Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

12 minutes ago, Bane Of Humanity said:

Wait...warehouse or boat? lol

I heard on the ReaperCon tour this year that they were expanding their facility significantly.  I don’t remember the sq. footage, but i think it was more than doubling their footprint.  They have a lot of undeveloped land, I think.

I guess they’re also building a boat?!  :poke:

• Like 2
  • Replies 13.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so excited to see what comes next, the Bones 5 enthusiasm train will be just the thing to break me out of my no painting slump. It's been a stressful summer and counter-intuitively I've barely touched my paints, just haven't been motivated, but I totally broke out a Bones 4 Troll to work on tonight!

Edited by TheMandolin
spelling error
  • Like 1
43 minutes ago, lowlylowlycook said:

Is it not time for the stick?

No, it is not time for a stick.  It is never time for a stick.  That kind of violence or implied violence is more counter productive.

Business Hours at Reaper HQ are 9 AM to 6 PM CST with lunch taken from 1 PM to 2 PM.

Reaper-on-call-24-7 is a ludicrous expectation.

Please try to remember your favorite Bryan also took nights, weekends and lunches during the campaigns.

Also, Ron will be much busier than Bryan ever was as he runs multiple departments and will be on the Forums significantly less than previous Campaign Project Leads were.

3 minutes ago, rubegon said:

I heard on the ReaperCon tour this year that they were expanding their facility significantly.  I don’t remember the sq. footage, but i think it was more than doubling their footprint.

A new facility was purchased, almost next door to the current.  There is both office and warehouse space existing on the property but my understanding is some construction will also occur.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 9
6 minutes ago, Guindyloo said:

That voice definitely sounds like Kit and the first lady voice that asks a question is definitely Adrienne. I don't know about the second lady voice or the child voice.

I have to disagree.

It did not sound like Adrienne to me.

I suspect those are Kit's family.  He probably filmed it in the UK not in TX.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5
Just now, ladystorm said:

I have to disagree.

It did not sound like Adrienne to me.

I suspect those are Kit's family.  He probably filmed it in the UK not in TX.

Good point, I was thinking they'd filmed it during Reapercon. You'd definitely know Adrienne's voice better than I do.

• Like 4
21 minutes ago, dwarvenranger said:

Alright, I'm in again. Only for a dollar as I don't see that much I want yet. And also since the wife has informed me I have north of 2k unpainted minis, IHO I don't need anymore. I do have to reluctantly admit she may have a point.

You have a count of unpainted miniatures?  I am afraid to actually count!

• Like 1

So Day 1 highlights for me:

Dungeon Dwellers

Troll Bridge

Aganzarax

Fire Giant

Dragon Bust

Catapult

Lowlights:

Most of the spell effects (though I like the disc)

Boulderkin

Stain Glass Golem

Kid Heroes

Townsfolk (they are just a bit too static for me)

All in all though very happy. Core Set still going to be great for me and there are a bunch of add one I want. Hard part will be figuring out the budget. 

24 minutes ago, ladystorm said:

Also, Ron will be much busier than Bryan ever was as he runs multiple departments and will be on the Forums significantly less than previous Campaign Project Leads were.

Sadly, this sounds like the communication issues from Bones 4 have not been addressed....

• Sad 6
14 minutes ago, ladystorm said:

A new facility was purchased, almost next door to the current.  There is both office and warehouse space existing on the property but my understanding is some construction will also occur.

Thanks ladystorm - I knew it was mentioned on the tour, but was very fuzzy on the specifics.  Good to know there's already some usable space there as it looked like Reaper is pretty cramped in their current building.  I'll look forward to seeing how they've expanded next year on the 2020 ReaperCon tour.

I asked about overnight updates in the thread last night just because I've not done a kickstarter before.  I understand they're a small team and this kind of project stretches them pretty thin.  I'm totally ok with KS updates only during normal office hours.

It might help to post updates letting people know when they'll be taking time off, though.  I know Ron posted in the KS comments, but that's not very visible.  Adding something to the campaign text or as an official update might work better to get the word out and ensure people have more reasonable expectations.

Thanks for hanging in there during this craziness!  I can't imagine what it's like for the Reaper folks and forum admins right now!

• Like 2