ladystorm

Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

I feel bad that i havent been interested in much.  i'm still at:

- valfuryx, aganzarax, shavynra, * added funds for white and red (assuming both @ $14)

- goroloth

- greek + dark depths expansions

- storm giant

- arakoth

+ stuff i know i will get - once core is split up, catoblepas, and golems (assuming they do)

Regards,

Sanjay

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, kristof65 said:

attach the fishing line to a small remote controlled motor/pulley, and slowly lower it down to the gaming table.   Better if it can come out of a, light fixture, drop ceiling or vent. 

When did this thread become one for planning murder? :wacko:

2 hours ago, Skallabjorn said:

I am curious to know which side of the coin the majority of backers fall on. Given that the current average pledge is creeping close to 140$, I would say that people are pretty pleased by Reaper's offerings. You are always going to have those who are not pleased by everything (even I have a FEW items I am not interested in), but I think Reaper is going really strong on having a large number of items that appeal to the majority of backers. Final judgement will have to wait for the end, of course, but I think it is going very strong and am quite happy with the offerings thus far.

There’s also people like me. I want almost everything, multiples of some things. My want list is $702 right now. But all I can afford to put in is a very, very minimal pledge. 

But it oh boy, are they gonna drain my wallet with the pledge manager.

1 hour ago, Rignes said:

Hah, I think my wife would castrate me if I went all in.  

Lure her into the hobby. Then you’ll have a partner in figmentia. 

Of course, you also have to share your minis then. But we have to make sacrifices!

• Like 5
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

If more interesting stuff unlocks I might drop the Daimyo Set, and switch to something else.

There is a lot in there that I don't need but also a lot I like, not sure yet about that one.

If Dark Depths doesn't unlock further it will not be worth it, then I will redistribute that as well.

Hoping for the ship ( in solid Bones) an A-Ford, the smaller boat and who knows what will come.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, redambrosia said:

When did this thread become one for planning murder? 

planning murder?  Or planning suicide by player? :devil:

That reminds me - I should probably share the Arakoth update with my friends who are really into Halloween. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 5

I am curious to know which side of the coin the majority of backers fall on. Given that the current average pledge is creeping close to 140$, I would say that people are pretty pleased by Reaper's offerings. You are always going to have those who are not pleased by everything (even I have a FEW items I am not interested in), but I think Reaper is going really strong on having a large number of items that appeal to the majority of backers. Final judgement will have to wait for the end, of course, but I think it is going very strong and am quite happy with the offerings thus far.

If I were a fantasy player I would be into this much more heavily. I am waiting for scifi and Chronoscope, so I just pledged a smaller amount so far.

Edited by Corsair
  • Like 5

I'm pleased that Reaper continues to offer such an affordable entry-point every couple of years. Bones 5 is a no-brainer for D&D players who don't have very many miniatures,.

Me? I'm not in that demographic. Like Piata and others, I simply don't need more D&D monsters and adventurers. I've been collecting for decades and already have 20 of everything. (Cyclops? I've got a bucketful. Centaurs? I can field an army. Elementals? Uncounted heaps. Harpies? The place is lousy with 'em.)

So I'm really just here to pick and choose among things that are harder to find, particularly non-fantasy stuff.

• Like 6

Just thinking out loud here...

I love the current spider offerings and am in for them, but it would be great to see some less well known shapes. Is it just me, or is almost every gaming spider currently on offer a take on a black widow or a big hairy spider like a Wolf or Tarantula. I wonder if some other, creepier varieties would stand out in the field. There's the Arrow Shaped Micrathena with a spiky, armored abdomen like it's right out of a nightmare. There's the tiny little Bolas spider that has an abdomen bigger than the rest of the thing and with some species having a pattern that looks like eyes on its back. Or maybe just a jumping spider with its arms raised in a waving display and the cephalothorax topped with a whole bunch of eyes. Or even your standard looking wolf spider analog but covered in dozens of just hatched young. Lay on some imagined fantasy bits and make them big and these harmless species would be terrifying monsters on the table. 

Anyways, like I said, still getting the spiders from this kickstarter (actually 2 of the big ones. One for myself and one to paint and send in an anonymous box to my sister who hates spiders). Just thought I'd throw out the idea of some creepier creepy crawlies. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Thoramel said:

I love the current spider offerings and am in for them, but it would be great to see some less well known shapes. Is it just me, or is almost every gaming spider currently on offer a take on a black widow or a big hairy spider like a Wolf or Tarantula. I wonder if some other, creepier varieties would stand out in the field. There's the Arrow Shaped Micrathena with a spiky, armored abdomen like it's right out of a nightmare. There's the tiny little Bolas spider that has an abdomen bigger than the rest of the thing and with some species having a pattern that looks like eyes on its back. Or maybe just a jumping spider with its arms raised in a waving display and the cephalothorax topped with a whole bunch of eyes. Or even your standard looking wolf spider analog but covered in dozens of just hatched young. Lay on some imagined fantasy bits and make them big and these harmless species would be terrifying monsters on the table. 

Anyways, like I said, still getting the spiders from this kickstarter (actually 2 of the big ones. One for myself and one to paint and send in an anonymous box to my sister who hates spiders). Just thought I'd throw out the idea of some creepier creepy crawlies. 

Looking at your last line...

it's been nice knowing you.

• Haha 10

1 minute ago, Thoramel said:

I wanted to do a jumping spider.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Saturday while driving on I-40 at 70 mph, my wife spotted a spider on my shoulder. She is trying to kill it while I am driving! Turned out to be a small wolf spider, but you would have thought by her reaction it was from the movie "Them"

• Haha 11

I'd consider a jumping spider, but them hubby would wait for me to finish painting it, then randomly move it into spots where I'd see it out of the corner of my eye... 

Spiders don't spook me* but cute lil half inch spiders WAVING AT ME do get a reaction.  Go figure. 

*Edited to add: typical house and outdoor spiders we get out here.  I like them, provided they steer clear of my stuff.  If it's a tarantula, it isn't getting into my house - I've told hubby no pet spiders.  I can warm up to snakes, and I love beardies but no tarantulas! 

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

Everything in the kickstarter is very nice. I can see benefit in owning everything.... 

However, as others have said... my need this time is just not there. There are a couple gems that i love... but i am undecided on getting them now or waiting until retail. 

The Spider, the blue dragon, the kids, the mammoth. - Love em

The villagers, the troll bridge, the war machines. - Great. i want em

The other dragons, catfolk, other bits and bobs. - They are nice, I like em.

But, My main love and want in the ship, and baby ship. If those are something that turn out to be reasonably priced and in a material i like, then the above stuff will likely come during the PM stage and be bought through this KS... but if teh Ship turns out not to be viable for me, then the rest of teh stuff will end up being bought at retail, and I will likely just drop out. That is not to say I dont lke the stuff or dont like reaper, I am just not super behind any of the stuff this time. 

Do really like that spider though... 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

I wanted to do a jumping spider.

That would make me so happy! I love jumping spiders, they're like the friendly dogs of the spider world.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2