ladystorm

Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

19 minutes ago, Dan Goodchild said:

Dragons_Forscale.png

Thanks Dan.  I didn't realize how big those add on dragons are. It seems to me like the Shadow Dragon is a little smaller though. I can't wait for them!

• Like 11

18 minutes ago, vulture said:

@StarFyre Don’t get it twisted - those KSs imploded because they were cons, run by conmen, who then transferred their stolen IP to their sleazy conmen buddies. Please do not defend those tools or act as an apologist for their misdeeds. There are plenty of small minis companies thriving on KS and elsewhere who act with integrity.

of course there are, but some of them that i am aware of were run for many years and i know people who had their works with no issues.  they tried to expand seeing the 'glamour' of what reaper did, cmon, etc and thought they can do the same thing.

Now, after that initial issue though - i do agree with you. im not as familiar with the Eastern Front thing.  Centerstage though, kept opening kickstarters and apparently was using cash from one kickstarter to fullfill the other, etc. and finally ran out of cash.  So yes, i do agree.

Like as far as i know, pacesetter has nothing to do with centerstage. is that correct, or do you know something i dont? (which also may be why Chern Ann didnt want to get involved).

yeah for smaller ones-  i got my model this year from Lost Kingdoms. i got the massive near 2 ft tall Couatl (cause of course i did :P ) 

Sanjay

Edited by StarFyre
  • Like 5

17 minutes ago, vulture said:

2) why would you ever make a zombie or skeleton with a lower movement rate and smaller stature?

With some necromancers it's not about the practicality, it's about art. You should see the haute couture zombies. ::P:

• Like 2
  • Haha 12
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

RE: Chronoscope---My apologies if anyone misconstrued my post yesterday as accusing anyone of whining. As Inarah noted, I was simply reminding people that you need to spend money to support what you want.

For everyone that 'only liked 3 of the figures':  have you bought 'em yet? Or do you intend to buy them as soon as they get released if they aren't currently available for purchase?

I was wrong. I actually liked 4 minis from the chronoscope set.

the andromedan queen

the andromeda’s vizier

the Andromedan warrior

the IMEF bulldog 

I occasionally check ebay for the bones bulldog... but none of these are retail yet,

I do plan on buying them once the become available. 

looking at 3-5 bulldogs

1 queen

2-4 viziers

10-20 warriors

the bulldogs arr just cool. Will likely never use them but I want them. The Andromedans I am thinking will be an aquatic race in my pathfinder game... coil rifles. Maybe as Nerieds or a custom aquatic race. I really like the look of them. 

it’s weird. I spent nearly $1000 on bones 4... but even though I am at $120 in bones 5, I am really at $0 on what I want. Will see what the ship comes in At tomorrow. The 2 sea expansions are starting to grow on me though. 

Edited by Smokestack
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

With some necromancers it's not about the practicality, it's about art. You should see the haute couture zombies. ::P:

ha! that would be a fun mini.

Edited by vulture
  • Like 4
  • Haha 4

28 minutes ago, vulture said:

The lack of small demihuman lesser undead makes total sense to me for a few reasons 

1) humans seem more predisposed to necromancy in fantasy settings than other races and, more importantly, 

2) why would you ever make a zombie or skeleton with a lower movement rate and smaller stature?

Think Evil for a second here. Be the GM...

If #1 is true and the PCs expect human zombies/skeletons then they will see #2, a halfling skeleton, as a tiny human. A child's skeleton. All the despicable evil and free horror of dead kids but none of the guilt. All of your victims are 100% adults so it's okay!

• Like 6
  • Haha 11

8 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

If #1 is true and the PCs expect human zombies/skeletons then they will see #2, a halfling skeleton, as a tiny human. A child's skeleton. All the despicable evil and free horror of dead kids but none of the guilt. All of your victims are 100% adults so it's okay!

Eh, just go straight for the maiming munchkins. Scare the piss out of your PCs from the get-go ::P:

I kinda feel the need to get the skeletal halfling figure in case our halfling PC dies and the wizard decides to raise him, thereby horrifying the cleric who is BFF with the halfling.

• Like 4
  • Haha 14

12 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

2 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

Eh, just go straight for the maiming munchkins. Scare the piss out of your PCs from the get-go ::P:

I kinda feel the need to get the skeletal halfling figure in case our halfling PC dies and the wizard decides to raise him, thereby horrifying the cleric who is BFF with the halfling.

You two are evil! I like you both SO much...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

26 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Putting the Romance back in Necromancy?

• Like 1
  • Haha 17
  • Confused 2

Hey, my group is level 8. The wizard could animate dead. The cleric can't yet revive a dead body properly - he gets that next level. Gotta do what you gotta do.

• Like 11
  • Haha 2

Any guesses people have (not necessarily wishlist) for what surprises are in store for the last week?

Im thinking with so much ocean themed stuff AND as a great combo model to go with the ship, there has to be some form of large sea monster.  Either a true kraken (the one from 2 kickstarters go is way to small) or a sea serpent.  A more expensive option (like a $30 or so priced model)

that would make sense as a tie in and could drive sales of each other due to the combos (ie. i want the ship, so i need the pirates from Brinewind, and some smaller ocean monsters from Dark Depths, AND cap off that adventure idea with a massive sea monster).

Im also thinking a titan makes sense now, considering they done hill, stone, and now storm and cloud giants.  Gotta go big or go home :P

not sure other top tier goal items could be there.  Bones 4, IIRC, the final 2 were Argent and the barge.  here, im thinking the boat has to be the final (or at least, the last most attainable goal - 3 million is my guess), so what could the 2750000 be?

Sanjay

• Like 5

Hard to say.  We still have 2 big dragons, a couple encounters, and 2 expansions to unlock in terms of things they've already hinted at, right?  Not sure how much else that leaves room for.  It's also possible that one of the encounters is one of the big ticket items.  Kind of like Dance of Death or the Stygian Barge but in a more encounter-friendly form.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, vulture said:

Rumor was the ship wont be an unlock at all, more a bonus add-on piece.

Really? That would be odd to me,I would think something that big and expensive would require dedicated money pledged towards it

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1