ladystorm

Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

1 minute ago, ksbsnowowl said:

From the twitch stream... Ron has planned unlocks all the way up to $4,325,000 on a file on his computer.

Sadly I highly doubt we'll hit that much.

Breaking Bones I 3.4 million seems to be a stretch as well. The pledge run rate puts us at 3.2 million.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, ksbsnowowl said:

From the twitch stream... Ron has planned unlocks all the way up to $4,325,000 on a file on his computer.

Not a chance. I'd expect to max out around $3.5 - $3.75 million, which is still phenomenal.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, ksbsnowowl said:

Per Ed on the stream.  In the PM they might try to make the Gem dragon in all sorts of different translucent colors, in addition to clear.  But only the clear would make it to retail.

Ed prefers clear himself; it will make people happier.

That seems reasonable. It's easier to add color to something that's clear than to take it away.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

I'll admit that I only skim read a lot of the pages in this thread; is all of this negativity and bad feelings from the KS comments section, or is it here, too and I just glossed over it?

A couple backers dropped out of this discussion because they felt strongly enough about what they saw as negativity and doom-and-gloom even in here.

I think the last day or so has seen more enthusiastic and supportive responses to stretch goals than some of the previous days, but I think the Kickstarter comments section was where the bigger problem was - I had to drop out of that, because I was getting kind of depressed about it.

For all I know, I'm part of the problem - I try my best to keep my criticism constructive and would like to think I mostly succeed, but that doesn't mean I'm good at it, and I do have a kind of a wooden ear for that sort of thing sometimes.

Edited by YronimosW
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Piata said:

Not a chance. I'd expect to max out around $3.5 - $3.75 million, which is still phenomenal.

Early on, I estimated 3.5 million. Seems like a stretch at the moment.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, YronimosW said:

I like Ravenhome and the Ghoul set - the gothic horror stuff makes me happy!  I think that appeals to me a lot more than "generic fantasy" does, and there's crossover potential there for both the Mythos and the traditional D&D fantasy genres.

This is the part of the campaign where things go by too quickly for me to keep up!

Same for me. These two have the most "generic fantasy terrain" feel to them that I can re-use more than once.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ksbsnowowl said:

I'll get started on figuring out their stretch goals from $4,400,000 for them if the rest of you guys working on increasing that total. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

Just now, Alsafah79 said:

Early on, I estimated 3.5 million. Seems like a stretch at the moment.

You are most likely right. Yesterday they did $200,000. Even if they double that, an extra $400,000 still puts them below $3.5 mil.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ksbsnowowl said:

Per Ed on the stream.  In the PM they might try to make the Gem dragon in all sorts of different translucent colors, in addition to clear.  But only the clear would make it to retail.

Ed prefers clear himself; it will make people happier.

Oh, I hope so! I was only planning on one Gem Dragon and doing a multi-coloured one to tick people off, but I'd go for multiple dragons if they were in different translucents... 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Cranky Dog said:

Same for me. These two have the most "generic fantasy terrain" feel to them that I can re-use more than once.

I'm loving that terrain, but I don't have much room for it, and I'm more of a pen-and-paper maps-on-graph-paper kind of GM than I am a 3D terrain GM.

I might end up selling the terrain, even though a part of me wants to keep it.  I have a pretty good feeling that there are plenty of good homes for it with people who want the terrain more than the figures, though, so I'm getting these things now - I think it'll be a win for everyone this way.

• Like 4