Sign in to follow this  
ladystorm

Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

11 minutes ago, NyarlaBcn said:

Now we are so close to the end, how do you feel about this KS? overall, management, promotion, reveals, maps, content... 

I prefer not to read the comments section on the KS, but some of you said they were pretty negative all the time. 

Well first of all it shows that Reaper does read and listen to the "Bone we want to see" thread", many things were asked there.

I love the KS in general.

I love the encounter sets with the scenery, awesome move.

To be honest I didn't like the teasing much about some stuff, but that could be me.

And I think they could really improve their attitude towards Scifi/Chronoscope, It's a great set, but I still feel like it was done at gunpoint.

They can make a profit on it when smaller sets of themed groups would be released like has been mentioned.

Overall, Awesome!

Another huge succes for Reaper, and this also means the Hobby is still alive!

I have pledged $550 now and I already have boxes full of unpainted minis!

I will be Immortal!!!! MMWMMWWHHHHHAUUUUUUAHHHAAAAARRROOOOO!!!

• Like 9
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Hmmm... That was a number of unlocks during the night...  Question I'm curious about is when we'll see those otters ^_^

Fan Favorites?   

Im predicting a big figure dump into Fan favorites, and it all being released at once.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Chris Palmer said:

Fan Favorites?   

Im predicting a big figure dump into Fan favorites, and it all being released at once.

I hope you're right!

I want more MORE MORE!!!!! :;,;:

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

I haven't looked at the KS comments even once, so I seem to have missed the negativity.

That's something I did last KS. I was VERY confused by the Fan Favorites Expansion, since a lot of it was apparently hot stuff in the KS comments but nobody mentioned it here ...

This go around I tried to drum up some fey support in the comments, but I always feel weird posting the same thing again and again.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, NyarlaBcn said:

Now we are so close to the end, how do you feel about this KS? overall, management, promotion, reveals, maps, content... 

I prefer not to read the comments section on the KS, but some of you said they were pretty negative all the time. 

the encounters are really cool. 

they are so tempting and yet I can't afford them all  but any one or two is a more focused group that falls into the amount of money I spend without second-guessing 

I am just going to half to create a ranked list and see how far down the list I am willing to buy. 

since we have the highest backers ever it is hard to critique their promotion strategy. 

the comments weren't all neg all the time - mostly I remember the one guy asking for a chimera over and over, and others getting tired of it.

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 8

I think this run was pretty perfect. Highest backers ever , most or second most money ever. The encounters are awesome. More expansions than ever. I would prefer a couple more big non dragon monsters but they did great. For my the social media cross promotion stuff is just getting started, they can do even more. Also the pirate is great and expensive. I kind of wish that had been advertised more and there was more obvious information about it

• Like 8

I admire Reaper for trying a bunch of new stuff this time, some hits, some misses.

Encounters

Busts

LTPK

Themed Chronoscope

They always keeep it interesting and fresh, even for those of us who have done their previous ones.

And how about 18,000+ backers!  Wonder if we will ever see that record broken!?

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Well first of all it shows that Reaper does read and listen to the "Bone we want to see" thread", many things were asked there.

I love the KS in general.

I love the encounter sets with the scenery, awesome move.

To be honest I didn't like the teasing much about some stuff, but that could be me.

And I think they could really improve their attitude towards Scifi/Chronoscope, It's a great set, but I still feel like it was done at gunpoint.

They can make a profit on it when smaller sets of themed groups would be released like has been mentioned.

Overall, Awesome!

Another huge succes for Reaper, and this also means the Hobby is still alive!

I have pledged $550 now and I already have boxes full of unpainted minis!

I will be Immortal!!!! MMWMMWWHHHHHAUUUUUUAHHHAAAAARRROOOOO!!!

I agree with everything. Chronoscope is a messy expansion, the theme is not really clear. I like that each tier has one, but... it's just not really exciting. The first, as Steampunk/pulp, doesn't have anything new I think, and lacks any big sculpt. Would liked to see some steampunk machinery, some vehicle maybe. The second has a lovecraftian vibe, and that's good, but again it's like half gas. The third is maybe the most cohesive? To reveal it so late and two tiers on one unlock really makes it feel rushed: no question about this expansion being the ugly sister to Greek, Depths or Brinewater. 

Two complaints though, and I realize pretty much everything I say here is a complaint or a neurotic rant about how they aren't delivering the sculpts I want to see... first, I feel they don't promote the KS nearly enough. If you follow other brands, from GW to Warmachine, each release they do gets a lot more promo. A 3M$ KS should get more. More social media presence, more info, on every possible platform. 

I also don't feel a synergy amongst the add-ons that compel you to buy B if you bought A, and I think its something that could both really help rise the numbers and make it even more appealing for us. As I said before, releasing add-ons that complement the encounters: some explorers for the pass, some more hobbits for the spiders. 

And finally... although I would be really pleased with what I get, particularly depths and Greek expansions & the dragons, It will really, really have a sour taste if they don't release Brinewater III and Red Dragon. 

Edited by NyarlaBcn
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, NyarlaBcn said:

I agree with everything. Chronoscope is a messy expansion, the theme is not really clear. I like that each tier has one, but... it's just not really exciting. The first, as Steampunk/pulp, doesn't have anything new I think, and lacks any big sculpt. Would liked to see some steampunk machinery, some vehicle maybe. The second has a lovecraftian vibe, and that's good, but again it's like half gas. The third is maybe the most cohesive? To reveal it so late and two tiers on one unlock really makes it feel rushed: no question about this expansion being the ugly sister to Greek, Depths or Brinewater. 

Two complaints though, and I realize pretty much everything I say here is a complaint or a neurotic rant about how they aren't delivering the sculpts I want to see... first, I feel they don't promote the KS nearly enough. If you follow other brands, from GW to Warmachine, each release they do gets a lot more promo. A 3M$ KS should get more. More social media presence, more info, on every possible platform. 

I don't feel either a synergy amongst the add-ons that compel you to buy B if you bought A. 

And finally... although I would be really pleased with what I get, particularly depths and Greek expansions & the dragons, It will have a sour taste if they don't release Brinewater III and Red Dragon. 

I think Brinewater III will be added anyway today.

Hope to see more..

• Like 3

I agree with the Wolf.  Even if it’s released in the pledge manager afterwards we will see the third part of Brinewind.  They will not leave part of an expansion unreleased.

• Like 5

Alrighty folks, time to fasten your seatbelts, put up your tray tables, and return your seats to their full upright positions as we prepare this KS for landing! :bday:

I'm in for $120 (it was higher, but house expenses have necessitated deferring nonessential costs to future months :down:), with $4 each on two alternate accounts. I've done this before to help out friends who want to get in on the KS later, and if the accounts end up not being needed for that purpose, oh darn I guess that's two more gem dragons for me! :lol:

My current total in the PM, if I got literally everything I want, is over $700. :wacko:

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

Edited by OneBoot
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

And while I’m not as 100% positive about the dragon, I can’t  see them leaving one out of an obvious set either.

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 6

32 minutes ago, NyarlaBcn said:

Well, I posted my opinions in the comments section already so you can guess what I thought most of the time. 

29 minutes ago, bblythe84 said:

This may be a silly question, but when I was adjusting my selections on the pledge manager, it was adding more than the listed amount. Is this normal and intended?

Not normal.  It was putting in doubles for me.  Nearly had a heart attack when I saw the total.  Then I went back over it carefully. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, NyarlaBcn said:

This is my first Bones KS, so I can compare/contrast it to another high $$$ Kickstarter by Dwarven Forge (3mil plus, but only 3000 backers)

Both are very receptive to their customers

Both do videos during the KS

Creators did interact on KS comments about the same amount (I guess in past KickStarters, Reaper interacted a lot more in the comments section.)

Reaper has a much broader user base so I think it is tougher to please (backers not happy with the next reveal because it isn't up their ally. Such comments mainly on KS)

Reaper caters to new backers, which is positive. The starter/core set gives the backer the best deal (for only 120.00).

DF caters to the high end purchaser, you get the best deal if you spend 4K and up. This is a negative for DF, especially if the goal is to attract new customers.

One area that would improve the overall experience (at least in the KS comments section)
DF lays out the stretch goal map out farther, generally 500K or 10 stretch goals. Adds additional goals later as needed. Also has a lot of Lock symbols on existing stretch goal map encounters or sets, especially the starter/core set.

These differences contributed to:

1.) DF Backers didn't complain that the core/beginner set was way over priced compared to previous campaigns (they did complain that the pieces continue to rise in price over time). Again these comments were numerous in the Reaper KS page.

2.) Reaper backer complained on the stretch goal reveals that the reveal wasn't what they wanted (Busts for example). 

9 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

Alrighty folks, time to fasten your seatbelts, put up your tray tables, and return your seats to their full upright positions as we prepare this KS for landing! :bday:

I'm in for $120 (it was higher, but house expenses have necessitated deferring nonessential costs to future months :down:), with $4 each on two alternate accounts. I've done this before to help out friends who want to get in on the KS later, and if the accounts end up not being needed for that purpose, oh darn I guess that's two more gem dragons for me! :lol:

My current total in the PM, if I got literally everything I want, is over $700. :wacko:

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

Yeah, I'm over 600, but nothing in the stretch goals interests me, so for now I'm lucky::D:

• Like 5