Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

ladystorm

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, GMStuff said:

What do you guys and gals think about using the Mandupar Pass with the Bones 4 Gorillas?  I just finished painting our two cores worth of Gorillas and am wondering if it's worth picking up this encounter.  Can't decide if those Yeti would look appropriate alongside the B4 Gorillas.  Would appreciate any thoughts.

I think it would work great with the B4 Gorillas instead of the Yetis.  I'm not so sure about combining the Yetis and Gorillas in the same scene...

I think the terrain pieces would make a great jungle monkey temple with gorillas guarding it. 

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, Chris Palmer said:

I think it would work great with the Gorillas instead of the Yetis.  I'm not so sure about combining the Yetis and Gorillas in the same scene...

I think the terrain pieces would make a great jungle monkey temple with gorillas guarding it. 

That's a great point, thanks. 

The yeti are "sorta kinda" close enough to be a cousin (different species) of the gorillas.  Was thinking something similar to the way there were similar but different primates in Planet of the Apes.  Gorillas, Orangutans, Monkeys, etc.  They would likely not end up "yeti" in this usage I suppose, but a species more similar to the great apes we have from the prior KS.

• Like 5

For those who missed it, someone brought up what the rear of the Yeti temple looked like:

Jason Wiebe about 7 hours ago

Slightly detailed. Texture, craggy, a nook chipped out where an ancient statue may have been.

Not an overly detailed description but it's something at least.  I'm glad to hear it's not a flat surface.  Wish we had pics!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

That Learn to Paint Kit would have been great if it'd ship sooner than the rest of the KS, or if they would release something similar in the store with Bones 4 minis instead of 5 as a "while you wait" measure.

Folk have always recommended the LTPKs for people asking in the KS comments what they should do until their pledges arrive. Quite a few people seem to be getting into the hobby with those Bones KSs since it helps to get a lot your roleplaying needs met rather quickly. Those people are probably the ones most in need of a LTPK, but those are also the people who don't have tons of backlog already and want something to learn and paint now. Atleast that was how I was feeling last KS.

Also, the miniatures in the LTPK aren't unique (thank Tymora) but from what I can see from the Core and Dungeon Dweller sets. With so many characters in those I don't see the need to have doubles of those figures.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Nunae said:

That Learn to Paint Kit would have been great if it'd ship sooner than the rest of the KS, or if they would release something similar in the store with Bones 4 minis instead of 5 as a "while you wait" measure.

Folk have always recommended the LTPKs for people asking in the KS comments what they should do until their pledges arrive. Quite a few people seem to be getting into the hobby with those Bones KSs since it helps to get a lot your roleplaying needs met rather quickly. Those people are probably the ones most in need of a LTPK, but those are also the people who don't have tons of backlog already and want something to learn and paint now. Atleast that was how I was feeling last KS.

Also, the miniatures in the LTPK aren't unique (thank Tymora) but from what I can see from the Core and Dungeon Dweller sets. With so many characters in those I don't see the need to have doubles of those figures.

Couldn't agree more.  Shipping these earlier would be a great boon for many - including Reaper themselves (and thus, those addicts among us who gain when Reaper benefits).

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Nunae said:

I agree with this.   Even a ships early option would have been better; get it to folks 8-12 months before the actual KS delivers.    It really seems a wasted opportunity.  

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Chris Palmer said:

I agree with this.   Even a ships early option would have been better; get it to folks 8-12 months before the actual KS delivers.    It really seems a wasted opportunity.  

That's what I expected to see when I heard it was getting it's own pledge option. Weirdly, the 40-buck option didn't seem to mention the ltpk at all.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Chris Palmer said:

Or another method, perhaps release it to retail and allow KS backers a coupon to pay KS pricing but get it from a FLGS or via Reaper site.  Tons of ways they could do this that would be better than putting off potential new collectors for a year or two.

5 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

in case it hasn't been shared. This is from Jason Wiebe's facebook on his post of the encounter renders

74604632_10156874988857957_5172854926220460032_n.jpg

Awe inspiring detail there, thanks for sharing it.  Are there other images on his FB page?  I'm leaning more and more toward adding this.

Edited by GMStuff
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, GMStuff said:

Or another method, perhaps release it to retail and allow KS backers a coupon to pay KS pricing but get it from a FLGS or via Reaper site.  Tons of ways they could do this that would be better than putting off potential new collectors for a year or two.

Awe inspiring detail there, thanks for sharing it.  Are there other images on his FB page?  I'm leaning more and more toward adding this.

the rest on his facebook page are the same from the update showing close up renders

• Like 2

Number Based on 0500-0610 Reaper time today:
Current Total Pledges: $2,424,442
Current Total Backers: 16,373
Next Goal At $2,445,000
To go to Next Goal $20,558
Hours to next goal based on gains this hour: 20.1
Hours to next goal based on 24h Avg: 8.4

Gain in last Hour: $1,021
New Backers This Hour: 8
Total Gain Today: $10,020
Total Gain 24 Hours: $58,900
Average Hourly Pledges Today: $1,431
Average Hourly Pledges 24 Hours: $2,454
Current Average Pledge: $148.08
Average Hourly Backers Today: 11.1
Average Hourly Backers 24 Hours: 9.4
Previous Hour Total Pledges: $2,423,421
Previous Hour Total Backers: 16,365
Backers to beat Bones 1 1,309
Days to hit Bones 1 based on 24 hour average 5.8
Backers to beat Bones 2 -1410
Backers to beat Bones 3 -2908
Backers to beat Bones 4 -175

Numbers from 610am RST. Overnight are averages. Overall a really good night with about 80 new backers since midnight RST. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2