Jump to content

Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread


ladystorm

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Darsc Zacal said:

Ironically the high dollar value kills the ability for me to enter the contest.

A package with a value of close to $2000 US is sure to attract the attention of Canada Customs as far as charging customs duties, taxes, and whatever handling fees that they feel are applicable.

 

I’m guessing that will come to at least around $300. I honestly can’t afford to win right now.:down:

I was going to be all "my estimates show closer to $150 CAD to cross the border" but then I remembered you guys have PST and we don't...  Wow.  Winning that would be awesome, but also kind of painful if assessed at full value, even if it were a prize winning. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

How much do you think the Scions might retail for?

 

I like the catfish dude but not sure how much they will be at retail, at their size

 

Yea...I am tempted to break my 'no pledging for concept art' rule on this one in hopes the catfish guy is done well

At a guess? ~$8 each? 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Inarah said:

Elementals look ok.  Want to see some sculpting and not just concept art, though. 

 

3-headed giant is something I don't need or want, but it's apparently making other people happy to fork out cash. 

 

I would want to convert him to a Pythonesque 3 Head giant. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Adrift said:

Why the male Efreeti gotta look just like the female version I already have 3 of...

 

I think a domineering pose, arms crossed with his sword sheathed across his back would be awesome! Or maybe a fireball in one hand...

Or they could use the male efreeti they already have. 

https://www.reapermini.com/search/Efreeti

 

10 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

How much do you think the Scions might retail for?

 

I like the catfish dude but not sure how much they will be at retail, at their size

 

Yea...I am tempted to break my 'no pledging for concept art' rule on this one in hopes the catfish guy is done well

probably about what the gals from bones 4 go for... Nvm. They aren’t in the store :rolleyes:

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Darsc Zacal said:

So we need to petition Reaper for a shrubbery.

Isn't that what the Dire Cabbage is for?

 

I like the efreeti and would love to have a "matched" pair.  The fish-guy is very interesting, 

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Corsair said:

Did anyone ever do one of her up as Barbara Eden?

Not yet.

I did use the Jim Beam/Jeannie Bottle from the TV Show as the bottle for my diorama.  The one I acquired was already painted blue so I used that as my key color and inspiration for the overall color scheme.

Beam made the bottle for decades so there are a lot of them out there.

GEM

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sirithiliel said:

.I am tempted to break my 'no pledging for concept art' rule on this one in hopes the catfish guy is done well

I'm mostly concerned about who the sculptor is. Reaper's sculptors are absolutely fantastic working off Izzy's concepts. Most of the issues I've ever had with concept-to-sculpt in Bones has had to do with production (e.g., Argent), not the sculpt.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Sanael said:

I'm mostly concerned about who the sculptor is. Reaper's sculptors are absolutely fantastic working off Izzy's concepts. Most of the issues I've ever had with concept-to-sculpt in Bones has had to do with production (e.g., Argent), not the sculpt.

 

My issues have also been very minor. I can only think of 2 from bones 4, and I was all in for the minis except for the Spartan/Amazon statues, which have grown on me, I will probably be getting retail,( D'oh!) and the modern scenics. One was the switch on the female in Rulers of hell from a lefty to a righty. No big deal. The other was when someone forgot to send the STL file for the base on the Maggotcrown Bonesack, as that mini (IMO) really NEEDS a base. Again, no big deal. The Frost Giant Raider changes did not bother me, nor did the alteration to Argent. Can't think of any others that departed too radically from the concept/renders shown in campaign.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, WhiteWulfe said:

I was going to be all "my estimates show closer to $150 CAD to cross the border" but then I remembered you guys have PST and we don't...  Wow.  Winning that would be awesome, but also kind of painful if assessed at full value, even if it were a prize winning. 

 

Prizes have additional tax rules.  I don't know what those are but I do know that $1000 canadian of Reapercon stuff cost me $160 with customs.  At ~ 400 paints that's maybe $1800 canadian, so about $220 taxes off the back of my hand estimate. Prize tax rules afaik are provincial, so $220 is probably a fair estimate for most canadians even if normal import assessments just do the gst.

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

 

Prizes have additional tax rules.  I don't know what those are but I do know that $1000 canadian of Reapercon stuff cost me $160 with customs.  At ~ 400 paints that's maybe $1800 canadian, so about $220 taxes off the back of my hand estimate. Prize tax rules afaik are provincial, so $220 is probably a fair estimate for most canadians even if normal import assessments just do the gst.

 

I thought there was some rule about lotteries for Canadians requiring a skill component as well, though perhaps that doesn't apply for lotteries not run in Canada or by a Canadian company.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...