Sign in to follow this  
ladystorm

Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

I'm certainly not a hold out for Chronoscope, but it is the set that I'm most looking forward to.  Right now , without doing any math, I expect I had enough extra in there for 2 ships (beyond other stuff I want).    Some of that may go to Chronoscope.  If Chronoscope is awesome (IMEF) then I might need to add some funds to get a couple of them though......

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

If Chronoscope is awesome (IMEF) then I might need to add some funds to get a couple of them though......

All their existing IMEF metal sculpts have made the translation to Bones - that would mean all new sculpts, which I don't see them doing at this point. 

If we're lucky enough to get all new sci-fi sculpts, I'd rather see them going to expanding things like the Rach, Malvernis, Sligg and sci-fi dwarf soldiers. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, criticalhit said:

Do you think that the Chronoscope holdouts will jump in now to contribute toward the unlock, or do you think that will they wait until after the set unlocks and reveals a cohesive theme?

I've already jumped in and raised my pledge twice.  Probably what I'll do is drop some of the fantasy off my 'maybe' list in favor of the chronoscope, as long as it's cohesive and usable for me. 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Chris Palmer said:

That's what I was wondering too.  It's not clear the way it's written.

Ah, but that's the question isn't it? Maybe it's clear and maybe it isn't.

::D:

• Haha 9

16 minutes ago, Rainbow Sculptor said:

YAY!!! Sirens!! Translucent aqua is a surprise but I think it'll be cool! 

I definitely didn't expect the large scenic base and translucent aqua, but I think it adds an interesting element to them.  

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Doug Sundseth said:

Ah, but that's the question isn't it? Maybe it's clear and maybe it isn't.

::D:

HAHA According to Ron in the KS comments everything will be in the translucent aqua (sirens and base)

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

All their existing IMEF metal sculpts have made the translation to Bones - that would mean all new sculpts, which I don't see them doing at this point. 

If we're lucky enough to get all new sci-fi sculpts, I'd rather see them going to expanding things like the Rach, Malvernis, Sligg and sci-fi dwarf soldiers. 

What I'd like to see (unlikely as it may be) is IMEF vs someone, with at least a vehicle, maybe bike or hoverbike, heavy artillery, that sort of stuff for the IMEF and then expansion of one of the alien races (I'd love to see more from the Blackstar Corsairs not that we know they are alien) with some similar cool kit.

I'd be surprised to see Rach or Malvernis, since those are tied to CAV.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, LittleBluberry said:

I definitely didn't expect the large scenic base and translucent aqua, but I think it adds an interesting element to them.  

Yes, it does give them a certain allure.  ::P:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Crowley said:

Bwahaha! You can have my wheel, I'll have dino pirates!

See, Dino pirates make sense though. Because pirates accept all sorts of folks, don’t care what you are, as long and you want to sail, can do the work, and don’t get in the way of everyone’s stabby-shooty funtimes. 

40 minutes ago, TripleH said:

522ff1a1474a27d30e8666d8b7bba9cd_original.jpg?ixlib=rb-2.1.0&w=639&fit=max&v=1572561113&auto=format&gif-q=50&q=92&s=ee6f2a317b95106daae4d00455cb406c

Ooo! Nice display piece! I may have to get a couple for gifts!

28 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

I really hope that Chronoscope expansion has a cohesive theme. 

I’d dig it if there were even three themes. The large muscle guy seen with Santa is from their super hero’s, so supers would be great. Pulp or diesel punk would be great. Just have some good groupings!

• Like 10

23 minutes ago, BrokenWolf668 said:

Sorry for the repeat, but does anyone know if the Halloween Knight addition is going to be available as a separate separate choice for those of us not getting a complete Core Set?

My understanding is, Yes.  Everything that gets added to the Core Set at this point will be broken off into its own Core Set Extra Set. Just like the Gem Dragon and Petey D are.  But I have no direct knowledge, and am just assuming based on what we've seen.

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

What I'd like to see (unlikely as it may be) is IMEF vs someone, with at least a vehicle, maybe bike or hoverbike, heavy artillery, that sort of stuff for the IMEF and then expansion of one of the alien races (I'd love to see more from the Blackstar Corsairs not that we know they are alien) with some similar cool kit.

I could go for that.  IMEF on a bike would be great. 

I'd be willing to redo my Rottweiler grav tank for Reaper for the IMEF.  Right now it's optimized for 3d printing on an FDM printer - it would be fun to do it for regular production. 

4 minutes ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

I'd be surprised to see Rach or Malvernis, since those are tied to CAV.

But NOVA Corp was originally, too - AND Reaper did do the single sculpts they have of the Rach and Malvernis in Bones 4. 

• Like 3