Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ladystorm

Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

 

We've never seen him without his helmet...just saying.

For all we know, Sir Forscale is a legendary hero, when he dies another loyal Knight is chosen to fulfill his role.

All in secrecy of course to maintain the legend of him being immortal.

It's considered an honour to be chosen, eventhough it means a certain death.

 

I had painted up Sir Hue Forscale as a brilliantly-created construct by yours truly.

 

1 hour ago, PaganMegan said:

Ugh.

 

Between Pingo's daughter and Grumpy I have the theme from The Mighty Hercules stuck in my head.

 

And I NEVER SAW the show!

 

https://youtu.be/M16jOVC5kpA?list=PLDb22nlVXGgeoPb-HBWwzEeoAwDvckSrC

 

This, I saw.

 

 

You need to watch all of them! That way you get to see the most annoying character, Newton. "Herc! Herc!" ::P:

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ironregime said:

...a couple obelisks and ruins, ...

 

2 hours ago, ksbsnowowl said:

How 'bout a 4-inch ring with 9 chevrons and 39 glyph-like symbols on an inner track?

 

2 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

 

ooohhhh I like that!

 

2 hours ago, Crowley said:

Yes please!

 

2 hours ago, Fnordlover said:

Talespinner designed a great portal for Bones 4 Fan Favorites.

 

I'm just gonna leave these here:

 

IMG_955.thumb.jpg.ce9fb7d3bf1768c2a75302214487a441.jpg

 

B323A929-E729-41C1-88CC-3560731BF667.thumb.jpeg.ac38b9baca20ac4cf9fc391c554dee1b.jpeg

 

7775C1D2-BA23-4783-A0CE-CAD2DE97F7A8.thumb.jpeg.e08bca4ad2731bafa9b4550114e7326f.jpeg

  • Like 14
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Is it just me, or does everyone else see faces in the runes as well?

Yah, I see a few faces:) Quite Halloweeny at that:)

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Inarah said:

 

I think the object is to get word out about the KS.  Big prize tell your friends, all of them. Some might watch the stream and pledge.  The key is to keep promoting Bones 5. 

 

 

No, the paint set is for the twitch subscriber goal.  While this is tangentially related to the kickstarter, the paint prize itself is for that specific goal and Reaper Justin mentioned the open window for entries specifically to allow viewers from any time zone to get the word and enter.  The problem arises when this prize goes up, for an extended period, with no qualifications except that somebody A:  Be a twitch user and B: show up long enough to type "#free".  With $1500+ of free stuff (actually probably closer to $2000), no qualifications, and an open window that large there is a significant chance it will attract people with no interest in the kickstarter, or the stream, or even the hobby at all to show up and enter.  This is, particularly, a problem because the paint set was a lure to get people to work towards this goal to unlock this reward - and should the winner pool get grossly inflated by entrants who had nothing to do with reaching the goal, or even care that it existed at all, this reduces the chances of every person who DID work to achieve the goal - a fact that I imagine would make a lot of said regular participants pretty damn salty about the whole thing.  

 

I should note here that I'm not planning to even enter for the giveaway, on the grounds that I'm already freshly supplied with lots of paint and thus while it's a nice package it's not as useful to me as it might be to another entrant.  I don't need incentive to promote Reaper, I do it of my own free will because they've been exceptionally good to me.  I note this so it's clear I'm not pointing out the above in order to advance my own odds and self-interest.  This is not a dragon figure or a pack of pathfinder paints.  This is the whole paint line - and that's going to be a lot more attractive, in terms of effort v risk, for somebody who might only want it in order to hock it on eBay.  

  • Like 9
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:
9 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

Yay that means I get to bring out all the corny Menhir jokes at the table again ::P:

How many could there possibly be?

 

Mostly one but with different set dressings.

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

 

No, the paint set is for the twitch subscriber goal.  While this is tangentially related to the kickstarter, the paint prize itself is for that specific goal and Reaper Justin mentioned the open window for entries specifically to allow viewers from any time zone to get the word and enter.  The problem arises when this prize goes up, for an extended period, with no qualifications except that somebody A:  Be a twitch user and B: show up long enough to type "#free".  With $1500+ of free stuff (actually probably closer to $2000), no qualifications, and an open window that large there is a significant chance it will attract people with no interest in the kickstarter, or the stream, or even the hobby at all to show up and enter.  This is, particularly, a problem because the paint set was a lure to get people to work towards this goal to unlock this reward - and should the winner pool get grossly inflated by entrants who had nothing to do with reaching the goal, or even care that it existed at all, this reduces the chances of every person who DID work to achieve the goal - a fact that I imagine would make a lot of said regular participants pretty damn salty about the whole thing.  

 

I should note here that I'm not planning to even enter for the giveaway, on the grounds that I'm already freshly supplied with lots of paint and thus while it's a nice package it's not as useful to me as it might be to another entrant.  I don't need incentive to promote Reaper, I do it of my own free will because they've been exceptionally good to me.  I note this so it's clear I'm not pointing out the above in order to advance my own odds and self-interest.  This is not a dragon figure or a pack of pathfinder paints.  This is the whole paint line - and that's going to be a lot more attractive, in terms of effort v risk, for somebody who might only want it in order to hock it on eBay.  

 

I keep missing the details in Twitch.  What exactly do we have to do to qualify for an entry?  I'm a relatively new painter and would like to throw my name in the hat for a chance at a ton of paints.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

This kickstarter needs more translucent purple. 

 

Not the Kickstarter, but if you make a $40 order at reaper this month, you get a free Ghoulie bag which has a translucent purple female wraith in it. 

 

5 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

Yay that means I get to bring out all the corny Menhir jokes at the table again ::P:

 

Examples, please.  I often have menhirs in my game, so...

 

I'm half watching Monday's Twitch stream on YouTube, and they released the concept art for the 15k backer reward that will be added to the core set. It IS a three headed troll, but it is not the joke one with Dave's, Ron's, & Ed's faces. (They DID show concept art for the joke troll over the weekend, and said Monday that it will be cast in metal eventually).

 

Here's the real 15k backer mini:

 

image.thumb.jpeg.8e625492b744027702fdd606fa376a83.jpeg

 

Sorry for the quality; I was watching on the Smart TV, so just took a photo of the screen. 

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rignes said:

 

I keep missing the details in Twitch.  What exactly do we have to do to qualify for an entry?  I'm a relatively new painter and would like to throw my name in the hat for a chance at a ton of paints.

 

Show up and type "#free" at the appointed time.  On Thursdays (and today, in about an hour) there are regular shows with giveaways.  Show up at any time while it's live before the end draw and type "#free".  That's it, all you gotta do.  

 

This is usually a good system, and I like that it's not limited to subscribers only.  For the big paint set, they haven't officially announced the plan - but presuming it is an announced window then when they say its from X time to Y time then show up and enter "#free" and you're in.  Good luck, and if you win 'em I hope you enjoy 'em!

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ksbsnowowl said:

 

Not the Kickstarter, but if you make a $40 order at reaper this month, you get a free Ghoulie bag which has a translucent purple female wraith in it. 

yep. I have that one.

I just always want more translucent in these things. you can always paint over to make it solid, but you can't make solid become translucent 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ksbsnowowl said:

 

I'm half watching Monday's Twitch stream on YouTube, and they released the concept art for the 15k backer reward that will be added to the core set. It IS a three headed troll, but it is not the joke one with Dave's, Ron's, & Ed's faces. (They DID show concept art for the joke troll over the weekend, and said Monday that it will be cast in metal eventually).

 

hoping it's something that would stay in production or at least have a pretty sizeable production run and not something very limited in availability.....

Edited by Cygnwulf
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Disciple of Sakura
      http://kck.st/2OP1igG
       
      Kobolds Vs. Goblins is a game designed, tested, built and played by my son Max and me (You saw him in the video).  The concept was something we came up with for a contest on The Game Crafter using roll & write mechanics.  What we ended up making was a fast and fun game that can be played by people of any age.  It's quick and easy to learn and setup is as easy as opening the box. 
       Max and I decided that people shouldn't be forced to buy our game just to play it.  So, you are free to download the full color print and play version of the game using this link.   FREE PRINT AND PLAY  (including solo mode) You'll need 6 normal D6 dice and something to mark the paper.  (For prototyping, we used clear cubes, but pencil with eraser will work also)
       
       
       






      I'll admit... I have no idea how those of you who share KS from others include all the details and fancy stuff. I clearly didn't do this correctly. Munchkin Metropolis traditionally does woodcrafting, and I've been very satisfied with the quality and production time that's come from my prior interactions with him. Figured I'd try and get the word out about his current KS, which he developed with his son.
    • By brushmistress
      A message from Secret Weapon:
       
      Big news time everyone!
      As many of our pledgers know, we need to adjust the Kickstarter - On the positive, we have a good amount of backers and we know that MANY of you are waiting to up your pledges. We have had a really positive response to the product itself, and lots of interest on the customer and retail side. We deeply appreciate this and your support.
      BUT - we have a good amount of backers who are opting to wait on their $1 pledge. This is entirely our fault. We caused this when we locked our core offering behind stretch goals. There is no single item that is core. ALL the options are core. We made it so that many of you had to wait around to buy what you already knew they wanted.
      That's a big boo boo, but it was made with the best of intentions. The system was set up so that there was no mandatory amount, and you added what you wanted and nothing more. We thought that this was better for the customer, but it quickly became obvious the vast majority of backers want jump-in points at set amounts like a usual KS... and weren't entirely sure about a pledge manager that was open during the campaign.
      So, what are we going to do to fix this for you?
      We are going to close the campaign, and relaunch it next week. That sucks and it's embarrassing. But ultimately everything else that happens is great for EVERYONE, because this is what happens next:
      1.) ALL themes will be shown and unlocked right off the bat. If you want Urban Streets or Infinity, you just go get it, no hoops or delays to choosing what you want. You also know exactly what is on offer.
      2.) There will be pledge levels: $50(+), $100(+) and $200(+). The 100 dollar + level will include a set of 3 weathering pigments (really really good ones too - Burning Sands, Dark Earth, and Rust Orange), and the 200 dollar + level will be the pigment set, and a set of 3 genuinely awesome paints. Secret Weapon's Rubber Highlight, Rubber and Tire Black, our most popular colors! At the end of the campaign you will use the Pledge Manager, as usual, to make whatever specific choices you want based on your KS pledge. The Pledge Manger will be available during the campaign for those that would like help figuring out a total pledge level, but that is optional, and you can wait until the end of the campaign to sign up.
      3.) Each of the $50(+), $100(+) and $200(+) pledge levels will have 3 shipping zone options
      Americas, Europe (NOT UK)
      AU, NZ, Asia, Pacific
      United Kingdom (NOT Europe)
      4.) Any extra themes that are developed during the course of the KS will be added immediately, no stretch, we just give you the option as soon as it is available.
      There will be 17 themes live at the time of launch, which doesn't count the licensed product from Corvus Belli and CMON Zombiecide.
      PICTURE TIME

    • By zemjw
      Saw this mentioned in one of my feeds this morning. Looks quite interesting and is already very funded, with a load of stretch goals unlocked
       
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mccaskellgames/starlight-2/description
       
       
    • By Clearman
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/215688918/gilded-sails-3d-printed-ships-for-the-anglo-dutch-wars
       
      Looks interesting.  Lots of pics on the campaign page.
    • By Marvin
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/huntersbooks/altered-carbon-the-role-playing-game/description
       
       
      Altered Carbon: The Role Playing Game
       
      Official tabletop RPG based on the hit neo-noir cyberpunk Netflix series and award-winning novel of the same name.
       

       
      Working alongside Skydance Television and the incredible team behind the hit Netflix TV series, we’re excited to immerse you in the neon-drenched cyberpunk sandbox of Altered Carbon with our official tabletop RPG.
       

       
      In this transhumanist vision of the future, the human mind is nothing more than digital code – Digital Human Freight – saved and stored in a Cortical Stack, advanced technology that allows you to “re-sleeve” your entire consciousness into a new body. You can wear any body you can afford, transmit your mind across the cosmos in an instant, and, if you’ve got the credits and political cachet, you can re-sleeve time and again for centuries, accumulating enough wealth and power over the millennia to become the societal equivalent of an immortal god.
       
      Whereas character death is a natural occurrence and ever-present threat in tabletop RPGs, Altered Carbon: The Role Playing Game offers a unique angle on the concept. As opposed to creating a brand new character, players will have the opportunity to transfer their character’s consciousness, memories, and experiences into new Sleeves post-death… but at a cost.
       
      Mind you, immortality is not invincibility. Losing a Sleeve is a life-altering setback, and “Real Death” awaits anyone whose Stack is destroyed. That being said, Sleeves introduce their own refreshing challenges to players and storytellers alike. Augmentations can instantly upgrade your athleticism, but a world-class surgeon in an unadjusted Sleeve can botch a basic procedure. The possibilities for characters and campaigns may change from one Sleeve to the next… making long-term gameplay more versatile, while empowering the story to steer character advancement at its own pace.
       
       
       
       
      Just about a day left on this. I just learned of it today, and I've been suckered in for a book and a GM screen. Big fan of the series, intrigued by the actual game, so.
  • Who's Online   22 Members, 2 Anonymous, 28 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...