Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

ladystorm

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I seeing that (or something like that) as a terrain centerpiece...dayum... Now I want that dragón bust to make a ruin...

Oh my wallet...

40 minutes ago, Skallabjorn said:

This is about as macho as it gets for elves, and to me, the androgyny is still somewhat there. Kind of a Samurai aesthetic, really, which I suppose is appropriate for "the most ancient and civilized of peoples".

That's plentifull of macho here you know!

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

I agree - 2.5-3" sounds small on paper, but once you get it in front of you... Not that I've purchased any busts yet, but still.  I have several minis that seemed smaller in the pics and when assembled the question is where to put it on your desk... 

It's like guys new to rc cars, wondering why there's such a large price gap between 1/12 and 1/10 scale.. (or even 1/8)

Or how easy it is to find 1/35 and 1/72 vehicles at affordable prices, but 1/48 is mainly aircraft, and the few available vehicles are EXPENSIVE.

That being said, I own 4 historic busts (William the Conqueror, Henry the 8th, Edward the Black Prince, and a Norman Archer, They are all about 5 inches from base to top, so I would guess those are 1/10 scale? Or maybe 1/12?

Edited by Skallabjorn
  • Like 3

Given that Reaper currently produces a dwarf bust, adding a couple of elf busts seems reasonable.  I'm selfishly glad that I can get the maiden, I didn't go to ReaperCon the year she was available and I really want to paint her!  It also makes sense to use the existing sculpts that were limited to expand the line faster.  

• Like 7

Ok folks,

Here is the update at the end of day 22 and including the new busts.

We're still ahead of any previous backer numbers and trending to beat the previous best from Bones 1.

The pledges are also looking good. Slowing a bit more than Bones 4, but still quite far ahead with the huge initial surge. Looks like we should still surpass all previous KS campaigns, but hard to say for sure with the ability to add money after the KS ends.

I updated my spreadsheet for rewards. The Value Rating is the Relative Value/(KS) Cost. Relative Value is my best guess on retail cost based on the images we have seen. Please feel free to correct me if you see any mistakes.

And finally, I hope people really want those (very well sculpted) busts they've been asking for and we see the pledges start to move...

Bones 5 day 22 - backers.png

2139042072_Bones5day22-pledged.thumb.png.fe93942577a1cc43e26eae7d9ac2a275.png

Bones 5 value - day 22.png

Edited by AuralEntropy
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 6

14 minutes ago, Skallabjorn said:

Or how easy it is to find 1/35 and 1/72 vehicles at affordable prices, but 1/48 is mainly aircraft, and the few available vehicles are EXPENSIVE.

That being said, I own 4 historic busts (William the Conqueror, Henry the 8th, Edward the Black Prince, and a Norman Archer, They are all about 5 inches from base to top, so I would guess those are 1/10 scale? Or maybe 1/12?

Yes,

The difference is sometimes hard to tell.

But those would be in that range.

18 minutes ago, Mckenna35 said:

And then there's this: 

29103720177_ef208cd593_b.jpg

Greebo Games Grandam Wolf next to  a Young Miniature 1/10 scale bust and a Scale 75 1/12 scale bust from their kickstarter:  The grid is in inches.

Thanks to a fellow forumite, I got my hands on that Wolf Bust, it's one of the "few" waiting for paint.

Hmm. If only Reaper would include a Koborlas Bust in Bones V!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Looking again, that's one androgenous looking ranger.  Facial features looked rather female to me on initial glance. 

Still no real interest in that one though, but I'm definitely glad to see busts be brought out, hopefully in Bones Black. 

8963680069_54a4aba7b2_o.jpgVaarsuvious 2 by YeAuldGrump, on Flickr

I think Megan might be interested in these. ::):

The Auld Grump

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

3 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Yes,

The difference is sometimes hard to tell.

But those would be in that range.

Thanks to a fellow forumite, I got my hands on that Wolf Bust, it's one of the "few" waiting for paint.

Hmm. If only Reaper would include a Koborlas Bust in Bones V!

A Gragg or other Orc bust would also be cool, along with the "Grudge" bust in Bones Black. I'd have to get that AND the "Grudge" bust at that point.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

And now they're star-paladins who want to fight Cthulhu. Which makes them awesome. @PaganMegan will agree to that!

I sent three of them - my take on the Three Wyrd Sisters....

Each gave away parts of a different plot, then switched plots.So each plot got three reveals  One was past, one was present, and one was future.

I also gave them levels of Oracle.

The Auld Grump

• Like 7

Interesting info on the graphs.  Seems like peek Bones Pledges will top out at ~16K users.  There was talk early on that because more people play game X and because miniatures are popular, we would see more pledges this go around.  That does not seem to be the case.  IMHO, the 2yr wait is what will hold a lot of people back (seen this posted as an issue on various miniature forums).  Day zero peak seems to have gone up probably because people know more about the Bones KS but I bet that is more repeat customers rather than new customers.  Interesting info.  Hope we have a strong finish.  I am sticking to my $300 for now because that is what I can afford right now but will add more into next year.  I can never see the Reaper Live but hopefully there is some fresh info coming.

• Like 3

Number Based on 0800-0900 Reaper time today:  

Current Total Pledges: $2,193,421

Current Total Backers: 416.2

Next Goal At $2,245,000

To go to Next Goal $51,579

Hours to next goal based on gains this hour: 142.0

Hours to next goal based on 24h Avg: 49.7

Gain in last Hour: $363

New Backers This Hour: -15208.8

Total Gain Today: $8,298

Total Gain 24 Hours: $24,924

Average Hourly Pledges Today: $830

Average Hourly Pledges 24 Hours: $1,039

Current Average Pledge: $5,270.11

Average Hourly Backers Today: 416.2

Average Hourly Backers 24 Hours: 3.8

Previous Hour Total Pledges: $2,193,058

Previous Hour Total Backers: 15,625

Backers to beat Bones 1 17,266

Days to hit Bones 1 based on 24 hour average 189.7

Backers to beat Bones 2 14547

Backers to beat Bones 3 13049

Backers to beat Bones 4 15782

Days to hit Bones 4 based on 24 hour average 173.4Number Based on 0800-0900 Reaper time today:     
Current Total Pledges:     $2,193,421
Current Total Backers:     15,628
Next Goal At    $2,245,000
To go to Next Goal    $51,579
Hours to next goal based on gains this hour:     142.0
Hours to next goal based on 24h Avg:     49.7

Gain in last Hour:     $363
New Backers This Hour:     3
Total Gain Today:     $8,298
Total Gain 24 Hours:     $24,924
Average Hourly Pledges Today:     $830
Average Hourly Pledges 24 Hours:     $1,039
Current Average Pledge:     $140.35
Average Hourly Backers Today:     416.2
Average Hourly Backers 24 Hours:     3.8
Previous Hour Total Pledges:     $2,193,058
Previous Hour Total Backers:     15,625
Backers to beat Bones 1    2,054
Days to hit Bones 1 based on 24 hour average    22.6
Backers to beat Bones 2    -665
Backers to beat Bones 3    -2163
Backers to beat Bones 4    570
Days to hit Bones 4 based on 24 hour average    6.3

Edited by Crowley
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, turbocooler said:

Interesting info on the graphs.  Seems like peek Bones Pledges will top out at ~16K users.  There was talk early on that because more people play game X and because miniatures are popular, we would see more pledges this go around.  That does not seem to be the case.  IMHO, the 2yr wait is what will hold a lot of people back (seen this posted as an issue on various miniature forums).  Day zero peak seems to have gone up probably because people know more about the Bones KS but I bet that is more repeat customers rather than new customers.  Interesting info.  Hope we have a strong finish.  I am sticking to my $300 for now because that is what I can afford right now but will add more into next year.  I can never see the Reaper Live but hopefully there is some fresh info coming.

Bones 2, 3, and 4 had roughly 15% of total backers as first time backers that had not backed ANY Kickstarter before.

Actual numbers:

KS                    Total          New           %

Bones 1          17,744     8,154         45.95

Bones 2           14,984    2,272         15.16

Bones 3           13,465    1,740         12.92

Bones 4           16,200     2244          13.85

Bones 5           15,628     1531           9.79

So currently, we appear to be slightly behind on 1st time kickstarter backers, HOWEVER, the previous Kickstarters numbers are from the END of those drives. A lot of things can (and indubitably will) change in 10 days. How many are first time BONES backers, really only Reaper would have that data.

Edited by Skallabjorn
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

41 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

I sent three of them - my take on the Three Wyrd Sisters....

Each gave away parts of a different plot, then switched plots.So each plot got three reveals  One was past, one was present, and one was future.

I also gave them levels of Oracle.

The Auld Grump

You gave them levels in CREEPY.

Now that I know you stole them from Shakespear I can totally see them as the weird sisters.

I kinda was anyway, Maiden, Mother, and Crone.

They didn't reveal plot, they gave vague murmurings that only made sense when it was too late.

Hell, your children's rhyme did the same thing.

While I would love to see ones flumphs, but I would still like stirges better. Flumphs see little enough use that having them in metal would be fine. But LOTS of people use LOTS of stirges, and a LOT more frequently. So we need LOTS, and LOTS, of a LOT of stirges. ::P:

Heck, if the kids pick the right notice, I will be having stirges tonight. Adventurers, it's what's for dinner.

• Like 5