Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

ladystorm

9 minutes ago, ksbsnowowl said:

Edit:  The next revealed stretch goal will be a new expansion, so they will have 3 different Expansions interlacing.

Good.  A new Expansion will get a few thousand folks throwing $50 at the Kickstarter, which should help push us along some more...

• Like 6

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Smokestack said:

Twitch made it sound like they may only do ship in translucent... but you can always paint it if you dont want translucent... That means it will be a pass from me. Not confirmed yet, but that comment did not sound promising... 

Kind of agree. I just want a big broccoli playable ship with no weirdness so I can enjoy it while it takes me forever to paint it

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Corsair said:

We need equality for trolls! A three headed troll with women's heads! And then one with two of one gender and one of the other. This discrimination against tri-trolls must end!

With one with different sexes, it would be as easy encounter thou, as the heads would be arguing with each other enough that they couldn't get any attacks vs the PCs!!! :huh:..............:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Just now, dschumm said:

Kind of agree. I just want a big broccoli playable ship with no weirdness so I can enjoy it while it takes me forever to paint it

Yeah, a tan color would be fairly usable right out of the box (well, after assembly).  I'll still get a clear one, but it will make it much less usable until it is painted.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Chris Palmer said:

Good.  A new Expansion will get a few thousand folks throwing $50 at the Kickstarter, which should help push us along some more...

Wise words, yet I'm vibrating internally to find out what's in Greek part 3!

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, Smokestack said:

Twitch made it sound like they may only do ship in translucent... but you can always paint it if you dont want translucent... That means it will be a pass from me. Not confirmed yet, but that comment did not sound promising... 

If it's clear, I will almost certainly get two, one to be opaque, and one to see what I can do with a ghost ship.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, ksbsnowowl said:

Yeah, a tan color would be fairly usable right out of the box (well, after assembly).  I'll still get a clear one, but it will make it much less usable until it is painted.

30 minutes after hitting it with a can of Krylon in your choice of shades of brown and degree of gloss/matte and you have a playable ship.  If you can wait an hour a quick wash with a darker brown Reaper acryic and you're good.

At your leisure you can do some dry brushing and you will then be golden.

GEM

• Like 8

22 minutes ago, ksbsnowowl said:

A Minotaur :poke:::P:

I know, but mostly I care about the hippogriff. It's my #1 favorite from the previews. So I'm nervous to know if I'm already pledged for it and don't know it, or it's an add-on that I need to worry about it not getting unlocked...

Of course I know that it's already sculpted and previewed, the KS is going very well, and so it's likely to get unlocked at some point, but my nerves are still going WHAT IF.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

30 minutes after hitting it with a can of Krylon in your choice of shades of brown and degree of gloss/matte and you have a playable ship.  If you can wait an hour a quick wash with a darker brown Reaper acryic and you're good.

At your leisure you can do some dry brushing and you will then be golden.

GEM

Does Bones Black (or I guess whatever the plastic they made the dark chapel from... they stated the ship will be the same plastic as that) take spray primer well?  I know the original bones had issues.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, ksbsnowowl said:

Does Bones Black (or I guess whatever the plastic they made the dark chapel from... they stated the ship will be the same plastic as that) take spray primer well?  I know the original bones had issues.

I prime all of my Bones, Bones Black, and the mausoleum and fences with Army Painter rattle can and have never had any issues.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

I have "a few" plastic storage containes in my garage filled with Bones 1-4, Lost Kingdom and Kensei Kickstarter rewards.

We shall not speak of the items I bought in regular shops and webstores or during Reaper's Holiday Specials.

I backed the Desert of the Dead Kickstarter as well.

Busts? I may have purchased a few and I have enough paints to be able to repaint the house in a miriad of colours.

And while I may get more selective, I'm still excited about stuff showing up in this KS.

Now one little thing to remember, if someone complains you have too many minis, use Goblin Math.

That's what we all do on this forum.

See, Goblins can't count beyond their fingers and toes, so it's always 20.

You have 20 minis, no more, no less.

Even if you buy more, you will only have 20 minis, stick to that!

I was organizing my unpainted/ half-painted minis the other night and well. 6 repurposed board game boxes, 3 plastic trays and 2 plastic tote boxes. Full. It'd be almost impressive if it wasn't so stressful.

• Like 2