ladystorm

Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

I have just been looking at my Bones 4 Core Set box. Thought I'd seen the PeteyD Pizza dungeon logo somewhere before. It is on the tuck in tab of the box. Makes me wonder if the Repear Peeps had the Pizza parlour idea for this kickstarter way back then.

Also so loving the Gem Dragon. Will have to get way more of them than is healthy for my wallet.

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, Pangolin d'AntEater said:

I have just been looking at my Bones 4 Core Set box. Thought I'd seen the PeteyD Pizza dungeon logo somewhere before. It is on the tuck in tab of the box. Makes me wonder if the Repear Peeps had the Pizza parlour idea for this kickstarter way back then.

Also so loving the Gem Dragon. Will have to get way more of them than is healthy for my wallet.

Mr. Bones offered to bribe the team with a free trip to Pizza Dungeon in the B4 comic.

I didn’t realize they had a logo that far back.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, klarg1 said:

Mr. Bones offered to bribe the team with a free trip to Pizza Dungeon in the B4 comic.

I didn’t realize they had a logo that far back.

It was also a thing during Bones 4 fulfillment on Reaper live. Pizza dungeon dice, with a random "High Rollers" mini from the KS. Apparently they were a promo item for Reapercon 2018

IMG_20190904_132807__01.jpg53758FA8-7FFE-456E-8EF0-4EBFF59DF972.thumb.jpeg.86dc2dddfb9692c353b8480ad36b4072.jpeg

Wonder if these are going to be the dice alluded to in the comments on the KS.  And possibly the upcoming reveal on Twitch (Critical Roll, I think it was).

Kind of funny that they underlined the "6" on the D6. What else would it be?

"Roll 2D6 for damage"

"18"

"You can't GET 18 on 2D6"

"Look,, two nines"

<repeated head thump on table>

Actually, it is probably from using the same font, scaled up or down as appropriate, for all the dice. But still funny

Edited by Skallabjorn
  • Haha 12

I’m tempted by the zombies. 4 for $5 is pretty good. Though I do have about 300 modern zombies of various shapes from the various zombicide games...and around 200 fantasy zombies from Black Plague and green horde... including female, orc and dwarf zombies..

still zombies are a good staple monster. 40 zombies for $50 is not bad... 

• Like 5

Added the Living Dead and the encouter at Gallowguard again, also added the War Mammoth for now.

I already have the mammoth from Bones IV, he needs a friend.

• Like 6

Wanted to play with the calculator but it's not passing the login screen. Just blinks and I am still looking at the login screen. Anyone else having troubles? 

• Like 4

I kinda wish they'd put the KS page back to the way it's been for most of the project. I liked seeing the maps first, it's easier to track how we're doing if that's the first thing to see.

About the whole Chronoscope thing from a few pages back: 

You all know that Chronoscope is NOT synonymous with 'sci-fi', right? Chronoscope is super heroes, wild west, current day, pulp, steampunk, and yes, a little sci-fi as well. It's basically 'everything that's not fantasy'. In Bones 4 there was a Chronoscope expansion that was composed almost entirely of sci-fi figures. I don't have exact (or any) numbers, and I don't work for Reaper, so I don't have any inside information, but I remember A LOT of folks in the last KS saying that they weren't going to get that particular expansion for a myriad of different reasons. Some of the stated reasons were 'I don't like sci-fi': fine, that's valid. Some other reasons were: 'I don't like/don't want figure xyz' or 'There's not enough in it to be worth $50', another was 'They should have put xyz in instead of 123'. Consequently, I have no idea how well that particular expansion did, but I wouldn't be surprised to learn that it didn't do all that great.

If you were involved in Bones 4, and didn't lay down your $50 in support of more Chronoscope/sci-fi stuff in Bones material when you had the chance, please stop hating on Reaper now for not having any (at least so far) in this KS. You had your chance to show them that there was a demand for it, and you blew it. Yes, they're all pretty cool people, and yes they want to try to give you what you want, but if they do, and then you don't buy it, that's on you, not them. They want to give you what you want, but they also don't want to lose money in doing so. That seems pretty fair and reasonable to me.

I hope that they do come up with something for those that are clamoring for Chronoscope stuff. I may or may not buy anything; it depends on what it is. However, I'm also not in the crowd that is demanding to see it.

Following that line of reasoning, I'm going to be getting the busts. They're not all my cup of tea, but I'll paint at least 2 of them, and I want Reaper to know that there is a market for Bones busts.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, kristof65 said:

I think this campaign needs a set of baby monsters done by @Rainbow Sculptor to go along with the kid heroes.

baby gryphon
baby owlbear
baby minotaur
baby umber hulk

I want a baby toybox mimic with a Reaper Ron smirk and a couple of kid's feet sticking out of it's mouth!

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 2

11 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

Personally, I ordered 2 Chronoscope expansions. The only expansion I doubled up on.

Edited by Skallabjorn
  • Like 9

As have been mentioned before, just because Chronoscope is so diverse, it would be better to create smaller add ons for $10 -$20 ranges then a whole expansion set.

• Like 19

35 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

I kinda wish they'd put the KS page back to the way it's been for most of the project. I liked seeing the maps first, it's easier to track how we're doing if that's the first thing to see.

You all know that Chronoscope is NOT synonymous with 'sci-fi', right? Chronoscope is super heroes, wild west, current day, pulp, steampunk, and yes, a little sci-fi as well. It's basically 'everything that's not fantasy'. In Bones 4 there was a Chronoscope expansion that was composed almost entirely of sci-fi figures. I don't have exact (or any) numbers, and I don't work for Reaper, so I don't have any inside information, but I remember A LOT of folks in the last KS saying that they weren't going to get that particular expansion for a myriad of different reasons. Some of the stated reasons were 'I don't like sci-fi': fine, that's valid. Some other reasons were: 'I don't like/don't want figure xyz' or 'There's not enough in it to be worth $50', another was 'They should have put xyz in instead of 123'. Consequently, I have no idea how well that particular expansion did, but I wouldn't be surprised to learn that it didn't do all that great.

If you were involved in Bones 4, and didn't lay down your $50 in support of more Chronoscope/sci-fi stuff in Bones material when you had the chance, please stop hating on Reaper now for not having any (at least so far) in this KS. You had your chance to show them that there was a demand for it, and you blew it. Yes, they're all pretty cool people, and yes they want to try to give you what you want, but if they do, and then you don't buy it, that's on you, not them. They want to give you what you want, but they also don't want to lose money in doing so. That seems pretty fair and reasonable to me.

I hope that they do come up with something for those that are clamoring for Chronoscope stuff. I may or may not buy anything; it depends on what it is. However, I'm also not in the crowd that is demanding to see it.

Following that line of reasoning, I'm going to be getting the busts. They're not all my cup of tea, but I'll paint at least 2 of them, and I want Reaper to know that there is a market for Bones busts.

I did back it!! And love it. I've painted more from that set than anything else from Bones 4 so far. Sadly I think it didn't do well, as there are still sets available on Reaper. :down:

And I agree that it would do better in smaller more focused sets/encounters. 

Number Based on 1000-1100 Reaper time today:
Current Total Pledges: $2,273,462
Current Total Backers: 15,880
Next Goal At $2,290,000
To go to Next Goal $16,538
Hours to next goal based on gains this hour: 5.6
Hours to next goal based on 24h Avg: 21.7

Gain in last Hour: $2,959
New Backers This Hour: 6
Total Gain Today: $9,084
Total Gain 24 Hours: $18,327
Average Hourly Pledges Today: $757
Average Hourly Pledges 24 Hours: $764
Current Average Pledge: $143.17
Average Hourly Backers Today: 2.0
Average Hourly Backers 24 Hours: 3.4
Previous Hour Total Pledges: $2,270,503
Previous Hour Total Backers: 15,874
Backers to beat Bones 1 1,802
Days to hit Bones 1 based on 24 hour average 22.0
Backers to beat Bones 2 -917
Backers to beat Bones 3 -2415
Backers to beat Bones 4 318
Days to hit Bones 4 based on 24 hour average 3.9

Let's have a few more hours like this one!!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

You had your chance to show them that there was a demand for it, and you blew it. Yes, they're all pretty cool people, and yes they want to try to give you what you want, but if they do, and then you don't buy it, that's on you, not them. They want to give you what you want, but they also don't want to lose money in doing so. That seems pretty fair and reasonable to me.

I kind of disagree with this. If what they offered was not appealing to the point where many people who may have had interest didn’t buy it... it sounds like they blew it. Not the consumer. I like reaper and support them. But I am not just gonna throw away money on something I don’t want. If it had been more desirable (to whoever or whatever) then more people would have bought it. I like 3 models in the chronoscope expansion last time... I don’t think my not paying $50 for those 3 figures is me blowing it.

i do agree that they need to make money though. So if they can’t find a way to listen to what people are actually asking for in a chromosome (or pure sci-fi, or whatever) set them it does make sense not to offer it... but again I don’t see the customers as the ones who blew it on this. 

• Like 8