ladystorm

Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

4 Days to go and I have us at a 50/50 to catch Bones 1. Nice movement today. I haven't factored in CR appearance so that may blow me out of the water. Backers is the same story. We are way ahead of Bones 4 but I think it is unlikely we will match their endgame (we don't need to). It will be a fun last couple of days.

b5.thumb.jpg.1b8704298187ee83602290a67ec0aea3.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5

18 minutes ago, Chris Palmer said:

Hmmm... 1400+ backers in 3 days will be a tough one. 

Need to average 16 new backers per hour to break Bones One record.

I see that as doable for the last two days and a big question mark for the time between now and the reminder emails kicking in.

GEM

• Like 7

Number Based on 1800-1900 Reaper time today:
Current Total Pledges: $2,398,595
Current Total Backers: 16,218
Next Goal At $2,445,000
To go to Next Goal $46,405
Hours to next goal based on gains this hour: 14.3
Hours to next goal based on 24h Avg: 17.4

Gain in last Hour: $3,242
New Backers This Hour: 7
Total Gain Today: $44,598
Total Gain 24 Hours: $64,180
Average Hourly Pledges Today: $2,230
Average Hourly Pledges 24 Hours: $2,674
Current Average Pledge: $147.90
Average Hourly Backers Today: 4.5
Average Hourly Backers 24 Hours: 4.3
Previous Hour Total Pledges: $2,395,353
Previous Hour Total Backers: 16,211
Backers to beat Bones 1 1,464
Days to hit Bones 1 based on 24 hour average 14.4
Backers to beat Bones 2 -1255
Backers to beat Bones 3 -2753
Backers to beat Bones 4 -20
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 5

10 minutes ago, Canadian Brandon said:

I haven't read it, but I assume it's great as I love his other books. It also reminds me of the mummy 3, and Uncharted yeti scenes. 

I haven’t read the book, but the movie was pretty good. Tim Curry, Ernie Hudson. Cast was pretty good too. 

Congo, that is... and Amy is a good gorilla. 

Edited by Smokestack
  • Like 7

5 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Need to average 16 new backers per hour to break Bones One record.

I see that as doable for the last two days and a big question mark for the time between now and the reminder emails kicking in.

GEM

Bones 2 got 1530 backers in the last 4 days and seems to be the most similar Ks to this one. So tough but I think 50% is the best guess for right now. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Evilhalfling said:

okay even in my 40's I'm still a little embarrassed when painting female nudes. 

scantily clad is fine.  I have never tried see-through cloth, but I imagine that I would have to be so focused on technique that I would feel no embarrassment (unless it turned out badly)  

Whereas I like painting semi-nude men, especially if they are larger than 32mm, so I have room for fun muscle details. 

- never painted fully nude male, but it would likely be just as embarrassing. 

:lol: You aren't alone; it's still feels kind of weird when I'm painting female bits. 

These lovely fellas, though... Well, one of the nice things about being married is I'll have a handsome scale model for reference. Plus an excuse to have him lounge invitingly on a couch nearby while I'm painting... :devil:  :lol:

Yeah I'm totally getting these when they're unlocked! :lol:

32 minutes ago, Chris Palmer said:

Hmmm... 1400+ backers in 3 days will be a tough one. 

Agreed. I'm leaning toward we'll be close but not quite make it. However, this KS has surprised me several times, so we'll see. I do like the treasure golem (yes, our party has legit fought such a thing before :lol:)

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

• Like 4
  • Haha 13

Bunch of close up photos in a new Update email. 

91FC91E8-47EA-4662-9218-133CFE345FEC.jpeg

EA284E97-5632-4286-9E0A-724E909D20D6.jpeg

892BC8D0-A464-4DE0-AA08-2C74F191169F.jpeg

B300C2EA-B68E-4201-ABC5-200B21F293C8.jpeg

14 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

Agreed. I'm leaning toward we'll be close but not quite make it. However, this KS has surprised me several times, so we'll see. I do like the treasure golem (yes, our party has legit fought such a thing before :lol:)

I wonder if we get close when the KS ends  whether they will just go ahead and unlock it.  Reaper has seldom just left a revealed stretch goal like that locked.  Or, their analysis shows them there is a very very good chance we will reach the required numbers. 

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 6

1 hour ago, BrokenWolf668 said:

Hmmm, so far, none of the encounters has really done it for me, a fact for which my wallet is eternally grateful since I think all of them added together is more than the ship. What did surprise me was that the last reveal for the Greek Odyssey really pushed me from "wait for retail" to "man I really need this".

My sentiments exactly.  I pledged $120 but knew I was never going to get the core set, rather that was my 'kitty' to spend as I saw fit.  Was getting concerned that I wouldnt really find enough of interest this time around but that Greek Xpac part 3  moved it into must buy territory.  Just waiting for the last dragon or two (and Murkillor dammit!) and i should be good...

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Chris Palmer said:

I wonder if we get close when the KS ends  whether they will just go ahead and unlock it.  Reaper has seldom just left a revealed stretch goal like that locked.  Or, their analysis shows them there is a very very good chance we will reach the required numbers. 

My guess is that it will depend on how close we get vs how many people they expect to sign up in the pledge manager post KS. 

Could be one of those like part three of the Stygian Barge, where it "unlocked" a few weeks after the pledge manager opened. 

• Like 8

Number Based on 1900-2000 Reaper time today:
Current Total Pledges: $2,400,246
Current Total Backers: 16,226
Next Goal At $2,445,000
To go to Next Goal $44,754
Hours to next goal based on gains this hour: 27.1
Hours to next goal based on 24h Avg: 16.7

Gain in last Hour: $1,651
New Backers This Hour: 8
Total Gain Today: $46,249
Total Gain 24 Hours: $64,345