Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

seeing as they are calling it the "largest" encounter...I would speculate that the pass encounter would include abominable snowmen and/or vaguely asian-afghan-mongol styled frost or hill giants. Maybe giant yetis.

...and of course polar bears vs dire penguins, seeing as texans have not idea about what lives where in the world outside of the lone star. :;,;:

Edited by Maledrakh
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Replies 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, ksbsnowowl said:

Update #52 has the info.

image.thumb.png.4b3b6efc3050e39b08fb90336341e4f0.png

Note, that green measurement line says 78.2 cm (that's 30.78 inches), so Brother Dave wasn't far off.

:blink:

*pulls out measuring tape* :blink:

*stares at what 31 inches looks like* :blink:

*wanders vaguely around the house, holding it up against various shelf-type things* :blink:

I WANT it. But I haven't the faintest idea where we're gonna PUT it. :lol:

...Still probably gonna get it. And no, I'm not going to subject this to a 7 day challenge, either. I've decided I wanna go nuts with lovely guilding and freehand and tiny detailing, and that can't happen in a week. ^_^ 

6 hours ago, ksbsnowowl said:

My friend sent me a text about Update #52 at 8:09 PM CDT.  In the two hours from 8:00 - 10:00, the KS funding rose $13,877.

Not bad for basically less than 2 hours.

That's a good shot in the arm.

Welcome to THE BEGINNING OF THE END. Buckle your seatbelt, it's gonna get crazy from here! :bday:

6 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Ehhhh, otters have many benefits, one of them being so adorable when eating and sleeping!

Otters = Water kitties :wub: 

[insert 'change my mind' meme here]

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 6
  • Haha 8
4 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

Otters = Water kitties :wub: 

[insert 'change my mind' meme here]

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Sorry M.E.O.W.!

Otters have been known as River Wolves for a long time now, clearly WOOF material!

Also a great name for the Otter Pirate Party, River Wolves.

Their mighty ship could even be called River Wolf.

No kitties present here!

https://www.edtechlens.com/blog/rainforest-kids-science-blog-river-wolves-meet-giant-river-otters

As for where to put it, well on a shelf of course, the stuff currently on that shelf then goes on the ship..problem solved.

Now hoping for more unlocks!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Wow, go to sleep for  few hours and we have two big reveals!   I should sleep more often! :lol:

While the Greek Expansion isn't my thing, glad to see it completed; and on to the Dark Depths and Brinewind now!.  

And, my, my, is that ship sweet!  Any confirmation of the material they plan to use to make it? 

And nice to wake up to already being less than $25,000 to the next unlock, as well as around 50 more backers to beating the Bones 4 total!  Hopefully we can do both of those in one day!  

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

Now that the ship price is revealed and Greek part 3 is revealed maybe the salty comments might stop for a bit so we can enjoy the final days of the kickstarter ::): I went off of Facebook because of the constant negative posts on hobby groups, I don't want to leave this enjoyable forum as well. I love this hobby and the supportive people who are apart of it. I like seeing the pictures posted and reading the discussions of what miniatures people like and what they plan on painting first or how a specific miniature will be used in a game etc. that is good fun! I just hope my financial situation improves so I can get all the minis I'd like in this kickstarter :winkthumbs:

Edited by Canadian Brandon
spelling mistake
  • Like 11

Number Based on 0500-0600 Reaper time today:
Current Total Pledges: $2,365,542
Current Total Backers: 16,148
Next Goal At $2,390,000
To go to Next Goal $24,458
Hours to next goal based on gains this hour: 18.2
Hours to next goal based on 24h Avg: 11.9

Gain in last Hour: $1,342
New Backers This Hour: 2
Total Gain Today: $11,296
Total Gain 24 Hours: $49,480
Average Hourly Pledges Today: $1,614
Average Hourly Pledges 24 Hours: $2,062
Current Average Pledge: $146.49
Average Hourly Backers Today: 2.9
Average Hourly Backers 24 Hours: 3.5
Previous Hour Total Pledges: $2,364,200
Previous Hour Total Backers: 16,146
Backers to beat Bones 1 1,534
Days to hit Bones 1 based on 24 hour average 18.3
Backers to beat Bones 2 -1185
Backers to beat Bones 3 -2683
Backers to beat Bones 4 50
Days to hit Bones 4 based on 24 hour average 0.6
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 5
3 hours ago, NyarlaBcn said:

And, its a bit sad, but... we have a Pegasus without Bellerophon, Medusa without Perseus, Minotaur without Teseus and specially, Polyphemus & Circe without Odysseus on an expansion called Greek Odyssey :/

shouldn't be that hard, as nice as they are just don't include a generic archer, Argonaut and mage to have space for some heroes...

I dunno. Personally, I want to defend the High Clerist's Tower against the Blue Dragonarmy and its Highlord... But I don't particularly want to do it as Sturm or Laurana. I already know how that story goes.

I also know Reaper has had sales issues when using too-specific names on minis (e.g., I need a "Fighter with a Bow." That blister says it's a ranger, so it's useless for my character!), so I can imagine that naming something "Perseus" is something they might shy away from.

But at least we can agree that expansion is awesome, even without named heroes, right? I mean, that Medusa!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Sanael said:

I dunno. Personally, I want to defend the High Clerist's Tower against the Blue Dragonarmy and its Highlord... But I don't particularly want to do it as Sturm or Laurana. I already know how that story goes.

I also know Reaper has had sales issues when using too-specific names on minis (e.g., I need a "Fighter with a Bow." That blister says it's a ranger, so it's useless for my character!), so I can imagine that naming something "Perseus" is something they might shy away from.

But at least we can agree that expansion is awesome, even without named heroes, right? I mean, that Medusa!

Well, if it was a naming issue it's not hard to go around it: that unnamed Argonaut could be Achilles, for example. Then you just need someone with a bow and a... clever, trickster look to be Odysseus, and you can sell it as "Ancient hero". Same here with Teseus. Perseus? just a plain shield and a sword. 

The expansion is awesome though, that's for sure. About the Medusa, I like it, I just wish it had better "hair": more prominent snakes, on an aggresive stance. To me it's the most recognizable characteristic, even more than the tail. Something like that 

81O7rJbe5eL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

• Like 6

The Greek set isn't my thing overall, but I want that Hydra and maybe Medusa later.

Also Circe? If the sculpt turns out like the concept I might want her as well.

Maybe cerberus.

All in all not enough to go for the whole set now.

Dark Depths is still my favorite so far, I love the sea creatures, I hope the Dire Moray is at least a medium sized or big mini.

Any word on that?

I'm into Asian minis, but the Daimyo set is als a hit and miss for me, I want about half of it. So waiting for retail.

The Ship is a must and hopefully the smaller boat will also be unlocked because I might want several of those.

Brinewind looks nice so far, not sure yet, depends on what will unlock further.

Arakoth and the Spiders Set are very very cool, I love the Goroloth.

I want the Yokai, they've grown on me , too cute to pass!

Maybe the Monster set. the living dead set?

I want that giant, the wolves and the wraiths aren't that interesting, the Grave Knights are pretty cool.

Still hoping for an A-Ford, some Explorers from the 20th century, the Artic expansion sounds amazing.

I wonder...in the end during the PM I will probably buy more than I intended to anyway.

Maybe some of those war machines.

Hope the naval cannons get a separate add on so we can have more guns.

Also, when I look at that Yokai set, I wouldn't mind more of those.

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 2
4 minutes ago, Sanael said:

..I also know Reaper has had sales issues when using too-specific names on minis (e.g., I need a "Fighter with a Bow." That blister says it's a ranger, so it's useless for my character!)....

I've definitely noticed a LOT of that myself all over the fantasy RPG hobby!  "The mini package said X, the game book fluff said Y, and the illustration looks like Z, and Generic Medieval European Fantasy Tradition dictates A, B, and C; those are the 'rules' I must carefully follow to the letter, without deviation, and when those 'rules' contradict each other, it's table-flippin' time!"

I've tried to suggest ways to colour outside those lines, but it's slowly dawning on me just how weird a cloudcuckoolander I really am where things like that are concerned :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

Cut my pledge down by quite a bit.

3rd part of the Greek set made me realise I'll actually be giving quite a lot of it away (and if you also remove the cool stuff I like, but would probably never paint, I'm down to keeping just a handful of minis). I went through my pledge so far, and out of the 126 minis I would be buying (so far) I only actually want about 40-something.

So I've trimmed it down to just the sets where I want everything (Storm Giant, Kid Heroes and Rune Wrights).

Everything else can wait for retail even though it'll probably cost me more in the long run, I just don't want to deal with the hassle of offloading loads of minis. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 2
10 minutes ago, YronimosW said:

I've tried to suggest ways to colour outside those lines, but it's slowly dawning on me just how weird a cloudcuckoolander I really am where things like that are concerned

For RPGs, minis are a conveinience, an AID to tactical movement, and a preventative for retroactive repositioning. WYSIWYG, IMO, is NOT really critical,

For tabletop wargaming, WYSIWYG is key, and failure to follow at least close to that can have major tactical implications.

Edited by Skallabjorn
  • Like 3