ladystorm

Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

1 minute ago, criticalhit said:

I, personally, would like more flat, static pawns that get the point across.

A nice thing about the simpler, more static sculpts is that they often paint up faster, too. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

59 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

If it wasn't for the Dark Depths expansion and me being loyal...I'm almost considering cancelling after all the hype about the ship and now this....almost...

I know I'll stay in for the rest, but I'm not really happy with this.

I was excited for this KS and it's been a real disappointment.  I think I just need to back away from this. 

59 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

TBH, that makes it look as if the Chronoscope expansion is going to be scattershot again. 

Yeah, really. Santa was what they came up with? 

53 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

I do hope the ship is not going to be the Argent of Bones V.

I'm going to call mine Argent, if it ever gets made. 

3 minutes ago, Chris Palmer said:

Less than $15,000 to goal now. 

Help me Obi-wan, you're my only hope.  

• Like 4

I'm good with static pawns AND dynamic poses, but I like the variety. For a bunch of townsfolk I'm fine with everyone standing around. They don't need to be doing jazz hands in the background.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, lexomatic said:

I'm aware of this. It would be just as easy for more experienced or percfectionist painters to break the glue and reglue it to their tastes. Either way you're dismissing the other person's concerns and making them do something they don't want to do. If my choice is paint minis or glue minis (which I couldn't really do even a few months ago) how much am I actually going to spend on Reaper product? A lot less because of retail markup.

No intention to be dismissive.

As to breaking and regluing.  Sometimes it's possible, in other examples the glue joint may be stronger than the adjacent plastic.

As others have pointed out, I trust my own assembly skills more than those  people who would fall under the bans of the Child Labor Laws in my nation, especially when those children are being paid piecework rates to encourage speed over accuracy.

If having to do assembly work is such a concern, then I would advise you to be extremely selective in your purchases, regardless of who the manufacturer is.

GEM

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, BrokenWolf668 said:

This is my first Kickstarter of any kind, and overall, I haven't been too disappointed, other then some small things I wish were offered separately in some of the expansions, but there you go. I'm actually glad there's a couple expansions and add-ons I don't care for, saves me money. What I don't get are some of the comments -not in here so much- about various minis. If you don't like it, don't get it. Just because I don't like the kids minis or the gem dragon doesn't mean I'm gonna broccoli on someone who does.

Gabba gooba, one of us!  :)  You've got the right idea there.

I think it's fair to wish the Expansions could be broken down the same way they break down the Core Set - lots of folks do, and I'd certainly pledge differently if that were the case (I'd pledge more than I am now!)  The Expansions seem to run on a different philosophy from the Core Set, in any case, and seem to have been pretty solidly set in stone as an all-or-nothing situation (unfortunately).

And I agree completely about the complaining and dogging on the minis that people don't like.  I think it's fair enough to talk up the minis for those who don't like them - they don't have to agree, but positive comments about unpopular minis - or just minis That One Guy doesn't like, are harmless.  Sadly, a few people take both sides of the equation pretty seriously - even constructive criticism can seem like an attack to some people, while saying something nice about something someone doesn't like can be fighting words for other people.  Whatever the case, constructive criticism and positive comments are OK in my book, while trash-talking the Kickstarter and models is just poor form!

Edited by YronimosW
  • Like 6

51 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

I tend to avoid the Kickstarter comments, but I might need to start avoiding here too. I know people have legitimate concerns and worries , but I just want to enjoy the final few days and see what unlocks and hope I get the last two dragons before it is all over

I am genuinely sorry to hear this Siri as I suspect my airing of my concerns has contributed to your feeling this way.

The good news is that this too shall pass and I expect this thread to be back to normal in a day or two, so don’t avoid it for too long. :poke:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Back to the Twitch, I do have to give props to the paint woman and the beard man for being generally affable and likable enough to keep that stream from becoming an angry mob. 

Edited by criticalhit
  • Like 10
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, TheUncannyAK said:

I'm good with static pawns AND dynamic poses, but I like the variety. For a bunch of townsfolk I'm fine with everyone standing around. They don't need to be doing jazz hands in the background.

Fffffft...

But that mental image :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

5 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

A nice thing about the simpler, more static sculpts is that they often paint up faster, too. 

Yes very good to practice on.  Skin tones, cloth colors.  Very good training.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

huge disappointment. 

Another one here hoping for the ship's price to be unveiled in order to help up the pledges. 

It has been a final weekend of pure stagnation. Since Greek III is already in sight I guess at least I will be able to complete that, but I seriously doubt we can unlock the two remaining dragons + tier 3 of depths, + tier 2 AND 3 of Brin, + whatever add-ons, encounters and/or core stuff there's remaining. Maybe it will be a miracle, but it's just too many stuff, there's just 4 more days... 

I feel like this KS has been a roller coaster with a great start, slow developement at the end of the first week and all second week, then another high with Greek and... really, really slow since then. Weird management. 

Edited by NyarlaBcn
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:
8 minutes ago, TheUncannyAK said:

They don't need to be doing jazz hands in the background.

Fffffft...

But that mental image :lol:

In fact, one of them does need to be doing that!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

5 minutes ago, criticalhit said:

Back to the Twitch, I do have to give props to the paint woman and the beard man for being generally affable and likable enough to keep that stream from becoming an angry mob. 

Paint woman and the beard man... worst name for a buddy cop movie ever.., 

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

6 minutes ago, Bane Of Humanity said:

Same here...though Im not gonna lie.  I would love an old lady wielding a iron skillet like a club.

Ditto!

Householders with all sorts of household implements!

Knives

Cleavers

Fireplace Poker

Carpet Beater

Pot Fork

Ladle

Plumbers Helper [Chronoscope]

Rolling Pin

So many possibilities!

GEM

• Like 4

Number Based on 1600-1700 Reaper time today: