Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

ladystorm

3 minutes ago, Chris Palmer said:

Has anyone checked to see if Texas is still there...?

While I don't expect them to stay up all night, coming into work a little early wouldn't kill anybody, you know...::P:

Maybe they followed my advice from earlier and went to have some beer after work.  Yesterday was a lot more work than they were expecting!

• Like 3

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Doug Sundseth said:

I know that there has been some grumbling about no unlocks overnight. But in addition to the whole, "sleep is good" thing, I think that Reaper was scrambling a bit at the end of the day.

From previous comments, they plan the beginning of the campaign, then based on how that's going they refactor and plan more. It's my impression that they blew through all of their planning, including their contingency planning, by yesterday afternoon. So it seems likely to me that some quick meetings probably needed to happen before we get on to the next unlocks.

In particular, I suspect that unlock breakpoints will need to be figured out, the order of unlocks will need to be adjusted, and possibly some emergency art orders will need to go out. Last night might have been very busy in Denton without anything being visible from outside the company.

For sure. Remember that we are at nearly 1.2 millions already. That is nearly 11 days faster than Bones 4 took to get to the same point!!!
I'm sure they were scrambling all day yesterday and exhausted

Edited by neomage2021
  • Like 6

5 minutes ago, Doug Sundseth said:

I know that there has been some grumbling about no unlocks overnight. But in addition to the whole, "sleep is good" thing, I think that Reaper was scrambling a bit at the end of the day.

From previous comments, they plan the beginning of the campaign, then based on how that's going they refactor and plan more. It's my impression that they blew through all of their planning, including their contingency planning, by yesterday afternoon. So it seems likely to me that some quick meetings probably needed to happen before we get on to the next unlocks.

In particular, I suspect that unlock breakpoints will need to be figured out, the order of unlocks will need to be adjusted, and possibly some emergency art orders will need to go out. Last night might have been very busy in Denton without anything being visible from outside the company.

I would add that day one momentum has historically been really good since Bones II. Stumbling a little bit over teasers and updates in the first 18 hours is probably not going to have a big impact on the stampede of early backers hurling money at the screen. As we continue into day two, it will take more finesse to keep up some kind of energy and momentum from now until the last week of the campaign.

(Based on my deeply expert armchair quarterbacking of an already 4-time successful Kickstarter creator)

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Crowley said:

I do kinda miss the videos they did in Bones 1. 

Did you watch the opening video at the top of the Kickstarter page?  Very reminiscent of the ones from the first Kickstarter...

Anyone know who Bones voice guy is?

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chris Palmer said:

Did you watch the opening video at the top of the Kickstarter page?  Very reminiscent of the ones from the first Kickstarter...

Anyone know who Bones voice guy is?

I hadn't! Somehow missed that there was a video in yesterday's rush!

3 minutes ago, Bane Of Humanity said:

Wait...warehouse or boat? lol

Yes! (hopefully yes on the boat)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, neomage2021 said:

That is nearly 11 days faster than Bones 4 took to get to the same point!!!

I thought it was faster but not that much faster!

Has any started making the comparison charts like they did in bones 4, comparing progress to Bones 3, 2 and 1? 

10 minutes ago, TheMandolin said:

Someone might have already asked this, but is the base separate? 

It was in the sculpt as requested by Reaper.  That said, a lot happens in the production process that may change that. Don't count on anything more than what Reaper has officially shown.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, TheMandolin said:

I thought it was faster but not that much faster!

Has any started making the comparison charts like they did in bones 4, comparing progress to Bones 3, 2 and 1? 

Basically Bones 2 was the highest grossing in a single day.  Which is supposedly but not confirmed to be $949K
So....Bones 5 destroyed that record. 

• Thanks 2

Just now, Bane Of Humanity said:

Which is supposedly but not confirmed to be $949K
So....Bones 5 destroyed that record

Oooooooooooooooooooooo

1 minute ago, TaleSpinner said:

It was in the sculpt as requested by Reaper.  That said, a lot happens in the production process that may change that. Don't count on anything more than what Reaper has officially shown.

I'll keep an eye out then! A lot of Bones 4 minis had separate bases which was suuuper helpful

4 minutes ago, Bane Of Humanity said:

Basically Bones 2 was the highest grossing in a single day.  Which is supposedly but not confirmed to be $949K
So....Bones 5 destroyed that record. 

Kicktraq records this information live as Kickstarters run. It's not official data reporting by Reaper of Kickstarter, but it should be pretty reliable.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, OddMoominOut said:

Ouch.... 1st ed right? Or 2...man, those were mean things....

28 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Old school is the best!!

I'm on my 3rd cup of coffee Ron!! Come on!!

Confirmed that was 1e. From back in the Gygaxian Age. Before there were edition numbers.