ladystorm

Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

1 minute ago, Corsair said:

The problem with not coming through with the ship information today has several problem issues:

1. Reaper's habit of trying to be "cute" and tease about upcoming stuff.

2. One of the senior people should have come on the show to explain, not leave it up to Jon and Sadie.

3. Poor planning causes a lot of folks to hedge their bets.

4. This is gonna really feed the trolls, I am trying not to be one myself at this point.

Excellent points.

If Ron had come on for just a minute to explain that "we have a delay, due to unforeseen complications" it would go down a lot smoother.

This kind of announcement should be right in his wheelhouse.

If not, then we are creeping into Peter Principal territory.

GEM

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, ksbsnowowl said:

The Nolzur's line is also releasing an unpainted version of the ship.  It is up for presales at some sites, for well under $200.  Reaper is definitely going to have to deliver on price and play-ability.

I kind of like the idea of having the HUGE Reaper ship, and the slightly smaller WizKids ship, as it would make for a historically/mechanically correct pirate encounter (smaller, more maneuverable pirate ship catching a larger merchant ship).

Completely agree.  I dont expect reapers ship to out price the unpainted version of wizkids ship.  I think that would be unreasonable.  But its got to be cheaper than their painted version.  Otherwise you will have people thinking "Well its cool and all but I have to paint it.  I could just get this pre painted one for a lower price."

• Like 4

I was under the impression the ship announcement was delayed - nowhere close to being canceled. 

The ship or no ship will have no effect on my participation on this Kickstarter. 

but any change is going to upset someone. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Excellent points.

If Ron had come on for just a minute to explain that "we have a delay, due to unforeseen complications" it would go down a lot smoother.

This kind of announcement should be right in his wheelhouse.

If not, then we are creeping into Peter Principal territory.

GEM

This is one of the moments it's obvious they need a new Bryan!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

I think what put the most disapointment on this, was the completer lack of explanation or sense of "oh we promised"... and even the actual date was non commital... Oh it will be either tomorrow or maybe wednesday... without any concern. Just seemed to not really be concerned at all. 

Have to say this has really soured me. I was already on the fence... 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

For now I will give them the benefit of the doubt. They didn't just randomly start working on the ship 2 weeks ago. They have had a draft for a while, got a little feedback from the teases and are making those adjustments. It probably has to do with the material it is made of, if there are removable pieces, and potentially having it be in different colors or hallow. No they shouldn't pull it, yes they should have been a little more prepared, but a separate kickstarter would not happen. These are huge amounts of effort for a small company.

Yes it is a day or two later than I want  but it will be 18-24 months for this to materialize . I can wait. 

Greek 3 will open in the next day and we will catch the Bones 4 backer and the critical role appearance is happening.  This week will be fine.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Evilhalfling said:

I was under the impression the ship announcement was delayed - nowhere close to being canceled. 

The ship or no ship will have no effect on my participation on this Kickstarter. 

but any change is going to upset someone. 

No people were saying they would rather cancel it then have another argent.

Oh broccoli...a great name for the ship 

Argent's Curse LOL

Edited by Bane Of Humanity
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Bane Of Humanity said:

Argent's Curse LOL

Argents Curse is a great name. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Alsafah79 said:

I use the minis for gaming. I don't mind the assembly of the bones/bones black figures. 

I have a one year old. Every mini I have to assem le is several I don't get to paint. I don't enjoy it, but can.

• Like 4

I don't go for big minis, so I'm not going to buy the ship anyway, but I was looking forward to the announcement of the ship's price to give the Kickstarter a shot in the arm.

I feel like we have been stuck ever since the announcement of the busts.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Bane Of Humanity said:

Argent's Curse LOL

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This

Or: 

Argent's Revenge

The Black Argent

Argent Nemesis

Argent Buckaneer

GEM

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, criticalhit said:

I don't go for big minis, so I'm not going to buy the ship anyway, but I was looking forward to the announcement of the ship's price to give the Kickstarter a shot in the arm.

I feel like we have been stuck ever since the announcement of the busts.

Yea, I knew the busts wouldnt go over well...gamers dont use those.  

Edited by Bane Of Humanity
  • Like 4

I have felt the same with this Kickstarter as I have for the rest, but maybe that is because I am not the type of person to get really really excited over a Kickstarter

We are in the 'ship is way too big' department. We wanted a medieval style ship,not a more modern one. So it isn't something we are going to get anyways, though I hope a satisfactory result can be found

I tend to avoid the Kickstarter comments, but I might need to start avoiding here too. I know people have legitimate concerns and worries , but I just want to enjoy the final few days and see what unlocks and hope I get the last two dragons before it is all over.

I am by no means trivializing your worries and concerns, but it does greatly lessen my own enjoyment of the Kickstarter that this place where we usually have very lively and fun discussions about what we are seeing and hoping for is mostly focused on disappointment and irritation with what is provided. It is my own problem, that is why I am removing myself from the thread so that the worries and concerns can continue to be aired

Edited by Sirithiliel
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 4

Joined twitch.

Watched twitch ('cause I'm laid up at home).

Where's the "cancel" button?  :down:  People PAY for this?

It's way too ADHD for me, and the signal:noise ratio is not where I need it.

Edited by strawhat
  • Like 8
  • Haha 3