Jump to content
ladystorm

Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

Recommended Posts

51 minutes ago, Evilhalfling said:

 

To be fair I have always thought exactly the same thing looking at Axe-beak/terror birds. 

such a lovely concept  (pre-historic apex predator,  who reigned for 30k + years?)  but it just looks so dumb. 

I just want artists to start making them look like Chocobos. 

images.jpg.983290c47631c19fd605679b2d4f9348.jpg

Edited by Disciple of Sakura
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Evilhalfling said:

 

To be fair I have always thought exactly the same thing looking at Axe-beak/terror birds. 

such a lovely concept  (pre-historic apex predator,  who reigned for 30k + years?)  but it just looks so dumb. 

 

 

Really?

I love them.

 

image.png.18c7526a0258e4d2d5ee83c659674a7a.png

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nope still think they look silly. 

Checked the terror birds on Wikipedia was off by a few decimals: Habitat South America, 68 million - 1.5 million  BC.

I have one from Lost Valley expansion but will never paint it, I should just move it to a give-away box. 

 

As for the greek expansion, went back over the earlier part of the thread - 

a Cerberus was mentioned in the display case at Reapercon,  and a Hippogriff (not sure if hippogriff is really greek) 

everything else we have seen.  

I think this expansion is more of stuff to pick up in retail (bronze golem is a must-have for me) 

- similar to the Dayaimo expansion & its gate and dragon. 

 

The Giants are good, but I am learning they are not my fav things to paint. 

I have unfinished Frost and Fire Giants on my desk right now.   Frost Giant is part of my goals for this month, im 3 hrs in,  and I keep getting distracted. 

 

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm looking at that Hercules figure and thinking that looks a lot like a greek fellow I used to work with. Big beard, curly hair, barrel chested. Put him in a lion skin and he could have been the model for that piece. For me, I'm not going to have any problems imagining that mini as a greek hero. For my money that's a great addition to the set. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

I just want artists to start making them look like Chocobos. 

images.jpg.983290c47631c19fd605679b2d4f9348.jpg

Funny you should mention that... Modding one of Reaper's for that purpose right now.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, redambrosia said:

Yeah, I always want the terror birds to be friendly chocobos. One of these days I may mod one too.

If you've played Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions, you'd know that chocobos are anything but friendly. They're the most dangerous predators in the game...

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Thoramel said:

I'm looking at that Hercules figure and thinking that looks a lot like a greek fellow I used to work with. Big beard, curly hair, barrel chested. Put him in a lion skin and he could have been the model for that piece. For me, I'm not going to have any problems imagining that mini as a greek hero. For my money that's a great addition to the set. 

 

He also looks not unlike Nigel Green from Jason & the Argonauts, which may be the intention. 

DtbctfYWkAAJqgx.jpg

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

If you've played Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions, you'd know that chocobos are anything but friendly. They're the most dangerous predators in the game...

Just because one is a dangerous, vicious predator doesn’t mean they aren’t still friendly. I mean, I think bears are friendly, but they’d still eat me.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, redambrosia said:

Just because one is a dangerous, vicious predator doesn’t mean they aren’t still friendly. I mean, I think bears are friendly, but they’d still eat me.

Yea I mean...humans can be friendly to chickens and cows....but Im still gonna eat em...

  • Haha 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Tordelback said:

 

He also looks not unlike Nigel Green from Jason & the Argonauts, which may be the intention. 

DtbctfYWkAAJqgx.jpg

I did not originally read the section you quoted, so I thought you were still talking about chocobos... And I was CONFUSED.

  • Haha 17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Sanael said:

I did not originally read the section you quoted, so I thought you were still talking about chocobos... And I was CONFUSED.

 

They guy on the left looks like he is TOTALLY into bearded dudes...

 

That aside, I've heard it mentioned by the guys on Twitch that if certain conditions are met they will be  giving away a full set  of paints.  I missed the details, anyone else hear that and know the specifics?

 

Thanks.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Rignes said:

 

They guy on the left looks like he is TOTALLY into bearded dudes...

 

That aside, I've heard it mentioned by the guys on Twitch that if certain conditions are met they will be  giving away a full set  of paints.  I missed the details, anyone else hear that and know the specifics?

 

Thanks.

Giving away to someone on Twitch, or giving away as in being part of the Core?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By thedespot29
      Microworld Games (which I run) has their first Kickstarter ever live:
       
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/microworld-games/6mm-fantasy-crusader-kingdom/
       

       

       

       

       
      All stretch goals have been met, with a bit less than 2 weeks to go.  I know 6mm fantasy is a bit of a niche within a niche, but thought I would post for anyone interested in element-based mass battle wargaming.  I'm hoping the KS platform enables me to push out more interesting projects a bit quicker.
    • By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/limbominiatures/limbo-saga-of-noadin
       
      New 75mm Campaign
      We have plans to launch the newest 75mm campaign which will not only feature some of the 75mm models from this campaign but also 7 brand new models. Below you will find our teaser image of 4 of the new models. 
       

    • By zemjw
      Not figure related, but hopefully of use to folks wanting to generate characters and backstory
       
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rdpsyche/reckless-deck-psyche
       
       

       
      Way over funded and 21 days to go.
    • By Chris Palmer
      I backed the first Killer Rabbit Kickstarter and really enjoyed the figures.  A follow up one was just announced by Skull and Crown on Facebook: 
      Direct Link to the Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/skullandcrown/killer-rabbits-2-who-letteth-the-hounds-out/description

    • By GamerPrincess
      OMG!  Jason Weibe helped create the new Dwarven line being released on Kickstarter by Tomb Guardians!  These minis look so cool and they are cheap!  I haven't seen anyone post about this yet but here is the link.  It starts tomorrow morning.  They also said Bobby Jackson and Gene Van Horne created there monsters in the set.  Cant wait.   I purchased there Amazons and they were fantastic!  I posted some pics.  Im assuming the Fire Demon and add ons are in Resin.  
       
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tombguardians/28mm-fantasy-dwarven-miniature-collection-ii/edit/preview
       
      Gamerprincess
       
       


  • Who's Online   8 Members, 1 Anonymous, 31 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...