wally World earlier in the week and some woman was completely loosing it [very loudly] at the sight of the crepe paper and pipe cleaner spiders.  I finally yelled at her to get a grip.

GEM

Who has an extremely low tolerance for people who fall apart over trivialities.

Edited by Green Eyed Monster
tentacles
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 12

10 minutes ago, StarFyre said:

Uhm which school did you go to? 

Sanjay

top10_mascots_banana_alt.jpg

UC Santa Cruz

The campus is built into the side of a mountain spanning 3 separate biomes. Lower campus is a coastal grassland type biome with old rock quarries dotting the landscape. Full of tarantulas. Tarantulas are a migratory species, the males will move en masse in a big horny attempt to find females. Spider Season is a real thing in California, it's late August through November, the only geographic variable is the types of spiders. Some areas have tarantula migrations (just no), some have orange orb spiders that spin 20 foot orbs (they commonly catch sparrows), some have big fuzzy wolf spiders that just crawl around and bite (I have scars). Ugh.

No interest in spider minis. Them minis are life-size.

• Like 13
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 5

5 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Now that I think about it a little more...  I agree, dancing with a good sized top hat.  Don't know if I'd want to add a vest in there though, since I'd rather not hide the armour plates but hmmmmmm. We shall see if top hats on minis become a thing for me in 2021 *laughs nervously*

OOooooooh, now that you mention it...  Oh my, that'll be a nice encounter to say the least.  Poor poor tasty halfling appetizer....

I had just planned on painting her in the colors that singing spider in the shared YouTube link was wearing. No need for clothes!

Edited by redambrosia
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

top10_mascots_banana_alt.jpg

UC Santa Cruz

The campus is built into the side of a mountain spanning 3 separate biomes. Lower campus is a coastal grassland type biome with old rock quarries dotting the landscape. Full of tarantulas. Tarantulas are a migratory species, the males will move en masse in a big horny attempt to find females. Spider Season is a real thing in California, it's late August through November, the only geographic variable is the types of spiders. Some areas have tarantula migrations (just no), some have orange orb spiders that spin 20 foot orbs (they commonly catch sparrows), some have big fuzzy wolf spiders that just crawl around and bite (I have scars). Ugh.

No interest in spider minis. Them minis are life-size.

Glad my wife did not know.  We Santa Cruzed the Boardwalk last week on our way up the Pacific Coast Highway.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, ttuckerman said:

Glad my wife did not know.  We Santa Cruzed the Boardwalk last week on our way up the Pacific Coast Highway.

You were fine. I never knew the big spiders to hit the beach or even the city. They tended to stay up the mountain where the University is hidden. On campus is where you're likely to look down in your own dorm and see a tarantula walking across your floor*

* Also happened. My partner's dorm. The tarantula got confined to a plastic bin for 3 weeks. His name was Sneaky Pete. He got let go upon the end of the term.

• Like 8
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Corsair said:

I expect at least one sci-fi/modern expansion, Chronoscope mix similar to Bones 4. Or perhaps a couple of smaller Add on packs since they have mentioned a car.

They promised this go around we would get some nice additions to Chronoscope, keep watching for it to pop-up  -- for me if they do a good job I would be more excited than the ship.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, NyarlaBcn said:

Really... yet another spider... 

Wont lie, it looks nice, it may be my favourite Reaper spider yet; with that bloated abdomen a black widow comes to mind.

Shelob. :ph34r:

8 hours ago, Inarah said:

There have been a couple of high grossing movies in recent years which featured green ghostly figures.  I guess some folks think that is more interesting than grey or white.

Games Worship has heavily promoted the green is ghostly syndrome. 

8 hours ago, Inarah said:

DH said "meh" on the giant orb weaver, but I think the sculpt is quite nice. 

I do too. 

8 hours ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

Clearly, this is a tie in to the "encounter" scene, and meant to invoke Shelob from LotR.

I approve.

Yes Tolkien Spiders. Exactly. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I like spiders. Spiders are my friends because they eat bad bugs.

I may have captured a live spider to give to a D&D player when he had limited resources, and one of his spells required a live spider. I was going to look around the apartment for some shed spider husks, but those didn't look so great. I collected them anyway.

But then.... I went to brush my teeth. There was a cute, ~3/4 in diameter spider. Wolf spider maybe? A nice leggy one. Handsome spider. It was chilling on my toothbrush the night before the game.

I caught it in an empty spice jar, leaving enough space open for air but not to get through. Gave it to the player during the game, who was rather surprised. Oddly, the spider was not used for the spell I expected, but was useful in a different one. It was happily released.

We like spiders. Spiders are good.

Not sure I need a ridiculously sized spider. I mean, the cave spider is already super big. But..... chomping on halflings is fun, right?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3