Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

ladystorm

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Jason Zavoda said:

Anyone know who I contact about resetting my pledge manager password. I thought i had it saved but it wont let me in and when i hit the reset button it isnt sending anything to my email address.

There was supposedly some sort of glitch that erased a number of accounts.

Easiest way will probably be to establish a new account with the same info as before.

GEM

Granted, there are still more than 2 hours to go in Kickstarter's counting of "today" (as they seem to run on the US Eastern Time Zone), but we've had a nice spike, raking in more than $50k today:

image.png.4770d940c8527fc954d94f89cc533879.png

3 minutes ago, Darsc Zacal said:

The learn to paint kit with 12 of the Bones V minis is a bit of a puzzler to me.

Wonder if there’ll be an option just for the paints.

Huh? Wha...?

Oh.

image.thumb.png.81f0b243ef77460c41340ca18998b0c0.png

Interesting.  Not for me, but interesting.

I hope this isn't in place of a second paint add-on...

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Darsc Zacal said:

The learn to paint kit with 12 of the Bones V minis is a bit of a puzzler to me.

Wonder if there’ll be an option just for the paints.

That looks like they're aiming it at people who want to dip their toes in the water. 

I may have to add a few of those in the pledge manager to give as gifts in 2021 and 2022. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Doug Sundseth said:
3 hours ago, TGP said:

This Reaper ship is a sloop-of-War. It’s almost exactly the same size as the fictional HMS Atropos which was a sixth-rate sloop-of-War. 

A 6th-rater is a frigate (a "rated" ship) and would have been commanded (in British service) by a Captain. Sloops of war were considered "unrated" and would generally have been commanded by a Commander. (A sloop of war would have been 18 or fewer guns.)

I never argue with C.S. Forester regarding the RN. Atropos was the tiniest 6th rate in the fleet and Hornblower might not have been a full Captain in that novel? (It’s been awhile since I read that one.) ...was he maybe a Post-Captain?

• Like 4

I'm mentally going through the list my player and I made about which mini's in Core we really like and definitely want...

Of the 12 mini's in that set, he wants the catfolk really bad.  That's it.

Did they purposefully pick out the *meh* mini's for this set?

Okay, so "Medium Skin Tone" isn't a single paint color on Reaper's website.  Rather it is a triad of three paints, none of which are named "Medium Skin Tone."  Color me confused.

Edited by ksbsnowowl
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, ksbsnowowl said:

Okay, so "Medium Skin Tone" isn't a single paint color on Reaper's website.  Rather it is a triad of three paints, none of which are named "Medium Skin Tone."  Color me confused.

My GUESS (I don't actually know anything about this) is that they are probably going to be new paint colors, which have not yet been named (or possibly mixed). /speculation

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 5

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.