Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

ladystorm

@TaleSpinner please don't take this the wrong way, because your creation is truly glorious. But. My brain is finding her somewhat terrifying and I don't think I could handle having her on my painting desk.

.... I just showed it to MrBoot and he wants you to know that he wants to get two. 

:zombie::zombie::zombie:

I told him I'm not painting them. :upside:

1 hour ago, NebulousMissy said:

Think of it this way. The more you get an arachnophobe to NOPE out of there, the better looking your spider must be :;,;:

^This. :lol:

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

• Like 3
  • Haha 17

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

I have the cave spider, its about half the size this one will be maybe less. I have to double check, but I’m pretty sure the abdomen alone will be 2 to 2.5 inches in diameter. Total length of the body from fangs to bum should be around 4 in. Maybe a bit more.   I’ll check the measurements tomorrow. 

As for the Shelob references, ...I mean it’s not like I’ve read LOTR 17 times or anything.

Not sure on the Shelob vs Ungoliant question, Tolkien wasn’t always clear on size. @Loim is a better Silmarillion scholar than I.

I’m glad you all are liking her. Sorry to the arachnophobes.

Gotta give a lot of credit to Ron though, he really pushed me to be better with this one than I would have done alone. 

I’d say she’s Shelob sized. Ungoliant was described as mountainously huge (until she ate herself). You’d at least need to double the size of that spider to do her justice.

I imagine a spider 10+ inches around would probably scare everyone away from the Kickstarter though :rolleyes: 

• Like 7
  • Haha 4

51 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

@TaleSpinner please don't take this the wrong way, because your creation is truly glorious. But. My brain is finding her somewhat terrifying and I don't think I could handle having her on my painting desk.

.... I just showed it to MrBoot and he wants you to know that he wants to get two. 

:zombie::zombie::zombie:

I told him I'm not painting them. :upside:

^This. :lol:

Huzzah! 

So, is the new place big enough for Mr. Boot to have his own paint desk??

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, TripleH said:

So, is the new place big enough for Mr. Boot to have his own paint desk??

Technically yes, but he really has no interest in painting. I did eventually coax him into painting a Bones table several months ago, but that's as far as it's gone. 

I on the other hand have an entire painting room to myself now, and it's glorious. :wub:

Huzzah! 

• Like 20

Curious about this new spider.  Will there be a support underneath? If so can the spider be removed from it,  to allow for easier underbelly painting. One thing that is annoying is retail cave spider is stuck on the stalagmite. I'm  not sure if KS spider was seperate. 

• Like 5

Lots of people have been spamming the comments of the Kickstarter with their wish lists for minis.

Does Reaper pull the ideas for the "fan favorites" minis from the "Bones You'd Like to See" thread on the forum, or do they pull them from the comments of the Kickstarter?

Edited by criticalhit
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, criticalhit said:

Lots of people have been spamming the comments of the Kickstarter with their wish lists for minis.

Does Reaper pull the ideas for the "fan favorites" minis from the "Bones You'd Like to See" thread on the forum, or do they pull them from the comments of the Kickstarter?

Mostly from the Forum thread, they need time to work on concept art and then have it sculpted and such, comments in the KS might lead to ideas for the next KS I guess.

I have looked at the current KS and I believe Reaper has listened well to wishes uttered in the Bones you'd like to see thread!

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, criticalhit said:

At this point a bit of both.

Reaper does compile a list from the Bones You’d Like To See thread here on the forum,  which is where a lot of the concepts for the minis you are seeing 3D prints of and renders come from, but they also pay some attention to the comments on kickstarter and other social media.

Hence the Dire Cabbage.

Edited by Darsc Zacal
  • Like 7

I'm still really looking for fey. In the Bones we'd like to see Thread that took off with people coming up with ideas for a whole fey expansion, but expansion slots seem to be full. I hope in a Fan Favorites expansion we'd see a few of the smaller, pixie sized fey for summoning and general decoration in Bones Black. 

I have a soft spot for everything fey, I really need to run a campaign in the fey realms (along a coast most likely, got a ship to justify :lol:)

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

So we've had lots of spiders now... perhaps let's return to the Greek expansion next? please please please? Also, I have upped my pledge by another $100 but I am not sold on the dark depths expansion.... yet... give us a spoiler about what it might contain and I might buy one of them too....

• Like 4

2 hours ago, haldir said:

Curious about this new spider.  Will there be a support underneath? If so can the spider be removed from it,  to allow for easier underbelly painting. One thing that is annoying is retail cave spider is stuck on the stalagmite. I'm  not sure if KS spider was seperate. 

She’s free standing, with no base attachment at all. She has 5 contact points: 4 legs and her abdomen just touches the ground. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 13

5 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

She’s free standing, with no base attachment at all. She has 5 contact points: 4 legs and her abdomen just touches the ground. 

Thanks, good to know.

One of the things that bothered me with the cave spider was the way it is attached to the base making painting the belly and the base quite difficult.

Your new Spider looks awesome!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Number Based on 0500-0600 Reaper time today:
Current Total Pledges: $1,920,099
Current Total Backers: 14,659
Next Goal At $1,945,000
To go to Next Goal $24,901
Hours to next goal based on gains this hour: 33.0
Hours to next goal based on 24h Avg: 17.2

Gain in last Hour: $754
New Backers This Hour: 4
Total Gain Today: $5,380
Total Gain 24 Hours: $34,756
Average Hourly Pledges Today: $769
Average Hourly Pledges 24 Hours: $1,448
Current Average Pledge: $130.98
Average Hourly Backers Today: 5.6
Average Hourly Backers 24 Hours: 8.8
Previous Hour Total Pledges: $1,919,345
Previous Hour Total Backers: 14,655
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 5

Number Based on 0600-0700 Reaper time today:
Current Total Pledges: $1,921,506
Current Total Backers: 14,662
Next Goal At $1,945,000
To go to Next Goal $23,494
Hours to next goal based on gains this hour: 16.7
Hours to next goal based on 24h Avg: 15.8

Gain in last Hour: $1,407
New Backers This Hour: 3
Total Gain Today: $6,787
Total Gain 24 Hours: $35,618
Average Hourly Pledges Today: $848
Average Hourly Pledges 24 Hours: $1,484
Current Average Pledge: $131.05
Average Hourly Backers Today: 5.3
Average Hourly Backers 24 Hours: 8.8
Previous Hour Total Pledges: $1,920,099
Previous Hour Total Backers: 14,659

And with this, I'm off to work. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 8

I wished they would put a price tag on the ship, I'm sure it would help.

Also, since they already have to cast the ship's guns, please add one of those guns as a separate add on like the catapult?

I'm sure many gamers/collectors would buy those guns while only a few will buy the whole ship.

• Like 16