ladystorm

Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

19 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

I think this campaign needs a set of baby monsters done by @Rainbow Sculptor to go along with the kid heroes.

baby gryphon
baby owlbear
baby minotaur
baby umber hulk

That would be very cool, but keep in mind real requests need to go in that thread to be seen.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Chris Palmer said:

Reaper should really hold an East Coast Reapercon!  There seem to be a lot of us here! 

Seconded!

1 hour ago, kristof65 said:

I think this campaign needs a set of baby monsters done by @Rainbow Sculptor to go along with the kid heroes.

baby gryphon
baby owlbear
baby minotaur
baby umber hulk

Also seconded!

• Like 8

1 hour ago, kristof65 said:

baby gryphon
baby owlbear
baby minotaur
baby umber hulk

The Bones 4 owlbear is a good juvenile owlbear. The lack of feathers, the pinfeather spines, the fact that it's small and skinny compared to the Bones Black owlbear... I mean it's not a cub but it makes a good yearling:

338298577_Owlbear2.png.fd1d78f68b6fbeb5bbdfca02c0017039.png

• Like 14

4 hours ago, vulture said:

I made a pair for an ill fated KS for a now defunct company. They are still in production, though I have no faith in the current owner.

I shudder to even say that, as I was never paid, so I consider the IP to still be mine.

ugh, I can’t even talk about it anymore, it still really upsets me. I stopped sculpting for years after that, until Reaper offered me redemption by froghemoth.

PS I painted the two of them, and I’ll share this weekend in a show-off

Unfortunately the now-owner of your Flumphs is also the same guy that commissioned me to make five sculpts for him, then completely ghosted me. When I saw him at Garycon it was all "I'd like to keep working with you, I love the sculpts, send me an invoice and I'll pay it!" but zero follow through. Hopefully we will both eventually get paid for our work...

• Sad 18

9 minutes ago, GHarris said:

Unfortunately the now-owner of your Flumphs is also the same guy that commissioned me to make five sculpts for him, then completely ghosted me. When I saw him at Garycon it was all "I'd like to keep working with you, I love the sculpts, send me an invoice and I'll pay it!" but zero follow through. Hopefully we will both eventually get paid for our work...

Eastern Front Studios? :)

Sanjay

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

The Bones 4 owlbear is a good juvenile owlbear. The lack of feathers, the pinfeather spines, the fact that it's small and skinny compared to the Bones Black owlbear... I mean it's not a cub but it makes a good yearling:

338298577_Owlbear2.png.fd1d78f68b6fbeb5bbdfca02c0017039.png

I totally forgot about the bones 4 owl bear!! And with my bones black one, and the cubs I just got, I've got a whole family!

Number Based on 2000-2100 Reaper time today:  

Current Total Pledges: $2,262,608

Current Total Backers: 15,844

Next Goal At $2,290,000

To go to Next Goal $27,392

Hours to next goal based on gains this hour: 42.0

Hours to next goal based on 24h Avg: 19.8

Gain in last Hour: $652

New Backers This Hour: 5

Total Gain Today: $31,048

Total Gain 24 Hours: $33,261

Average Hourly Pledges Today: $1,411

Average Hourly Pledges 24 Hours: $1,386

Current Average Pledge: $142.81

Average Hourly Backers Today: 3.7

Average Hourly Backers 24 Hours: 3.5

Previous Hour Total Pledges: $2,261,956

Previous Hour Total Backers: 15,839

Backers to beat Bones 1 1,838

Days to hit Bones 1 based on 24 hour average 21.6

Backers to beat Bones 2 -881

Backers to beat Bones 3 -2379

Backers to beat Bones 4 354

Days to hit Bones 4 based on 24 hour average 4.2

• Like 10

4 hours ago, Chris Palmer said:

Well, howdy to you too, neighbor! ::):

Howdy!

2 hours ago, Chris Palmer said:

Reaper should really hold an East Coast Reapercon!  There seem to be a lot of us here! 

That would be awesome! It would also be cool if Reaper was able to expand the Bones 5 countdown/watch party to FLGS so that people who can’t make it to Texas could still meet up with others to celebrate (I realize they are streaming it on Twitch, but it would still be cool). 

Edited by Ardeus
  • Like 5

33 minutes ago, StarFyre said:

Eastern Front Studios? :)

Sanjay

I actually never had a problem with Eastern Front Studios. I made a couple of models for them like 15 years ago and everything was cool. 

15 years ago...now I just feel old!

• Like 6

I really, reallyreally, really wish they would stop with the oval integral bases. Especially with Bones Black being a much harder material to cut through making it harder to remove the miniatures from the base for transplant. Just go to the 1" diameter bases like you did in the Chronoscope line, with the base detail from the newer Bones minis, if they're going to do it. I'm staring at my Bones 4 Efreeti here and the base is going to be a nightmare to get off of her without destroying her feet, and I really don't want to have to sculpt around each and every oval base in Bones 5.:down:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

5 minutes ago, GHarris said:

I actually never had a problem with Eastern Front Studios. I made a couple of models for them like 15 years ago and everything was cool. 

15 years ago...now I just feel old!

Mick (eastern front) keeps telling me he has shipped my aboleth. its been 5 years.

and lets not talk about that baba yaga hut i paid for . 

sanjay

• Confused 1
  • Sad 9

Modified my spreadsheet to include the core set extras. The core set value includes the four new zombies. 

As always, I am guessing at the relative values of each mini so value ratings (~relative value at retail/KS cost) are imperfect. 

Corrections and suggestions welcome.

Edit: I noticed "Plater Characters" the instant I posted the image, of course.

Bones 5 KS - day 25 - sets and values.png

Edited by AuralEntropy
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Ardeus said:

Howdy!

That would be awesome! It would also be cool if Reaper was able to expand the Bones 5 countdown/watch party to FLGS so that people who can’t make it to Texas could still meet up with others to celebrate (I realize they are streaming it on Twitch, but it would still be cool). 

Talk to your FLGS Reaper Retailer about organizing such a party to raise awareness of the Bones Line.

Balls in your court.

Just sayin'

GEM

• Like 8

2 hours ago, GHarris said:

Oh, man, that bums me out so much - I don't have words. It sounds eerily similar to my interactions. gah!

It is just another reason to love Reaper I guess; Ive never heard a bad word about them from another artist  and they have been great to me for the small number of things I've done for them.

P.S. I just saw the Mantis man gladiator and Admiral Gnoph  you did - AWESOME! I can believe you made a giff! those need to be in the KS....

Both are now on my wishlist.

• Like 9