ladystorm

Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

They are great for warbands, though. I'm a big fan of sets like that. In fact, I think that is one thing this KS is really killing.

boulderkin, undead, cat folk, skeleton pirates, dragonborn, elves - its like a whole SoBH/frostgrave league of minis available.

• Like 16

14 minutes ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

Whereas the Boulderkin are one of the parts I'm least interested in. I just don't need that many medium earth elementals at once.

Medium and small elementals are the ones I am MOST likely to use several at a time.

No one of them will do as much damage as a large elemental, but together, for the same CR, they do more.

Most often a large, and then enough medium or small to bring the encounter to the next level up.

Edited by PaganMegan
  • Like 9

16 minutes ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

Whereas the Boulderkin are one of the parts I'm least interested in. I just don't need that many medium earth elementals at once.

I just think they would be fun to paint. And my wife might just steal them to paint herself.

They are also great for summoners who love bringing in multiple elementals

Edited by dschumm
  • Like 8

Haven't pledged yet as funds are low and several things are competing for them right now. Yeah, I know I won't be charged until the end but still. Most likely will have to start with a minimal pledge and add more later on. Not as excited about Bones 5 as earlier ones and yet my minimum is looking to be over $250. Well done Reaper when you can get that much out of me when I'm not excited. :rolleyes: 

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, Zink said:

Haven't pledged yet as funds are low and several things are competing for them right now. Yeah, I know I won't be charged until the end but still. Most likely will have to start with a minimal pledge and add more later on. Not as excited about Bones 5 as earlier ones and yet my minimum is looking to be over $250. Well done Reaper when you can get that much out of me when I'm not excited. :rolleyes: 

Pledge for $1 - gets you in and helps to push the number closer to the target of exceeding Bones 1 number of pledges.

GEM

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Pledge for $1 - gets you in and helps to push the number closer to the target of exceeding Bones 1 number of pledges.

GEM

It's what I did.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

GEM

I'll probably throw $50-100 at it before long.

Edited by Zink
  • Like 5

26 minutes ago, vulture said:

They are great for warbands, though. I'm a big fan of sets like that. In fact, I think that is one thing this KS is really killing.

boulderkin, undead, cat folk, skeleton pirates, dragonborn, elves - its like a whole SoBH/frostgrave league of minis available.

This can not be emphasized enough for us wargamers! 

• Like 13

1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

BLASPHEMERS!! HERETICS!!! You all need at least one of EVERYTHING!!!!

Only one of everything? I guess it would save me money . . . :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 13

20 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

GEM

Not to mention you'll be able to pay Kickstarter prices in the pledge manager, instead of the 20-50% more that a late backer would be paying...

• Like 4

I'm waiting for a few things to happen before I add money.

I want to see what's in the Dark Depth's Expansion ( complete) and I would like to know if they finally decide what material the ship will be and the price on that.

The Spider is a must and I would like to see how the Core Set will be split up for add ons, I like the Giant.

Also..waiting for that Chronoscope thing, I would love an A-Ford!

Okay, Since the Spider is a must I upped to $10 for now.

• Like 10

I'm in for a few pieces from the Bones 5 Core Set, but multiples of them, and a few pieces from the Bones 5 Options.

I need multiples of the Blighted Dryad and Briarlings, Elk, Giant Weasel, and Scarecrow.

I can also use one of the Money Lender, Burgermeister, and Noblewoman.

Then I need the Elf Rangers, Catfolk, Dreadmere Heroes, Dreadmere Villains, Female NPCs, and the Dark Elves.

I will also add the Dragonfolk and Townsfolk.

There are two or three pieces from each Expansion that I could also use, but I need multiples of them, and I don't have money to pay for multiple Expansions, so I will have to wait for retail.

Everything else, while awesome, is too huge or too random for me to use on game night.

• Like 6

I really don't get the opposition to a clear translucent ship, TBH. The argument that, if it's not opaque, it just can't be used right out of the box is weird to me. By that logic, they should be dyeing it brown in the manufacture so it's more "usable" right out of the box. If it's translucent, those who want it to be a ghost ship can use it, and those who want it to not be can use it straight out of the box before painting it, and can paint it to be opaque. If it's opaque, it might as well come pre-dyed anyway, since I'm going to have to paint it anyway, and I can't get a ghost ship out of it either way.

• Like 6

I'm definitely throwing more at this then I thought I would.

I've pledged for:- The Greek Expansion, the Storm Giant and the Rune Wights.

From the core set I'm hoping to get:- Both Kid Hero sets, the Dark Elves, the Trolls, the Female NPCs and the Witch, so far. (Plus there's a few minis I like from the starter bunch, but I don't think that gets split up).

Plus I've already got a handful of stuff I want to get at retail (Sea Ogres, Earth Scion, both Onis and the Spider-Lady).

And now I've looked at everything, I'm once again tempted by the Dungeon Dwellers Expansion...

• Like 5