Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

36 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

Same here. 

I have a feeling that there is going to be some ongoing uproar about their size for the entire campaign, with two camps - those who want them to match the rest of the mouslings and those who want them chibi sized. 

... how 'bout both? 

(Other than logistics, and the expense of keeping two molds per Mouseling, that is. ;p )

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

something i drew many many many years ago   seems fitting

I totally agree with you in that those particular exaggerations are not very realistic in function. This was a challenging character/figure to create because I wanted her to read as feminine but als

Posted Images

35 minutes ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

Speaking of aging eyes and mouslings, might I remind people of these :)

My eyes just turned 50  when this was done BTW:(

https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/86455-mouslings-quite-an-assortment-most-of-the-bones-mouslings-image-heavy/&tab=comments#comment-1833732

Nicely done.

I'm dealing with eyes that have myopia and astigmatism, plus I've suffered a detached retina in my left eye.

The surgery for the detached retina stimulated a cataract so I now have an artificial lens on that side.

I have a large collection of "magnifiers" that help somewhat but there are times when getting the right focus on tiny objects just isn't possible any more.

But at 70, I'll take what I can get.

Sometimes that means working on larger scale figures.

GEM

12 minutes ago, Sylverthorne said:

... how 'bout both? 

(Other than logistics, and the expense of keeping two molds per Mouseling, that is. ;p )

At least until there is a strong bias seen in which sizes are being purchased.

GEM

• Like 5

I like the tiny mouselings, but then, I have not bought any yet. My hobby budget is taken up with stuff I can use for games, and none of my friends like anthro that isn't already in the D&D rules. The details don't look any smaller than some of the Wizkids gnomes and halflings I've done, though, which I really enjoyed (even though their details were clearly rendered to be in-scale on a computer screen, rather than easy to paint). But then, I'm 31. My astigmatism is getting worse and I need new glasses, but I don't need reading bifocals yet.

• Like 4

Hi guys, I am unable to log in to twitch when I am at work because of firewalls but I can watch and listen to the feeds. I was late getting to the feed the other day and it bumped me to a group of 6 people playing some kind of futuristic virus type fantasy game and I would love to know who was raided so I can find it again to see what happens. :D Does anyone know who/where I can find this group on twitch?  Thanks ever so much.

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, ksbsnowowl said:

Less than $10,000 to the next goal. 

Given updates have to be manually entered I wonder if Reaper has designated a Night Watch for the last 48 hours. Like, Ron takes first watch, Dave takes second watch, Ed sleeps through third watch (because the GM never rolls for a random encounter during third watch :devil: ), and Justin updates during fourth watch because Ed missed the ding again?

More likely not those four, more likely interns, but the concept stays the same.

• Like 1
  • Haha 10
24 minutes ago, Morggey said:

I like the tiny mouselings, but then, I have not bought any yet. My hobby budget is taken up with stuff I can use for games, and none of my friends like anthro that isn't already in the D&D rules. The details don't look any smaller than some of the Wizkids gnomes and halflings I've done, though, which I really enjoyed (even though their details were clearly rendered to be in-scale on a computer screen, rather than easy to paint). But then, I'm 31. My astigmatism is getting worse and I need new glasses, but I don't need reading bifocals yet.

When it becomes time for the bifocular lenses go for the transition lenses, not the old fashioned lenses with the line.  The transition lenses allow you to move your line of sight through the transition zone which is often helpful in finding just the right field of focus for close work such as miniatures painting.

GEM

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
13 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

When it becomes time for the bifocular lenses go for the transition lenses, not the old fashioned lenses with the line.  The transition lenses allow you to move your line of sight through the transition zone which is often helpful in finding just the right field of focus for close work such as miniatures painting.

GEM

Just got transitional lenses a few months ago. I really like them. I've never worn bifocals so can't say how they compare. I already wore pretty expensive glasses and these are nearly double that. But after a few months of not being able to read properly and  bad headaches I think they are worth it. I was really impressed with how there's not obvious transition line and they mostly seemlessly blend into what I need. I rarely need to do any head bobbing to have the proper focus for the task at hand.

Looking forward to seeing Brinewood 3. On the fence about it right now although I like the theme. Wouldn't take a lot to tip me over into adding it to the wish list.

• Like 6
20 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

GEM

I second that - and get glasses with large lenses.  My first progressives were narrow, rectangular lenses, and they have a very small usable area.  The bigger ones have larger areas for close focus as well as for far vision, and a more gradual transition between the two.

So, Oct 31 was a pretty good day.  Total pledging was $146K and 435 backers added.  For comparison, the day 48h emails went out for Bones 4, the numbers were $159K and 570 backers.  B5 has been trending lower than B4 towards the end of the campaign, so I hope that isn't a broader trend.  I'm thinking today might be lower because the day the reminder emails went out is a Halloween weekday, and perhaps many people in the US were rushing home from work and getting on with holiday festivities.  We'll see what tomorrow looks like.

dailypledges.png.2b8a58b33d0c1fe492b8f6343cde7917.png

dailybackers.png.302e2af471155cecd56a5c3efc778229.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6

OK, so the nerd noise doesn't end.  I finally got around to making my own spreadsheet because I just had a burning desire to play with data.  I'm looking at it a bit differently, plotting trends in the hourly data during the last couple of days.

I've been collecting pledge/backer data regularly since this morning and started plotting it intra-day.  I filled in some data that Mr. @Crowley had reported, and will continue to fill in with his numbers when I miss (thank you sir!).

Here's a graph of total pledged $ and total backers starting from 6:00AM 31 Oct, extending to the end of the KS:

1132016964_B5Cumulative.thumb.PNG.07f05322848f5337f9ec897e25758b89.PNG

And here is the hourly data.  This is the amount pledged per hour and the number of backers added per hour, throughout the day.  Note that I've sometimes captured the data at increments other than an hour (sometimes twice in an hour, or sometimes a bit later than exactly on the hour).  All of the data is normalized to correct for the exact time intervals, so I'm showing comparable hourly rates for each data point.

1916867424_B5Hourly.thumb.PNG.145c146ed9a5e6eb3b979e9938f0a16a.PNG

You can see a sharp dip in pledging around 6pm - maybe commute time in North America?  Pledging peaked at $12-14K mid afternoon and evening from 7-10pm (all Reaper Standard Time).

Finally, I made a "Ding Countdown" graph:

1459423995_B5Ding.thumb.PNG.330f94cbf416388b98c4d7019dc7457c.PNG

Current pledging rates are now holding steady around $4-5K/hr, so I expect the next ding around 2:00am.  I'm curious to see how pledging holds up through the night, but I have to get some sleep.  I'm hoping Crowley posts numbers at 6:00AM so I don't have too big a gap in the data! :rolleyes:

• Like 8
  • Thanks 6