Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

ladystorm

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, kristof65 said:

All four of them are available on the Reaper Site though. 

Huh. I guess they released them anyway. I have no idea when that happened.

For a great example check out 80003 Ellen Stone. She got the nickname "Alien Stone" because her face looks more like a grey alien than a human.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, YronimosW said:

I'm thinking a lot of the backers have just been in a lousy mood all around!  Here's some therapy:

edec_1_910_1__81440.1409340555.380.500.J

This is two kittens in a barrel - look at them in there, having a whale of a time. You see the one on the left? He's called Phillip. Now when you look into Phillip's eyes, your anger will recede like an ocean....

Isn't that better?  That'll be €2.00!

This needs to be in the KS comments.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 8

Update 3:

We're adding about 40 backers per hour pretty steadily.  If that keeps up, we should unlock treasure golem in about 4 hours (~8:30pm).

Pledge rate is a bit noisier, but tracking around $10K/hour.  At that rate, next ding should be around the same time, maybe a bit sooner - say 8:00pm.

We've added a total of about $119K today so far, but I'd expect pledging will pick up in the evening.  Yesterday evening from 7-10pm saw the highest pledge volume.  If tonight is similarly higher than today, we would end the day at around $2.95M (3-4 more dings).  I think tonight will be even bigger due to it being the last night of the KS and last night being Halloween.  I'm thinking we'll end the night over $3M - maybe $3.1M (5-6 more dings) or so.

EDIT:

Ok, I'll go out on a limb.  I'm guessing tomorrow will bring in another $500-700K, putting the campaign at about a total of $3.4 - $3.8M total.  That would mean about another 13-21 unlocks before the end.

995609119_B5Cumulative3.PNG.ba5895624bf5c363103185b295de7455.PNG

521690457_B5Hourly3.PNG.c9efc71657dd96dbd8754ddf526e9d82.PNG

1566533956_B5Ding3.PNG.0897148978f6d0465d0092c8349a2db6.PNG

Edited by rubegon
Nostradomusification
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 6

7 minutes ago, Dan Goodchild said:

Huh. I guess they released them anyway. I have no idea when that happened.

For a great example check out 80003 Ellen Stone. She got the nickname "Alien Stone" because her face looks more like a grey alien than a human.

I just went down and got my copies of those minis.  Ellen is really bad, but none of the others really are.  None of them would be in my top 50 Bones minis that need to be redone in Bones Black list.  Andre, in particular is really pretty good. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

I just went down and got my copies of those minis.  Ellen is really bad, but none of the others really are.  None of them would be in my top 50 Bones minis that need to be redone in Bones Black list.  Andre, in particular is really pretty good. 

I agree about Not-Hellboy; I don't think needed it. The witch's broom was really bendy in Bones Classic, which is something I think they want to fix with Bones Black.

What's the fourth reissue?

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, TripleH said:

This needs to be in the KS comments.

477E905500000578-5202673-image-a-171_151

Here's an updated list of the teased/rumored/predicted items, with links to screenshots - "(NWS)" denotes links to screenshots that aren't work/family safe, so click them at your own discretion - the teased Wraiths, Santa, Charnal Pit of the Ghouls, and Nereids/Sirens (who weren't Brinewind after all) have been revealed since last night, and Chronoscope is definitely no longer a mere rumor:

Rumored items:

• Some female rogues?
  • A cart?  (possibly part of Brinewind?)
  • Sophie (rumored, possibly part of the Core Set?  Alternatively, there's no reason a pirate Sophie couldn't appear in Brinewind...)
  • A "fan favorites 2" expansion (it seems the Reapers talked about maybe doing this on a video I've not seen, with nothing more definite yet?)
  • A rumored Chronoscope set with a pulp/mythos theme.  (This was apparently teased in a video, but I didn't see the video for myself.)
  • a rumored Model A car (apparently teased in a video I didn't see for myself; possibly part of a Chronoscope/pulp/Mythos encounter?)
  • I thought I saw someone say there might be more Kid Adventurers coming up, but that looked unconfirmed and rumorish; if true, these seem likely to be Core Set figures....
  • another rumored piece of siege equipment, possibly a battering ram?
  • a Rakhshasa (?) Cheshire Cat (apparently from a separate project by the artist and shown off at Reapercon, and unlikely to appear in this Kickstarter)

Note that just because Reaper teased something, doesn't mean it will appear in this Kickstarter, and these teases may be incomplete or otherwise subject to change without warning, so don't get attached to any of the above.

As always, the rumored items could very likely be wishful thinking, a "game of telephones" gone wrong, or other fan shenanigans, so I wouldn't believe them until Reaper actually teases some screenshots or mentions them in an official update.

I have a pretty good feeling most, if not all, the items with teased screenshots will get unlocked in this Kickstarter - stay tuned!  :B):

Edited by YronimosW
at war with organization
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Cicciopiu said:

Ok. I'm in Belfast (northern Ireland) right now, cause my sweet half wanted to go to the A-ha concert... -.- this costed around 1200€ till now... 

Do you know what I mean... I have rights, am I right? I can buy everything I want from this KS, yeeeah? (please say yes)... 

Like the Man from Del Monte says...YES

1 hour ago, Cicciopiu said:

Ok. I'm in Belfast (northern Ireland) right now, cause my sweet half wanted to go to the A-ha concert... -.- this costed around 1200€ till now... 

Do you know what I mean... I have rights, am I right? I can buy everything I want from this KS, yeeeah? (please say yes)... 

Like the Man from Del Monte says...YES

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I can't find the picture, but we've seen a preview of a piece of terrain with a pit full of bones and goop in the middle of it, right? I'm guessing that's the charnel pit.

Just now, TheUncannyAK said:

Chronoscope: Pulp & Steam & Also Santa Claus.

Pulp &

Steam &

Modern & 

Horror & 

Santa

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, YronimosW said:

I wonder if "Modern and Horror" translates loosely to "Pulp and Mythos", or if they're aiming more for "zombie apocalypse"? 

I think I'd be OK with either, as long as they aren't loaded with too many repeats.

I suppose an IMEF/Novacorp style sci-fi third part would be awesome.  Cyberpunk/not-Shadowrun might be fun instead, though.

A lot of grumbling about the Chronoscope set, but then there's been a lot of grumbling about everything in the Kickstarter so far, even crowd-pleasers like the Pirate Ship got a lot of complaining about it being too big and so on, and then a lot of complaining when everyone began thinking it might shrink, then complaining about the Kickstarter possibly failing and the ship never getting unlocked, and then a lot of silence after it got unlocked.... 

I'm thinking a lot of the backers have just been in a lousy mood all around!  Here's some therapy:

edec_1_910_1__81440.1409340555.380.500.J

This is two kittens in a barrel - look at them in there, having a whale of a time. You see the one on the left? He's called Phillip. Now when you look into Phillip's eyes, your anger will recede like an ocean....

Isn't that better?  That'll be €2.00!

We need two kittens in a barrel added to the core set.   Or maybe chronoscope. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 8