ladystorm

Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

16 minutes ago, rubegon said:

<sigh> alrighty then.  Gotta figure out how I’m going to do this now.

Do they always announce the minis ahead of time, like on the 1st of the month?  Is there no free December mini until this starts, or will there be a different BB freebie before/after 12 days?

Do the only let you buy them after the 12 days?  So I couldn’t, say, order a few of them on days 10, 11 & 12 with extra stuff to get to $40 and thus get the last 3 free with those orders?

They usually announce the line up at the beginning of December. In years where there has been a monthly freebe, they had a December freebe. Last year you could buy them after the 12 days was up, not during. No, you could not buy them during the promotion.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Also adding this to the report...

Backers to beat Bones 1 2,707
Days to hit Bones 1 based on 24 hour average 22.0
Backers to beat Bones 2 -12
Backers to beat Bones 3 -1510
Backers to beat Bones 4 1223
Days to hit Bones 4 based on 24 hour average 9.9
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Chris Palmer said:

Less than $5000 now!

And only 22 more backers needed!

Amd, yes, I believe there will be a Bones Black freebie in Dec as well...

And... if I’m not mistaken they’ve done a December-long Stocking promotion as well that has Figures, paint, and a Reaper ornament in It! 

And if you are lucky, some coal!  ::D:

• Like 4
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 1

Question guys and gals; I had to downgrade my pledge a bit to accommodate an unexpected trip and having to get some minis sorted out and bought for Christmas presents. So, how long does the pledge manager usually run for? I'm still in for a core set, but I definitely want add-ons, especially the ship, but it looks like I'd have to wait for tax time to do most of my adding on. apologies if someone's already covered this. 

• Like 4

Just now, BrokenWolf668 said:

Question guys and gals; I had to downgrade my pledge a bit to accommodate an unexpected trip and having to get some minis sorted out and bought for Christmas presents. So, how long does the pledge manager usually run for? I'm still in for a core set, but I definitely want add-ons, especially the ship, but it looks like I'd have to wait for tax time to do most of my adding on. apologies if someone's already covered this. 

I expect the pledge manager to be open for the better part of a year.

It'll in all likelihood be open at tax time. And for months after tax time. You should be fine ::D:

• Like 7

Yep, around a year.  Reaper keeps it open for as along as possible while they work out all their pre-production factors.  It isn’t until near the end, when they have to give the factories final production numbers that they finally close it.

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

I expect the pledge manager to be open for the better part of a year.

It'll in all likelihood be open at tax time. And for months after tax time. You should be fine ::D:

12 minutes ago, Chris Palmer said:

Yep, around a year.  Reaper keeps it open for as along as possible while they work out all their pre-production factors.  It isn’t until near the end, when they have to give the factories final production numbers that they finally close it.

Awesome, glad to hear that and thanks!

• Like 4

From the campaign page:

(quote)

YOUR BACKER RESPONSIBILITY IN THIS KICKSTARTER

If you do not log in and confirm your pledge in the Reaper Pledge Manager by August 31, 2020 you agree that we have fulfilled our obligations to you in full for payment or donations received. However, we may, at our discretion, refund or ship your pledge if you contact us and confirm your pledge after August 31, 2020.

Unconfirmed pledges make it difficult for us to plan production and logistics. If you confirm your pledge late (after April 30, 2021) some items may not still be available. This means that part, if not all, of your rewards may not be available and/or your pledge may be forfeit.

(End quote)

So it looks like a soft close on April 30 (6 months), and a hard close on Aug 31 (10 months). Also note that Reaper DID extend the pledge manager for 1 month (at backer request) for Bones 4. Could happen again, but I would not count on it.

Just noticed the date in the second bit is 2021. Emailed Reaper to ask, I will share the response.

Edited by Skallabjorn
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

They posted another recorded interview today with Jason Wiebe and another sculptor by the last name Lewis (sorry, didn't catch his name), and they mentioned some stuff that hasn't been hinted at yet.

The Dark Depths set will apparently have a Sea Dragon (well, they didn't say it would be in that expansion; it might end up an add-on, I suppose).  And there is something with a beak and covered in sea weed.  The Eye of the Deep is officially called a Fathom Tyrant (which is only going to be about the size of a golf ball, apparently).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7

24 minutes ago, ksbsnowowl said:

They posted another recorded interview today with Jason Wiebe and another sculptor by the last name Lewis (sorry, didn't catch his name), and they mentioned some stuff that hasn't been hinted at yet.

Almost certainly Chris Lewis

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, Skallabjorn said:

From the campaign page:

(quote)

YOUR BACKER RESPONSIBILITY IN THIS KICKSTARTER

If you do not log in and confirm your pledge in the Reaper Pledge Manager by August 31, 2020 you agree that we have fulfilled our obligations to you in full for payment or donations received. However, we may, at our discretion, refund or ship your pledge if you contact us and confirm your pledge after August 31, 2020.

Unconfirmed pledges make it difficult for us to plan production and logistics. If you confirm your pledge late (after April 30, 2021) some items may not still be available. This means that part, if not all, of your rewards may not be available and/or your pledge may be forfeit.

(End quote)

So it looks like a soft close on April 30 (6 months), and a hard close on Aug 31 (10 months). Also note that Reaper DID extend the pledge manager for 1 month (at backer request) for Bones 4. Could happen again, but I would not count on it.

Just noticed the date in the second bit is 2021. Emailed Reaper to ask, I will share the response.

Well, April 2021 is the estimated delivery date. So, maybe if you contact them after that they will still try to fufill but cant guarantee they will have everything on hand to be able to deliver. 

ESTIMATED DELIVERYApr 2021

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

A:  Be a twitch user and B: show up long enough to type "#free".  With $1500+ of free stuff (actually probably closer to $2000), no qualifications, and an open window that large there is a significant chance it will attract people with no interest in the kickstarter, or the stream, or even the hobby at all to show up and enter.

Ironically the high dollar value kills the ability for me to enter the contest.

A package with a value of close to $2000 US is sure to attract the attention of Canada Customs as far as charging customs duties, taxes, and whatever handling fees that they feel are applicable.

I’m guessing that will come to at least around $300. I honestly can’t afford to win right now.:down:

• Sad 18