ladystorm

Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

i must have been sleeping...

did they talk about the sails? or is it like the older metal models from the 80s (ie. GW chicken dragon) where people have to make the membrane themselves?

Sanjay

• Like 3

Just now, StarFyre said:

did they talk about the sails? or is it like the older metal models from the 80s (ie. GW chicken dragon) where people have to make the membrane themselves?

Sanjay

They've talked about the sails. Specifically, they've talked about how there won't be any sails from Reaper. ::P:

• Like 9

Just now, StarFyre said:

Sanjay

They did discuss sails and the last they said was that they were not going to do them.

In honor of National Cat Day I suggest "The Gato Loco" or the Litterbachs to be crewed by anthropomorphic cats.

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

6 minutes ago, Corsair said:

They did discuss sails and the last they said was that they were not going to do them.

In honor of National Cat Day I suggest "The Gato Loco" or the Litterbachs to be crewed by anthropomorphic cats.

oh im not getting the ship. im in awe of the scale and design they have done.

very happy for people who wanted one for years.

i know they COULD do it, but had this strange feeling like maybe they won't.  but they did. 

i just spend for more monsters, etc.  but like i said, that thing *&^%# slaps my longest model and only got 1 or 2 models that overall scale (not necessarily just length) that are more overall massive than it.

its so impressive.  then i noticed it has no sails and was wondering :)

Sanjay

Edited by StarFyre
  • Like 5

I just suggest one of the kids I run games for jump into the KS. 

Last time I talked to him he was still working on the Bones Learn to Paint Kit. 

Dungeon Dwellers is just such a good starter set. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, StarFyre said:

Sanjay

They said very early on during a reaper live stream that there will be no sails. (They get in the way for gaming, anyway.)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, StarFyre said:

oh im not getting the ship. im in awe of the scale and design they have done.

very happy for people who wanted one for years.

i know they COULD do it, but had this strange feeling like maybe they won't.  but they did. 

i just spend for more monsters, etc.  but like i said, that thing *&^%# slaps my longest model and only got 1 or 2 models that overall scale (not necessarily just length) that are more overall massive than it.

its so impressive. 

Sanjay

You are going to spend a little over 10 months looking at it in the pledge manager. A lot of things can happen in 10 months.  Hope your resolve is strong.

Image result for dark side cookies

• Haha 8
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, ksbsnowowl said:

...but I'm betting the nameplate on the back remains blank, so we can each name our own ship as we please. 

It dang well better stay blank. I am looking forward to plotting out my own decals/freehand. 

Now if Reaper wants to cast some optional fancy metal nameplates with prechosen popular names for people to glue on, that's fine by me. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, dschumm said:

Does anyone have a link to the small ship that likely will be in Brinewind III?  Trying to figure out it's size relative to Sir Forscale

They said it would be roughly double the length of the Dreadmere row boat, which itself is 3" long. So I'd say 5"-6" in length. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ksbsnowowl said:

They said it would be roughly double the length of the Dreadmere row boat, which itself is 3" long. So I'd say 5"-6" in length. 

I just know some people are going to be 'Why do I need the big ship?  I can just get the one in Brinewind or some of the dredmere ones'  

So I was going to crop together all three showing how insanely awesomely big the pirate ship is. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Skallabjorn said:

You are going to spend a little over 10 months looking at it in the pledge manager. A lot of things can happen in 10 months.  Hope your resolve is strong.

Image result for dark side cookies

nah not gonna happen.  no interest in vehicles, terrain, etc. 

and the projects i have ahead of me for the next year, after this kickstarter week is done, will keep me occupied :) 

also, i dont check the pledge manager. i put in what i want up front, select stuff the moment the pledge manager is ready and then done. just wait :)

Sanjay

• Like 4