Jump to content

Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread


ladystorm

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of you waiting for Chronoscope, what's the consensus right now? Is it what you expected? 

Imo for a themed set this bunch of miniatures are completely lacking of any cohesion: if it's steampunk, there is only a couple that fit, and it would have been nice to have some steampunk machinery instead of... Santa and a mad doctor. 

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Chronoscope stuff looks like a miscellaneous bunch of useful non-fantasy to me. Not special, but useful. And honestly, a lot of the expansions have been like that to me. And "useful" is a nice state to be in.

  • Like 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, NyarlaBcn said:

For those of you waiting for Chronoscope, what's the consensus right now? Is it what you expected? 

Sadly, it appears it's going to be exactly what the last couple of weeks of feedback from Reaper have led me to expect. 

it's going to be another scattershot collection of minis. 

Hopefully I'm wrong, and parts 2 * 3 show a more cohesive theme, and skirmish usable units. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

I just went through the Chronoscope Bones on the reapermini site, and only 808 is a repeat that I can see - it's 80005 Andre Durand.  

 

801 is 80031 decker lugstampf

811 is 80033 Frank Buck

804 is 80006 steampunk witch

808 is 80005 andre durand

 

805, 806, 807, 809 may be, or at least look extremely similar to stuff i already have in bones 

Edited by Sirithiliel
  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Other than a few obviously steampunk figures, I think it's a really nice Pulp set up.  You could plunk most any of those figures down  on an old wharf in 1930's New Orleans, bathed in the soft light of an old dive where the sounds of rough curses and rowdy laughter spill out into the thick humid air, and have yourself one heck of a fun encounter or skirmish game!

 

Now where could I get some docks and a small boat to make an old wharf...  Hmmmm? ::)::rolleyes:

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 6
  • Haha 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Cicciopiu said:

Charnel pit mean something like deadly hole? Help  poor cicciopiu english... 

A Charnel House is a place where the rendering of animal carcasses into useable cuts of meat takes place.

The Charnel Pit would be where all the mostly waste bits would end up, to be collected by a Renderer and turned into tallow, ground up bone meal and etc.

So if you combine this information with a bit of imagination I think you will have a pretty clear mental picture of what this expansion is intended to represent.

GEM

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Green Eyed Monster said:

A Charnel House is a place where the rendering of animal carcasses into useable cuts of meat takes place.

The Charnel Pit would be where all the mostly waste bits would end up, to be collected by a Renderer and turned into tallow, ground up bone meal and etc.

So if you combine this information with a bit of imagination I think you will have a pretty clear mental picture of what this expansion is intended to represent.

GEM

 

Represent a "want this too" 

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Let me see if i can make some sense of these figures...

 

801 Old dude in steam-power armor with big wrench (Decker Lugstampf)
802 Lady in steampunk clothes holding a weird raygun and... mask?
803 Bearded guy in steampunk clothes with a techno-cane and pocket watch
804 Steampunk witch
805 Cowboy-ish man with weird raygun
806 Steampunk girl with weird raygun
807 Cowboy-ish guy in long duster with raygun rifle
808 Steampunk hero with squirtgun and power glove (Andre Durand)
809 Vampire hunter in long duster with wooden cross and holy dagger
810 Guy in deep sea diver suit (minus helmet) with speargun
811 Indiana Jones (aka Frank Buck)
812 Immodest geisha with fan
813 Explorer in pith helmet with pistol and rifle
814 Scientist (?) with power glove and big hypodermic?
815 Man in old fashioned suit holding up a card
816 Baron Samedi
817 Santa Claus

 

I'm... uh... not sure what to do with this...

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Chris Palmer said:

Other than a few obviously steampunk figures, I think it's a really nice Pulp set up.  You could plunk most any of those figures down  on an old wharf in 1930's New Orleans, bathed in the soft light of an old dive where the sounds of rough curses and rowdy laughter spill out into the thick humid air, and have yourself one heck of a fun encounter or skirmish game!

 

Now where could I get some docks and a small boat to make an old wharf...  Hmmmm? ::)::rolleyes:

 

 

 

 

 

In feeling weird west myself

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Number Based on 1500-1600 Reaper time today:     
Current Total Pledges:    $2,749,479
Current Total Backers:     17,564
Next Goal At    $2,745,000
To go to Next Goal    -$4,479
Hours to next goal based on gains this hour:     -0.4
Hours to next goal based on 24h Avg:     -0.6
    
Gain in last Hour:     $10,329
New Backers This Hour:     31
Total Gain Today:     $118,390
Total Gain 24 Hours:     $183,022
Average Hourly Pledges Today:     $6,964
Average Hourly Pledges 24 Hours:     $7,626
Current Average Pledge:     $156.54
Average Hourly Backers Today:     13.1
Average Hourly Backers 24 Hours:     30.8
Previous Hour Total Pledges:     $2,739,150
Previous Hour Total Backers:     17,533
Backers to beat Bones 1    181
Hours to hit Bones 1 based on 24 hour average    5.9
Backers to beat Bones 2    -2601
Backers to beat Bones 3    -4099
Backers to beat Bones 4    -1366

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...